PDA

View Full Version : Rep points and questions??

TN94z
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
First, how do you give someone rep points? And second, I have replied in threads and said one thing, and then someone wil turn around and say the exact same thing and they will get repped while I get none. How am I supposed to build up rep points? It seems there is alot of rep points being given between "friends." That is the only thing I see problems with here. Not saying anything bad or that I don't like, because that is the way that it is. It is just frustrating to post and not get any reps to gain the ability to get other premissions.

Mods you can delete. I found the info

Ramma
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Doesn't anybody ready the rules section? :rtrp:

Seems like every new person posts this same exact thread...
I know this is Noob Jack City, but still. I think the General Questions thread needs to be put in here too.

TN94z
10-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm sure someone does. If you look at the original post, I asked that it be deleted because I found it. But thanks for that helpful info.

Noob
10-22-2007, 06:07 PM
http://forums.mmanews.com/announcement.php?f=34

That explains most of it. As for people giving to rep they know or like, that's just kind of the way it works. Hard to do much about that.

A good way to get rep is to contribute news stories to the site. Usually if you contribute a good story it will get moved to the main area, and people are likely to rep for a good story or newsbreak.

That's about all I can tell you. If you're trying to get rep to get other permissions then you're in trouble. People don't appreciate members coming here for the sole purpose of leeching. But if you're here to contribute and have fun then just keep doing what you're doing and it will come with time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me or any of the other mods a message.

MasterShake
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm sure someone does. If you look at the original post, I asked that it be deleted because I found it. But thanks for that helpful info.

yah man these guys are harsh in here, I am new only been posting for about 2 weeks tops, never really joined many forums, this is honestly the first one, I love to talk MMA, like I said these guys are harsh, very critical, I truly dont care about the rep points sure Iwould like to have more permissions but I am here to talk/ have some good intelligent debates, I think its kinda like a prison system in here, there are the cliques, of people who give REP to eachother, but they knock the new guys down and gang up on them, just like jail, you have to hold your own and show them you wont back down. I got major REP my first day then I said one thing in a stupid argument and like 14 people took my REP away, and its the same people that stick together, so just suck it up or dont talk, I suck it up cause Im here to talk, I dont view it as a popularity contest, I'm just here to voice my opinion.

Noob
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Doesn't anybody ready the rules section? :rtrp:

Seems like every new person posts this same exact thread...
I know this is Noob Jack City, but still. I think the General Questions thread needs to be put in here too.

I think I will do that. I had been giving it some thought, and it wouldn't hurt anything.

Steel
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
yah man these guys are harsh in here, I am new only been posting for about 2 weeks tops, never really joined many forums, this is honestly the first one, I love to talk MMA, like I said these guys are harsh, very critical, I truly dont care about the rep points sure Iwould like to have more permissions but I am here to talk/ have some good intelligent debates, I think its kinda like a prison system in here, there are the cliques, of people who give REP to eachother, but they knock the new guys down and gang up on them, just like jail, you have to hold your own and show them you wont back down. I got major REP my first day then I said one thing in a stupid argument and like 14 people took my REP away, and its the same people that stick together, so just suck it up or dont talk, I suck it up cause Im here to talk, I dont view it as a popularity contest, I'm just here to voice my opinion.

Hi there Damien..

When I first came to this forum, I had no idea about the various personalities that were on board. I instantly made friends with guys like Noob, Bullock, Sundance & Dork as they were very easy going and laid back.

I think you'll find that the longtime members of this forum will do our jobs for us and maintain civility by dispatching rep as needed. Don't get me wrong..mods and admins will do whats needed and have been to discipline when necessary.

It's all about getting to know the community and having it get to know you as well. I'll give you props for speaking up about your feelings, but recommend that you keep in mind that the mods and other long time members make up the community as a whole.

Welcome aboard and hope it all works out for you.

TN94z
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
http://forums.mmanews.com/announcement.php?f=34

That explains most of it. As for people giving to rep they know or like, that's just kind of the way it works. Hard to do much about that.

