PDA

View Full Version : Retarded training partners

ufobydeath
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok, I really have to vent my frustration here so if you're not in the mood for a rant then look away.

Last monday in SW training I got paired up with a new guy for grappling. He was slightly bigger than me but then again I'm used to that. So he's designated to start out from sideposition and I quickly get him in my guard. He makes no attempt at trying to pass or break the guard but instead tries to work (of all things) a keylock (at which he fails miserably). Seeing this I pull up to rubber guard and start setting up a triangle. When he realises that I've got my foot up high he lifts me up and slams me on my head! I try to tell him not to do that but before I can recover from the blow and open my mouth he slams me again! At this point I'm out of it completely and seeing stars and yet I feel a huge bump AGAIN! From my estimate, being completely fucked up after the second slam which got me square in the back of my head, he slammed me about five times. Our trainer came over and told him to stop immediatly and I kicked him away and told him to never pull that shit again if he wants anyone to train with him. He just gave me a blank stare with a half-open mouth but I hoped that I'd gotten through to him.

Now...

Yesterday we were teamed up yet again and I didn't think there were going to be any problems. He started standing and I started on my back. First thing he does is just dive into a triangle and as I start to tighten it... he fucking picks me up and slams me AGAIN! This time he only managed two slams before getting a palm strike on the nose. I asked him what the fuck was wrong with him and got the same blank stare and the same half-open mouth (with the tounge hanging out no less). It didn't get better when I started standing and he kept going even after our trainer called "time" prompting a slap over the head from me when he went for a choke when I held up my hand to say "good fight"!
I told the trainer all about it afterwards when he overheard me telling two of my buddies and he said he was going to talk to the guy so I'm hoping for the best next time... still, this is the only guy I've ever wanted to beat the shit out of in the gym!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Noob
10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
That guy sounds like a gem.

I've had my share. I've had guys who would chronically go for your eyes to pull your head up for a cross-face, guys who pull fingers off to break grips, just generally go 100 mph, and even one guy who was a spaz and would freak out and flail around when he got frustrated. He would end up elbowing you in the head and face. I didn't handle that too well.

So yeah, I can relate. I think they all exist, in every gym in the world. Some genetic flaw or something.

Metalhead
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I do traditiona ju jitsu and this one guy doesn't get that wrist locks and finger locks fucking hurt. This one technique really bloody hurts but if you do it slowly and controlled you have no problems. This guy, in his first class, cranked it on, and i've had wrist problems since then. That was about 8 months ago. I finally got a cortizon injection and it feels better now.

A month or 2 ago we were doing stand up sparing stuff and he was trying to choked me with my gi. Ok cool, good job, but as I try to get out of it, I turn to the side as it woulda got me out of the choke. What does he do, pick me up and slam me to the ground on the top of my head. The worst thing is he held onto the gi choke. I punched him in the face and told him to get off. I think he felt bad but fuck, what was he doing?

This guy really has no control even after 8 months.

Jellypig
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I would have punched the guy in the mouth just for sitting there with that blank stare.

ufobydeath
10-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I would have punched the guy in the mouth just for sitting there with that blank stare.

Yeah, I was sorely tempted to do that...

I do traditiona ju jitsu and this one guy doesn't get that wrist locks and finger locks fucking hurt. This one technique really bloody hurts but if you do it slowly and controlled you have no problems. This guy, in his first class, cranked it on, and i've had wrist problems since then. That was about 8 months ago. I finally got a cortizon injection and it feels better now.

A month or 2 ago we were doing stand up sparing stuff and he was trying to choked me with my gi. Ok cool, good job, but as I try to get out of it, I turn to the side as it woulda got me out of the choke. What does he do, pick me up and slam me to the ground on the top of my head. The worst thing is he held onto the gi choke. I punched him in the face and told him to get off. I think he felt bad but fuck, what was he doing?

This guy really has no control even after 8 months.

You should really tell your sensei about this... people who can't control themself are a serious risk to their trainingpartners (and themselves if they mess with the wrong guys) and the teachers will have to sort them out; either they get a fucking grip or go train somewhere else!

methodjg
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Punching a guy in the face during class might be a little overwhelming, plus your instructor might get mad. If they go to slam you you have to grab on to their legs, especially if you have the triangle in.

Obviously some people are retarded and just do not have a clue. If that is the case just choke them unconscious or something. When they ask why you did not let go just say you did not tap. They will not remember since they just went unconscious.

ufobydeath
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Punching a guy in the face during class might be a little overwhelming, plus your instructor might get mad. If they go to slam you you have to grab on to their legs, especially if you have the triangle in.

