PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy Randy went out on top!

Triggfan#1
10-13-2007, 10:41 PM
He's done everything he could possibly do other than beat Fedor,(which is evidently not going to happen)so why not go out with his health and pride. The UFC has been disrespecting Randy for awhile now, not componsating him for his work. This coupled with his last performance is the perfect reason for Randy to get out. He was getting outmuscled by the larger younger GG, so makes sense to me that Randy wanted to get out now.

sabreclaww
10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
He's done everything he could possibly do other than beat Fedor,(which is evidently not going to happen)so why not go out with his health and pride. The UFC has been disrespecting Randy for awhile now, not componsating him for his work. This coupled with his last performance is the perfect reason for Randy to get out. He was getting outmuscled by the larger younger GG, so makes sense to me that Randy wanted to get out now.

i agree with your overall sentiment, I just cant say that his getting outmuscled was symptomatic of an ailing/aging fighter...it was just part of the matchup he was in. In other words, it was a known elemebnt that Randy worked around and won. but yes dude, I agree...I didnt want to see him loose to have to retire. Now we can just celebrate his career, and not be dissapointed while we look back at his accomplishments.

ibtweeni
10-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the depth of fighters Randy has in his camp(s), but it is deep. I don't think he'll interfere with his guys fighting in the UFC, but along with the many others, there are so many of his guys that they can support another organization.

http://xtremecouture.wordpress.com/

Triggfan#1
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
i agree with your overall sentiment, I just cant say that his getting outmuscled was symptomatic of an ailing/aging fighter...it was just part of the matchup he was in. In other words, it was a known elemebnt that Randy worked around and won. but yes dude, I agree...I didnt want to see him loose to have to retire. Now we can just celebrate his career, and not be dissapointed while we look back at his accomplishments.
I agree, but it was evident that Randy was outpowered and why should he continue when he has nothing to gain ? i LIKE THAT HE WENT OUT ON HIS TERMS. Fedor made the most sense for Randy thats not happening so why hould Randy make a star out of someone like Vera or Nog (to the North American fans).

da one enigma
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, I dunno about the sentiment on the GG fight and being outmuscled, cause he's been in that position plenty of times before. He controlled and fought his own fight and pulled out a great victory.

As for how we went out, I think it's great he's going out as a champion if he doesn't fight again. But something tells me he will. Couture is a smart guy and honorable at that as well. He said that this isn't a retirement which points to a large possibility of him fighting again.