PDA

View Full Version : Cage Today Rankings

jrube
10-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Just curious of what y'all think of these ranking... I think they are actually pretty good, except for the LHW division... Forrest and Jardine are way to high on the list. now take in to consideration these rankings are before last nights fights. The best thing is that we don't see SERRA at the top of the 170 division.

LIGHT WEIGHT DIVISION (155 LBS.)

1. BJ Penn
2. Sean Sherk
3. Joe Stevenson
4. Tyson Griffin
5. Gesias Calvancanti
6. Gilbert Melendez
7. Thiago Tavares
8. Kenny Florian
9. Takanori Gomi
10. Spencer Fisher
WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170 LBS.)

1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Matt Hughes
3. Matt Sera
4. Hayato Sakurai
5. Karo Parisyan
6. John Fitch
7. Diego Sanchez
MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185 LBS.)

1. Anderson Silva
2. Rich Franklin
3. Paulo Filho
4. Dan Henderson
5. Cung Le
6. Matt Linland
7. Yushin Okami
8. Nathan Marquardt
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205 LBS.)

1. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
2. Forrest Griffin
3. Keith Jardine
4. Dan Henderson
5. Wanderlei Silva
6. Chuck Liddell
7. Ricardo Arona
8. Shogun Rua
HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (up to 265 LBS.)

1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Randy Couture
3. Tim Sylvia
4. Andrei Arlovski
5. Cheick Kongo
6. Josh Barnett
7. Antonio Rogerio “Minotoro” Nogueira
POUND FOR POUND (No Limit)

1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. B.J. Penn
4. Anderson Silva
5. Matt Hughes
6. Rampage Jackson

MMA Resources | Ad

Masscore
10-21-2007, 08:24 PM
These are actually some of the worst rankings have ever seen.

Lightwieght -
BJ Penn should not be number 1, sorry he has only fought one fight at LW in last 4 years and it was against a downhill Pulver. JZ right now is the best LW, maybe best fighter in the world.

WW -
Where the hell is Koscheck, he is arugably the number 4 or 3 WW in the world right now. Karo has never beaten a ranked fighter that I can remember, so how the hell is he number 4 after Sanchez beat him.

MW - Chung Le is not rankable yet and Franklin is not number 2.

LHW - Griffin and Jardine over Hendo and Wandy??? Wtf is up with that?

HW - Big Nog number 7.... oh come on.

Yea these might be the worse overall rankings I have ever seen.

Ramma
10-21-2007, 08:32 PM
JZ under Tyson Griffin? No friggin way. JZ is a top 4 LW right now. Gomi at #9? right.....

Rich Franklin is maybe the #5 MW in the world right now.

I wouldn't put Griffin and Jardine over Wanderlei and Hendo

Ricardo Arona ranked over Shogun?

Nog anything less than #3?

Thumbs down on these rankings :rtrp: I mean, they really suck.

jrube
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
These are actually some of the worst rankings have ever seen.

Lightwieght -
BJ Penn should not be number 1, sorry he has only fought one fight at LW in last 4 years and it was against a downhill Pulver. JZ right now is the best LW, maybe best fighter in the world.

WW -
Where the hell is Koscheck, he is arugably the number 4 or 3 WW in the world right now. Karo has never beaten a ranked fighter that I can remember, so how the hell is he number 4 after Sanchez beat him.

MW - Chung Le is not rankable yet and Franklin is not number 2.

LHW - Griffin and Jardine over Hendo and Wandy??? Wtf is up with that?

HW - Big Nog number 7.... oh come on.

Yea these might be the worse overall rankings I have ever seen.

On the BJ Penn issue.. I can see PENN being ranked #1 in the LW division... If Fedor for some reason decided to drop 25lbs and fight at 205, do you not think he would be ranked right at the top? I think when most people are doing their rankings, especially when fighters change weight classes, they look at their over all accomplishments in each weight class they have fought. Just my thoughts.

If you take into consideration that BJ PENN hasn't fought at LW for 4 yrs, and only fought 1 fight at LW... then by your theory he shouldn't even be in the top 10.... that is kinda stupid don't ya think?

KOS #3 or for in the 170????#4??? No way.... You can easily put Hughes, GSP, Fitch, Sakuri and yes Parisian over KOS....

Big NOG... I can see that... the last top ranked guy he beat was Barnett, but Barnett beat him the fight before that.... Besides Barnett was Cro-Cop, but that was like 4 yrs ago, and Herring gave NOG a hard time their last fight.

Cung Le... I agree there... He needs to fight a ranked fighter before he breaks the top ten...

Again, these rankings are always debatable, and to everyones opinion.

Dr. MMA
10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
alright the lhw rankings are sooo wack that its pointless to bring up all the problems with it.

All I'm going to say about the rankings though is how can you rank cung le and not rank kang?!?! you must be delusional to forget him

jrube
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
JZ under Tyson Griffin? No friggin way. JZ is a top 4 LW right now. Gomi at #9? right.....

Rich Franklin is maybe the #5 MW in the world right now.

I wouldn't put Griffin and Jardine over Wanderlei and Hendo

Ricardo Arona ranked over Shogun?

Thumbs down on these rankings :rtrp:

Trust me I like JZ... but the toughest fighter he has ever beaten, IMO, is Caol Uno, and he isn't top 10... so JZ IMO needs to be at the bottom of the top 10 list in that division. Tyson has fought and beaten much tougher opponents than JZ.... So lets hope we see a Tyson/JZ fight sometime soon!

jrube
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
alright the lhw rankings are sooo wack that its pointless to bring up all the problems with it.

All I'm going to say about the rankings though is how can you rank cung le and not rank kang?!?! you must be delusional to forget him

I agree with that as well... I really wish Dana would have signed KANG, but for some reason he must not of thought much of him yet....

valheruking
10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Trust me I like JZ... but the toughest fighter he has ever beaten, IMO, is Caol Uno, and he isn't top 10... so JZ IMO needs to be at the bottom of the top 10 list in that division. Tyson has fought and beaten much tougher opponents than JZ.... So lets hope we see a Tyson/JZ fight sometime soon!
There is too much wrong with this post to even get into.

Greenish
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
How hell can they rank Kongo above Big Nog???

pa99fighter
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
for middleweight id put Shamrock in there.
and im not a pride fan but even I agree Big Nog should be way higher

danno775
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
How hell can they rank Kongo above Big Nog???

I wanna see kongo vs. Big Nog. Kongo 2nd round KO!!!Anybody any money!!!:valh:

TheDirtySis
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Did any1 else notice it is actually little nog he has ranked in th HW division?

It says Rogerio not Rodrigo

Brutus
10-21-2007, 11:26 PM
these are pretty bad. LW thru HW not good. even pfp is fucked. We need some Nick Diaz in there and how do you rank Arona above Shogun?

Buggedoutnicy
10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
these rankings are terrible

nuff said