PDA

View Full Version : Any one got ???????

Jon-E-Law
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
anyone got a great and proven stressing proven here get ripped diet and excersise program while still maintaining muscel growth anylinks or articals would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Clint
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Read the FAQ Thread.

southsider
10-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Check this guy out:

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

Clint
10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Jesus that site is hard to read.

Jon-E-Law
10-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Read the FAQ Thread.

Yea that shit is from the 80 s lol jk but im looking for a new diet excersize program iv started one this monday while every fing meal basicly is chicken iv lost 2 pounds already and im just in fear that i will lose my strengh! Although you cant tell in the pics with randy i posted i max on bench about 318 curl 140 and workout everyday. everytime i train mma i lose a ton of strengh and am sick of trying to get it back looking for min losses on strengh while cutting my baby fat prob around 15 -20 pounds just seeing if anyone has a proven regimin. any help is appreciated

Clint
10-25-2007, 04:38 AM
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm
Do some HIIT and lift enough to not lose muscle.

southsider
10-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Do some HIIT and lift enough to not lose muscle.

How much is considered enough and not to lose muscle?

Noob
10-25-2007, 05:14 AM
How much is considered enough and not to lose muscle?

That depends on your body. Some people maintain muscle very easily, others struggle to keep it on.

Just have to play around with it until you get it right. I know it's not the best answer, it's the reality of it.

I would recommend starting with two times a week, see how your body responds, and go from there.

For me personally, I can maintain my muscle without adding weights if I'm just training in class. But if I add cardio, I have to lift all the time. My body responds very quickly to cardio, but very slowly to weights. Your body will be different, and you just have to figure out what your body responds to.

Clint
10-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Yeah once or twice a week would be good if you are doing heavy compound lifts.

southsider
10-25-2007, 05:22 AM
That depends on your body. Some people maintain muscle very easily, others struggle to keep it on.

Just have to play around with it until you get it right. I know it's not the best answer, it's the reality of it.

I would recommend starting with two times a week, see how your body responds, and go from there.

For me personally, I can maintain my muscle without adding weights if I'm just training in class. But if I add cardio, I have to lift all the time. My body responds very quickly to cardio, but very slowly to weights. Your body will be different, and you just have to figure out what your body responds to.

Thanks!!
I'm actually applying to be a fitness consultant, part-time, so im just trying to get some opinions.
Yeah my body doesn't respond that well to cardio, so including it almost everywork out does not really affect my weight. It's great getting the cardiovascular benefits, but not losing the muscle. I guess it would be that great if I was trying to drop down a weight class!

Nutrition is definitely vital to muscle and weight maintence.

southsider
10-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah once or twice a week would be good if you are doing heavy compound lifts.

Thanks Clint.

But yeah liguidmoney,
Cardio would be number one if you're looking to tone. It will slow down some of your muscle gains though if you're looking to get ripped.
Nutrition wise would be the obvious: low fat, high protein. The emphasis on low carb diets are not as important as low fat (low saturated and trans)

Clint
10-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks Clint.

But yeah liguidmoney,
Cardio would be number one if you're looking to tone. It will slow down some of your muscle gains though if you're looking to get ripped.
Nutrition wise would be the obvious: low fat, high protein. The emphasis on low carb diets are not as important as low fat (low saturated and trans)
I disagree. You need fats and you need carbs (they just have to be timed right) Fats can compromise 30% of your diet with Carbs being 30% and protein being 40% without a problem. The key is to make sure that the fats are evenly distributes between saturate, poly unsaturated and monounsaturated and also that any of the refined high or medium GI carbs are eaten periworkout.

louiedawg
10-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I disagree. You need fats and you need carbs (they just have to be timed right) Fats can compromise 30% of your diet with Carbs being 30% and protein being 40% without a problem. The key is to make sure that the fats are evenly distributes between saturate, poly unsaturated and monounsaturated and also that any of the refined high or medium GI carbs are eaten periworkout.

This is right on. You need to have a healthy combo of fats, carbs, and protein in your diet. I'm in the fitness industry and started training MMA about 2 months ago. I have the luxury of working with a certified nutritionist that monitors everything for me. I've gone from 17% bodyfat to 12% in 6 weeks without losing more then 5 lbs. My strenght is through the roof, and my cardi o gets better each week. The obvious result is a tone, tone, tone. What works for me may not work for you, but the basics to follow for cutting without losing muscle are:

-Eat enough whole foods as possible with the least amount of preservatives.

-Time your carbs like Clint said so that your eating them an hour before working out and within an hour after working out. Most of your carbs should have a good amount of fiber in them.....ie: 100% whole grains, legumes, beans....etc. Though if your gonna eat bad carbs after your workout would be the best time.

-Don't be afraid of fats!! If your not taking in that many carbs then your body is gonna need the fats as an alternative energy source.

-If you really looking to cut then the rest of the time follow a simple protein/vegetable combo for most meals. You need fiber!! There are plenty of veggies that are low calorie, but high in fiber to help with cutting.

-Proteins: as much as possible from whole foods.

-Fruits/Veggies: Organic if possible....if not locally grown is essential!!

Obviously OMEGA 3's!! Udo's oil is a perfect liquid oil that is prepared properly with the right ratios. This is essential as there are plenty of crappy alternatives out there.

WHEY PROTEIN: high quality with the least amount of preservatives. www.jayrobb.com. Stay away from soy!!

MULTIVITAMIN: Metagenics puts out a great men's multi, but you may have to go through a doctor or nutrionist to get it.

The intervals are a great way to cut, but if your already putting time in with your MMA then 3 total body weight workouts a week is plenty to keep and build muscle if your nutrition is on. You can burn a ton of calories while getting strong with basic bodyweight/Dumbbell circuits.