PDA

View Full Version : Good time Saturday night

euchner
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Advice to novices going to UFC events: Don't bring a bottle of water or large SLR type camera with zoom lens. You'll be turned back. Be prepared to buy the pay preview as well.
$400 for a seat on the floor, if your unlucky, you will have to watch the big screens allot.
My friends in another spot on the floor had a group of large human beings in front of them. When every one stood up their view was worse! Most looked toward the screen pretty much all night.

I was lucky, as shown in a few pictures; I was able to stand pretty much the entire time up against the fence where all but for two of the fighters entered.

Additionally they need more big screens, above the cage. Our seats facing the screens and the cage made it so that we had to look past the cage to an even more distant screen or turn around to a closer screen.

We should have opted for the $300 seats at the beginning of the bleacher seats, the non floor standard seats for basketball or hockey, then standing or sitting views would be better.

The floor seats basically gave us the option to get in line, if you early for very friendly pictures, exchanges or signatures with; Pluver, Rogan, Dana, Hughes and several more.

Also I can confirm anotherís thread get to the weigh-ins very early. Donít even think about a half day a work, youíre sick.

Iíll try to stick some pictures here, man the file size limitation might make this bad.

rafesparza
10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
nice. how was it live?

i was gonna try to get out there, but i had class.

i had seriously debated the idea of driving out there after class, but didn't find a set of seats that I really liked.

euchner
10-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah lots of energy, great music.

But what you might not know is they, the UFC celebrity are very nice and realized we were there.

Example at the weigh ins: Dana was doing a photo op at the row 1 fence. Made my way down. Up about four feet taller than Dana. Lining up to shoot the photo. He stops after a hug and photo. Looks me right in the eyes. See what I'm doing. Posses for along time, my camera is old and slow. Flash hits him square, he never blinks. Turning away for more gooey take my picture with Dana. I thank him, he turns back, looks in the eyes and nods.

No big deal.

rafesparza
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah lots of energy, great music.

But what you might not know is they, the UFC celebrity are very nice and realized we were there.

Example at the weigh ins: Dana was doing a photo op at the row 1 fence. Made my way down. Up about four feet taller than Dana. Lining up to shoot the photo. He stops after a hug and photo. Looks me right in the eyes. See what I'm doing. Posses for along time, my camera is old and slow. Flash hits him square, he never blinks. Turning away for more gooey take my picture with Dana. I thank him, he turns back, looks in the eyes and nods.

No big deal.

I actually went to UFC 68 and was stoked man. I had to do the same thing. I had a weekend class and jetted my way to Columbus.

I didn't get a chance to go to the weigh ins, but I'm planning to do so if I end up purchasing tickets for this December.

That's pretty awesome man @ Dana. Also might suggest Dana is part robot.

... you didn't hear that from me.

Although I'd like to think in that situation, I woulda shaken the man's hand and said "Hey man, you make good decisions and then bad ones... but you're now looking at your Director of Communications."

binimac
10-23-2007, 03:23 AM
i sat about twelve rows off the floor and had an awsome view the majority of the show.only when the ref or cameraman were directly in line with the fighters, did i need the tv's.

and for the record, there were so many scalpers with so many leftover tickets, it blew my mind. i went with about six people, and if my ticket wasent a gift, i had TWO opportunities to sit on the floor for anywhere from twenty to fifty dollars! no shit
not sure if this is the norm on ufc events but something to keep in mind if they come to a town or city near you.

and bye the way
when welcome to the jungle hit in the arena everybody in the house went fucking banana's
the loudest pop i"ve personally ever been involved with

im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

great event