PDA

View Full Version : the problem i have with UFC 78

TeddyDaBear
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah i understand that there are a few quality fights on this card but do they seriously expect to get alot of buys with Bisping vs. Evans as a main event? The Houston Alexander fight will be sick as well as Edgar vs Fisher but after the Hammil fight Bisping isn't necessarily a fan favorite nor was he overly impressive in the so called "win". As far as "sugar" goes, he's a cage grab away from being back to fighting scrubs. Maybe i'm being a little harsh on the card because it has potential to be interesting but it just irks me to see Bisping's and Evan's face on the UFC website for the link to UFC 78

Gmunit
10-16-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah i understand that there are a few quality fights on this card but do they seriously expect to get alot of buys with Bisping vs. Evans as a main event? The Houston Alexander fight will be sick as well as Edgar vs Fisher but after the Hammil fight Bisping isn't necessarily a fan favorite nor was he overly impressive in the so called "win". As far as "sugar" goes, he's a cage grab away from being back to fighting scrubs. Maybe i'm being a little harsh on the card because it has potential to be interesting but it just irks me to see Bisping's and Evan's face on the UFC website for the link to UFC 78

agreed that the card is weak, but at least either Bisping or Rashad has to lose (i said the same shit w/ Tito and Rashad)

its cards like this where the undercards really shine, and i kinda have the same feeling of this one, i look forward to seeing Lauzon vs Reinhardt (sp?)

SumsNews
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Yea I was a lil' upset too, but not all cards can be great. This is the first time I've noticed a card like this, so it's not too much to get upset about. Keep in mind the "cut backs", they might be trying something new.

The Kludd
10-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Amen brother!! Another Dana milkfest!! Not PPV worthy... Now maybe if they add Chuck v Wand, Gonzaga v Arlovski, & maybe Griffin v Rampage to the card; it would be worth buying!! THAT's what was so great about PRIDE: the fighters usually fought 4x a year there!!!!