A good way to get rep is to contribute news stories to the site. Usually if you contribute a good story it will get moved to the main area, and people are likely to rep for a good story or newsbreak.

That's about all I can tell you. If you're trying to get rep to get other permissions then you're in trouble. People don't appreciate members coming here for the sole purpose of leeching. But if you're here to contribute and have fun then just keep doing what you're doing and it will come with time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me or any of the other mods a message.

I'm not trying to get the rep just to get in those sections. I love talking about MMA as I train in BJJ. It just gets frustrating seeing guys making posts that are not rep worthy getting points and then other guys that make very good posts get looked over. It's nothing I am mad about or anything like that. I believe it is a good system and needs to be in place, but there are loop holes I guess. No biggie. I will continue to post no matter what. I have been watching UFC since UFC 1 and love talking about it. I just don't have the time to surf the internet getting stories like many of these guys. By the time I see a story, it has already been posted here.

MasterShake
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I think I will do that. I had been giving it some thought, and it wouldn't hurt anything.

Yah there very educational

MasterShake
10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi there Damien..

When I first came to this forum, I had no idea about the various personalities that were on board. I instantly made friends with guys like Noob, Bullock, Sundance & Dork as they were very easy going and laid back.

I think you'll find that the longtime members of this forum will do our jobs for us and maintain civility by dispatching rep as needed. Don't get me wrong..mods and admins will do whats needed and have been to discipline when necessary.

It's all about getting to know the community and having it get to know you as well. I'll give you props for speaking up about your feelings, but recommend that you keep in mind that the mods and other long time members make up the community as a whole.

Welcome aboard and hope it all works out for you.

Ok, thanks I think thats what happened to me, I jumped straight into a pond with a bunch of hunrgy sharks, and there were no fish left but me, but I am slowly starting to learn what conversations to get in and which ones to stay out of, I am also learning who's who. I have been making alot of good points today and think things are going good. Like I said I like the conversations here, i have become addicted to them in the last two weeks, everyone in here is awesome to talk to even when we disagree, cause that makes the conversations interstings.

Noob
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I will continue to post no matter what. I have been watching UFC since UFC 1 and love talking about it. I just don't have the time to surf the internet getting stories like many of these guys. By the time I see a story, it has already been posted here.

One of the things I do, that got me more rep than almost anything else was this:

When I saw someone post an interesting new article, I would look for the source at the bottom. Then, I would save that site to my bookmarks. I did that for a few weeks, just any time I saw something interesting. I have a folder for 'MMA News Sites.'

In the morning, before I head out of the house, I right-click the file and select 'Open All.' I spend about 10 minutes and run down a few stories from each site, and I post any that I think are interesting and not already on here.

I don't always have time to do it in the morning, but when I do it's an easy way to get some rep for your efforts. People, especially on here, tend to appreciate the news. Most other forums are much more conversation-based. This one has one of the best collections of incoming news of any forum I've ever been on.

Either way, it's something worth trying. Hope you have some luck with it if you decide to try it.

MasterShake
10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
One of the things I do, that got me more rep than almost anything else was this:

When I saw someone post an interesting new article, I would look for the source at the bottom. Then, I would save that site to my bookmarks. I did that for a few weeks, just any time I saw something interesting. I have a folder for 'MMA News Sites.'

In the morning, before I head out of the house, I right-click the file and select 'Open All.' I spend about 10 minutes and run down a few stories from each site, and I post any that I think are interesting and not already on here.

I don't always have time to do it in the morning, but when I do it's an easy way to get some rep for your efforts. People, especially on here, tend to appreciate the news. Most other forums are much more conversation-based. This one has one of the best collections of incoming news of any forum I've ever been on.

Either way, it's something worth trying. Hope you have some luck with it if you decide to try it.

I do that everyday anyway thanks for the advice

jedilost1
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
i'm also tryin to get repped myself but we all got to remember...Its all about MMA and the great fighters that are in it