PDA

View Full Version : Dana White's salary

methodjg
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Does anyone ever wonder how much Dana makes a year and how much the Fertitas are pocketing. I read the latest interview with Ken Shamrock and he too complained about how much money they are putting in their pocket.

Although this is America and business owners tend to pocket as much money as they can, would it be reasonable to tell Dana the Fertitas they don't need as much money and to give some of that back to the fighters.

I mean the Fertitas are among the 400 richest men in America. Do they really need any more money?

It'd be interesting to find out exactly how much they pocket.

Submissionist
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I think he owns 10% of UFC.. other than I have no idea how much he makes and probably never find out.

rafesparza
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
We're probably years away from ever finding that out. Best we'll ever get is someone estimating his worth in a year or two I think.

I've been trying to find that information out forever.

I'm trying to get my master's degree with a decosntruction of the UFC Business communication... and thank god I'm not looking at it like a Business major, or else I would die.

If anyone would ever happen to find this out... It'd be great to if you could forward it.

bega
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
I think he has a fixed salary plus he gets portion of the profits ( since he owns 10% of the company ).

He also might get a Xmas bonus based on how good the year was.

norremo
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Ken's interview was not good as he is way to bitter... and that the UFC makes BILLIONs of dollars is completely false.

His nick name should be changed from "the worlds most dangerous man" to "Dr. Evil"

Tick
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I read the latest interview with Ken Shamrock and he too complained about how much money they are putting in their pocket.

How would Ken Shamrock no how much money they are putting in there pockets? I would find it really hard to believe that he has sat in on budget and business meetings. I am more interested in knowing how much they spend a year on Advertising... Have they started showing positive numbers in the European market yet? How much in medical Coverage do they spend each year? What percentage of the PPV sales does PPV actually take? What percentage of the gate sales does the arena they hold the events in take? What Percentage do they make off of concessions, clothing etc...? How much do they spend on air fare / hotel costs for every event? How much does that cutman (is he nicknamed "Stitch"?) get paid? The ring girls? Rogan and Goldie?

There are just far to many elements that are in the unknown to really know that Dana White and the Feretta's are making a ton of money.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure they are doing well and not hurting for money at all, it just probable isn't as much as everyone seems to think they are making.

BJJ Boy
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I heard some one say he makes 22million profit from each ufc.

Platinum
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Whatever amount the Fertittas and Dana pocket is up to them. They are running a private company, and have no reporting obligations.

Noboby is forcing the fighters to sign these contracts, so if they feel they are being shorted, it's their own fault.
As more and more organizations start up (M-1, IFL, etc.), fighters will be in a better negotiating position and will start signing bigger and better contracts.
But as for all the Dana bashing - his job is to run UFC and make it as profitable as possible.

Misfits138
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I read the latest interview with Ken Shamrock and he too complained about how much money they are putting in their pocket.

Ken Shamrock once said "I'm going to beat you within living death", indicating that he is capable of transforming people into zombies. It looks like the "World's Most Dangerous Man" is also a necromancer. I'm not sure, however, how much he understands about business.

Punk Ass
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
If the fighters are making no where near the revenue after events, you can take a wild guess.

for Dana, maayde 20-50 mill a pop. Very sad also since he's not the one getting his ass kicked.

Bob Arum does have a point there.

Gurry
10-24-2007, 02:23 AM
well look at it like this, dana makes his yearly salary, which i assume is pretty nice aswell as the 10% owners +++ on top of that so ballpark it how u want, it duznt matter, hes one rich mofo

CEVANS
10-25-2007, 04:59 PM
all i know is it's more then i make