PDA

View Full Version : Does Joe need to Go?

pa99fighter
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Decisions Decisions. Do the yankees really need to Fire Torre? Some people say they need to because the yankees arent winning world series but is that really his fault? If the yankees fire Torre they could loser Mariano Rivera along with Jorge Posada ant thatd be bad on top of A-rod Possibly opting out. I can see if they fire guidry because the yankees pitching is so inconsistent if your older than 25 [besides Petitte].
I say keep Joe, Get Mariano as Closer, Try Jobba out as starter if that doesnt work setup man till Mo Retires, Fire Guidry but find someone new dont promote the yankees minor league pitching coach because he is great with the youth, and Pray A-rod doesnt listen to Boras!

DOCTOR
10-17-2007, 01:52 PM
He's still a good manager. It's not his fault his players are paid too much and they feel they are so good that they don't have to listen to him. Now, if the Yanks want to change their direction, and don't mind losing for a couple years, then, by all means, get a new manager.

Severn
10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
You know I like Joe Torre and respect what he's done but that environment isn't good for him. While he can't hit or pitch for his players I think both parties really want to end this relationship. Joe has to go through with this every single year. The dangling sword of Steinbrenner hanging over his on a yearly basis is can get pretty tiring.

I also wonder what Cashman's plans are for himself and the team.

Thaistylist
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Sometimes players just need to hear a new message. I think they should hire Leo Mazzone as pitching coach and Girardi as manager

eazye76
10-18-2007, 04:57 PM
For anyone who doesn't know Joe Torre just told the Yankees to fuck themselves when they offered him a shit contract.
I say good for him!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3069115

Thaistylist
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
So you dont think 6 mill was a bit much?

TookaChinchilla
10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
why accept a 1 year deal when he'd have to go through the same bullshit next year.

pa99fighter
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
fuck that they disrespected joe, joe doesnt need to manage. get girardi and ill be ok with the loss