PDA

View Full Version : Will Guillard stay ayo for yayo or get himself together??

skeemin
10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I was really pissed when he got suspended because I think he's one the best lightweights prospects.. Cocaine isnt a drug I'd expect MMA fighters to use, that has really gotta mess with your cardio. When I look at what you guys said about my Huerta post you boys were right.. that's why I love these forums because you guys filter out all my stupid MMa thoughts. But is Guillard a legiminate contender in a year or two if he stays away from la cocaina??

Marlo Black
10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I was really pissed when he got suspended because I think he's one the best lightweights prospects.. Cocaine isnt a drug I'd expect MMA fighters to use, that has really gotta mess with your cardio. When I look at what you guys said about my Huerta post you boys were right.. that's why I love these forums because you guys filter out all my stupid MMa thoughts. But is Guillard a legiminate contender in a year or two if he stays away from la cocaina??

I think he could be, but there are A LOT of ifs involved. If he stays away from the dust. If he stays away from other trouble for that matter. If, and probably the biggest, he ever develops any resemblance of a ground game. His striking alone isn't going to do it in that division. I understand why a lot of people have dislike for the guy, but I do like watching him fight.

Masscore
10-18-2007, 09:16 PM

I don't think he will be a legit contender anytime soon. The LW divison has a lot of guys that would run right through Gulliard.

Florian
Stevenson
Penn
Thomas
Sherk
Taravers(sp?)
Griffin
Guida
Auerilo

All those guys would probably handle Gulliard because the guy a huge lack of ground game and even in two years I doubt he could catch-up to anyone on that list.

Intellectual
10-18-2007, 09:39 PM
guillard is overrated. horrible stand up, and his emotions during the fight get in the way. his aggressivness is like Kevin Randleman's.

leelandk
10-19-2007, 12:58 AM
guillard is overrated. horrible stand up, and his emotions during the fight get in the way. his aggressivness is like Kevin Randleman's.

Exactly, I've been calling him the LW Randleman forever and not because of the dyed blonde hair. He's a scarily imposing athlete with strength and unreal explosiveness, but he will never be able to get the mental side of the game down, imo.

virtualpurple
10-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Unfortunately I think Melvin believes his hands and feet will carry him to the top. But even if he were to make his way to top 5 Florian would utterly make a joke out of him.