Yeah I know... I just wasn't prepared for shit like that (especially the second time!). Now I know for sure that he's a retard so he'll never slam me again, I'm making sure of that.

And to be perfectly honest, the only reason that I didn't kick his ass over it the second time was that I wanted some leverage if push came to shove. Hell, the last thing I need is for him to start blaming me for punching him and thus diffusing the shit he's been pulling for two weeks!

kaiz77
10-24-2007, 12:03 AM
wow.....lotta retards out there...lool

I used to train with a guy that during grappling ALWAYS seemed to grab just one or two fingers and try to rip them off...usually just grasping for anything he could get ahold of.......that shit hurts......confronted him about it......Oh my bad...you can do that??........20 minutes later....same thing....

another person I used to train with was the definition of spaz....he was gassed after 30 seconds but Jesus... the kid was on speed.......one day I did an arm drag from guard and bypassed his arm to start working for his back......he just twisted his torso back into me at 120 MPH with both elbows flared up........smack.......and the sensation of a cool trickle down my left eyebrow......"You hyper bastard"!!!.......

needless to say....havent rolled with him sense...lol

SumsNews
10-24-2007, 06:20 AM
If they go to slam you you have to grab on to their legs, especially if you have the triangle in.
Was gonna mention that. If you do a triangle without locking the shoulder in it's harder for them to slam, and adding the leg with make it nearly impossible.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2v7GFAI_2k

Ubermensch
10-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Wow your instructor is nice we usually didn't have big problems with Idiots not loosening up when you Tap, Pulling Hard ankle locks etc etc. Why Because Micheal or Scooter would whoop the crap out of them for mere principal of not having any fighter respect. Even at Fairtex the would take the guy and use him for Clinch training. I don't know why you trainer is letting this go. We never put up with it even if your new. I am hopping that is what Matt Hughes does to some guy in the next TUF even though I haven't really been keeping up with it

Ramma
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I get em in Muay Thai, I get em in MMA, and I got them in TKD. But, I have only gotten 1 in BJJ so far.

We were just going over securing positions, transitions, etc. Basically, no subs. One person was going for positions while the other was just defending (defender was supposed to go at about 70%)..

So I am defending, pushing the guy off balance, keeping him in my guard, trying to sweep him.. doing what I am supposed to be doing. This guy is going for keylocks, RNCs, etc.

Finally I said, you know we are going over positions right? And he said, yeah... and I responded, then why do you keep putting me in submissions.. sorry he says.... within 1 minute of telling him that, I feel him going for kimura from side control and I got angry and... what are you doing? and he looked at me like I had two heads.. time was called and I haven't worked with him since. It was annoying because we were supposed to just keep moving at a fast pace and he kept stopping to secure the position and apply a submission. He was a moment away from getting fucking bicycle kicked. The worst part is that this guy wasn't brand new either, I am one of the new guys at the camp.

What I can't figure out is how people got that stupid.. you tell them something and it is in one ear and out the other.

ufobydeath
10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Was gonna mention that. If you do a triangle without locking the shoulder in it's harder for them to slam, and adding the leg with make it nearly impossible.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2v7GFAI_2k

Nice vid, I'll keep that in mind tomorrow at BJJ!

Wow your instructor is nice we usually didn't have big problems with Idiots not loosening up when you Tap, Pulling Hard ankle locks etc etc. Why Because Micheal or Scooter would whoop the crap out of them for mere principal of not having any fighter respect. Even at Fairtex the would take the guy and use him for Clinch training. I don't know why you trainer is letting this go. We never put up with it even if your new. I am hopping that is what Matt Hughes does to some guy in the next TUF even though I haven't really been keeping up with it

Yeah, if it was me I'd've kicked his ass the first time and if he didn't learn he'd be out. Don't know why he's being so diplomatic as people like that are a hazard to the other guys... still, I hope it gets resolved but I'm sure as hell not training with that guy again!

Brandon
10-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Once we were doing a combo + shoot in the cage with about 8 people doing the drill. It was supossed to be a light and technical session but one group was going at it 100%.

Then when I was holding the mitts for my partner the two of them come crashing down on the side of my knee at the tail end of a double-leg.

I'm still feeling the effects of it.

Another time I witnessed a sparring session in which one guy went in for a shoot and his partner gave him a full blown knee. Then the guy that got knee'd proceded to take him down and make him pay for it.

ozzy2525
10-24-2007, 11:24 PM
If someone pulled that on me I dont care who it is im sinking in that choke as tight as I can and putting them to sleep. That or Ill start swinging

Araevin
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
too many retards have seen the Rampage slam on Arona and think that is how u escape a triangle...i havnt had that problem, but i always go over proper rules to rolling with anybody who is new to the gym...