PDA

View Full Version : anyone else think Randy is goin to chase Fedor?

jedilost1
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Randy tryin to get a fight again Fedor in M1. And from what i've heard, M1 is willing to do work with any other federation in the world. It kinda makes me think that the UFC is tryin to be a monopoly and basically say "FUCK M1 and all these other organizations..We're the UFC!! WE BOUGHT PRIDE!!"
Well thats just my opinion..i sort of think that this had a small inkling to do with Randy leaving..
But i truly think Randy is hunting Fedor down..That would be a great fight:deadhorse: EVEN THOUGH FEDOR WOULD WIN lmao

valheruking
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
It wont happen as long as Randy is under contract with the UFC, i cant see them co-promoting a fight so that'll never happen.

I still think theres a chance it could happen once Randy is free of the UFC, he's getting older, but i think he'd accept it as a final retirement style match, and we know Fedor is up for it, so yeah i think it could happen, eventually.

jedilost1
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
when he quit does that mean that the contract he had with the UFC keeps him from competing for other organizations?

rafesparza
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Randy tryin to get a fight again Fedor in M1. And from what i've heard, M1 is willing to do work with any other federation in the world. It kinda makes me think that the UFC is tryin to be a monopoly and basically say "FUCK M1 and all these other organizations..We're the UFC!! WE BOUGHT PRIDE!!"
Well thats just my opinion..i sort of think that this had a small inkling to do with Randy leaving..
But i truly think Randy is hunting Fedor down..That would be a great fight:deadhorse: EVEN THOUGH FEDOR WOULD WIN lmao

It'd be something great to see...
But like you said, highly doubtful given the UFC's leverage on this one.

It's just one of those things that I think even if we do end up getting to see, it might not be the kind of scenario or under the conditions that all of us would want.

jedilost1
10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
your right it would probably be some half ass put together event just for a company tryin to get some cash in..
even though MMA is getting great and more recognized..anyone else see how its getting more commercial and corrupt?
It used to be like a rumor that u heard every once in a while but now its like right in your face with some things..
i don't know, i guess i just love the sport too much and wish i was all hunky dory..but thats not thinking realistically.

Noob
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
when he quit does that mean that the contract he had with the UFC keeps him from competing for other organizations?

Pretty much.

jedilost1
10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
well i kinda see why he quit now. I'm mad and i'm not even involved really LMAO

Gurry
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
well i kinda see why he quit now. I'm mad and i'm not even involved really LMAO

theirs alot of mitigating factors in the randy case. Acccording to his contract he has 9 months to go, however, dana said once a fighter retires their contract "freezes" and their contract becomes active once they start fighting once again. I guess alot of our questions will be answered come thursday, im really awaiting to see what randy has to say and what his game plan will be. I really hope i dont here "i retire".

Alotta ppl give randy shit but forget that hes the guy that made us all go crazy over the forums in march. I went absolutley ape shit, i remb i was at my friends b-day party and came home to see it. War Randy, best fighter of all time.

orion_damage
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I would think so or vice versa, who knows though. Here's an interesting thread started by clint you should read concerning M-1, brings up some interesting facts.

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=17173

TN94z
10-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Could M1 not buy out the remainder of his contract somehow just to get this fight? It probably wouldn't be worth it for them though. Is Randy's contract fight based or time based? So if he worked some deal with M1, came back to the UFC fought his last two remaining fights and then left...that shouldn't be an issue, right?

Everyone was talking about Randy and he is my hero...but when you quit, you quit.