PDA

View Full Version : matt serra and mark laimon

MMAPIMP
08-25-2006, 04:59 AM
on the newest episode of tuf4 they show the preview of mark laimon coming on the show and they try to start a rivalray between them. matt serra say in the commercial he a guy that talks crap about fighters and doesnt fight. does any1 ever heared of them two not liking each other?

dagreat1
08-25-2006, 05:02 AM
on the newest episode of tuf4 they show the preview of mark laimon coming on the show and they try to start a rivalray between them. matt serra say in the commercial he a guy that talks crap about fighters and doesnt fight. does any1 ever heared of them two not liking each other?

Yeah I heard something about them not liking eachother... It was on the commercial for the next TUF episode.

Kewl144
08-25-2006, 05:57 AM
Marc (with a C, not a K) doesnt fight MMA fights. He's a grappling instructor. Maybe he's full of himself or something and Matt doesnt like that because the guy isnt a MMA fighter.

Kewl144
08-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Oh and incase anyone doesnt know or didnt recognize Marc from the promo, he was one of the trainers from season 1 and 2 of TUF.

duran
08-29-2006, 03:51 AM
Does anybody know the guy's credentials/experience?

Kewl144
08-29-2006, 04:22 AM

He apparently founded Cobra Kai Jiu Jitsu in 2004.

He has a website: http://marclaimon.com/

Boo
08-29-2006, 05:00 AM
I recognize the guy from some of the earlier UFCs. They did a bit in an effort to educate the fans called "On the Matt with Mark Laimon" (I think that's what it was called). Mark would have two guys demonstrate various submission techniques, like armsbars, kimuras, etc.

Rogan would always caution people not to try these techniques out on their little brother. :grinsmile1:

steelebone
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Marc is an amazing grappler but in an mma fight Serra would probably stomp his ass.

warrior06
09-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Ya the segment was "On the mat with Marc Laimon" Too bad they stopped those. White & Black!!

Its messed up that he talks so much smack but doesnt throw down in the cage but everyone has an opinion. Proly has a weak chin. :fingersmilie:

Boo
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Ya the segment was "On the mat with Marc Laimon" Too bad they stopped those. White & Black!!

Its messed up that he talks so much smack but doesnt throw down in the cage but everyone has an opinion. Proly has a weak chin. :fingersmilie:
I wish they would bring something like that back too, but expand it beyond BJJ, and do some Judo, wrestling, etc. How about a spinning back kick from Tao Kwon Do? Especially now that there are so many new fans. Maybe if the new fans understand what's happening on the ground, they won't boo every time fighters aren't slugging it out.

Don't think Marc L is the guy for the job, though. My impression of him even back then was that he is arrogant. Looked that way on TUF too. Bring in some guys with personality. Shonie could show us a slow mo spinning back fist and Karo a Judo hip toss. Matt has personality plus too. Whatcha think?

TN94z
09-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Laimon was talking about Gracie on the show and that was really upsetting Serra. It seemed like it all started when they were cornering opposite each other and Serra's guy won. Serra said that Laimon told his fighter to just take the other to the ground and they would win the fight. Well when Laimon's guy did that and then got submitted, Laimon was upset with the ref. Serra didn't like that. That's what I got from watching the show last night.

ozzy2525
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
marc laimon is a little bitch it got me so mad when he started talking about ricksion my hero ricksion would smash his ass at sport bjj or mma

Boo
09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
marc laimon is a little bitch it got me so mad when he started talking about ricksion my hero ricksion would smash his ass at sport bjj or mma
Doesn't win any points with me either when he starts bad mouthing Ricksion or Royce.

Afro
09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I hope we get to see some more drama from Laimon and Serra

some Ortiz/Shamrock-esqued stuff I hope.

Kimuras"R"Us
09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Instead of Shonie instructing people on how to do moves, I'd much rather see him in a "Flavor of Love" type show... Think about it.

YEAHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYY

warrior06
09-02-2006, 06:42 AM
I wish they would bring something like that back too, but expand it beyond BJJ, and do some Judo, wrestling, etc. How about a spinning back kick from Tao Kwon Do? Especially now that there are so many new fans. Maybe if the new fans understand what's happening on the ground, they won't boo every time fighters aren't slugging it out.

Don't think Marc L is the guy for the job, though. My impression of him even back then was that he is arrogant. Looked that way on TUF too. Bring in some guys with personality. Shonie could show us a slow mo spinning back fist and Karo a Judo hip toss. Matt has personality plus too. Whatcha think?

People were proly getting hurt trying it on their little brothers and/or they didnt want to pay marc anymore. There are different sources for good instructional mma, although i havent found a judo vid. I watch and enjoy Bas Rutten's Superior Fighting Tech's vol 1-8.

Crazy part about Marc L is that he was taught under Royce back in the day, according to his bio on his site, and I assume he has respect for him in the utmost fashion. I think somethings were taken out of context, combined with camera angles, and serras point of view; just to shake things up a bit. We are talking about it so i guess it worked. :blink:

Serra is a good teammate!! Shonie is a cool character and I want to see him do well!! Flava of Love all the way. Similar to the Fighter of Love or the Love Fist! :afro:

Boo
09-02-2006, 02:23 PM
People were proly getting hurt trying it on their little brothers and/or they didnt want to pay marc anymore. There are different sources for good instructional mma, although i havent found a judo vid. I watch and enjoy Bas Rutten's Superior Fighting Tech's vol 1-8.

I was thinking along the lines of for the joe average fan, and that means you gotta entertain them, to teach them. Though I would probably enjoy the Bas tapes, thanks for the tip.

Crazy part about Marc L is that he was taught under Royce back in the day, according to his bio on his site, and I assume he has respect for him in the utmost fashion. I think somethings were taken out of context, combined with camera angles, and serras point of view; just to shake things up a bit. We are talking about it so i guess it worked. :blink:

Golly Gee, would they really do that....seriously, I'm sure they do milk controversy for all it's worth. Most students do respect their instructors, but I don't think it's a given. Some are just arrogant lil pricks. It's unusual for me, but when Marc was doing the "on the matt" bits, I took a dislike to him. Could be unfair, just an impression.

subman
09-03-2006, 07:50 AM

Someone who has never fought, talking trash (and REALLY gong overboard) about guys who have been there and done that VERY SUCCESSFULLY, is just plain crap.

I remember his HORRIBLE Baroni advice, and have no lost all respect for him. He was gleeful in his "glad Royce lost" garbage. Where is his respect for the actual fighters? What a bunch of garbage.