PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestions

BJJ Boy
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey guys, ive been on tons of forums, here are some forum suggestions.

Add a Video Section
were we could share our videos

Add a Graphics section were we could show off or request sigs/avys

Get rid of the politics and religion section, it only makes people fight, plus they could just post it in the off topic section

Combine the Kickboxing and boxing section.

Theirs are just some suggestions, i hope no one gets mad, just trying to help.

Noob
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, ive been on tons of forums, here are some forum suggestions.

Add a Video Section
were we could share our videos

Add a Graphics section were we could show off or request sigs/avys

Get rid of the politics and religion section, it only makes people fight, plus they could just post it in the off topic section

Combine the Kickboxing and boxing section.

Theirs are just some suggestions, i hope no one gets mad, just trying to help.

Please pay attention. Read these threads:

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=17021
http://forums.mmanews.com/announcement.php?f=3
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=17087

Read them all the way through.

People use the Political section. It gets leeway, and those that don't want/like it are advised to not go in there. It is expected that what happens in there stays in there. If it doesn't, it is punished.

The Kickboxing and Boxing sections will stay separate. There have been discussions about combining them, but they are fine separately. There is not a lot of fan-crossover, and each section is very independent.

Those are my answers as a mod. As a poster, you are still new. And you have a lot of recommendations for this site. You have only been here a week. Maybe slow down a bit on trying to spruce up a site that you have not yet had the time to contribute to.

Once you have been here a while, and have made contributions, your suggestions will carry more weight. Until then, as a mild suggestion, just enjoy the site as it is. You can offer ideas for changes in time, but for the moment it is best that you enjoy the site and become a regular before trying to change it.

BJJ Boy
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Please pay attention. Read these threads:

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=17021
http://forums.mmanews.com/announcement.php?f=3
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=17087

Read them all the way through.

People use the Political section. It gets leeway, and those that don't want/like it are advised to not go in there. It is expected that what happens in there stays in there. If it doesn't, it is punished.

The Kickboxing and Boxing sections will stay separate. There have been discussions about combining them, but they are fine separately. There is not a lot of fan-crossover, and each section is very independent.

Those are my answers as a mod. As a poster, you are still new. And you have a lot of recommendations for this site. You have only been here a week. Maybe slow down a bit on trying to spruce up a site that you have not yet had the time to contribute to.

Once you have been here a while, and have made contributions, your suggestions will carry more weight. Until then, as a mild suggestion, just enjoy the site as it is. You can offer ideas for changes in time, but for the moment it is best that you enjoy the site and become a regular before trying to change it.

Okay, sorry. I thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to always get suggestions, thats the way to improve! But if you think as a new member i should just quiet down i will.

Again, im sorry.

Clint
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
lol it's not a problem they are just mostly suggestions that either are already in place or have been previously discussed.

BJJ Boy
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
lol it's not a problem they are just mostly suggestions that either are already in place or have been previously discussed.

Yeah, it was my fault, i should have looked around more to see if it has been discussed.

But i still strongly think we should add a video section, i think every forum could use one.

Noob
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Okay, sorry. I thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to always get suggestions, thats the way to improve! But if you think as a new member i should just quiet down i will.

Again, im sorry.

It's all good. No wories. Just put your time in, let people get to know you, then things will come along naturally. Just like anywhere else.

We're okay, not a big deal. Better to try it, and have someone let you know. Not everyone has the benefit of being told some of the unwritten rules, and life is definitely harder that way.

All forums are different. You'll get used to this one in time, I have no doubt.

BJJ Boy
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Alrighty then, could one of you delete this thread then? Thanks, to much confusion roming the air. :D

valheruking
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Yea thats the main thing really, they have come up before, some of them have been discussed in the past few days actually, oh and there is a pic/vid section, you just need 75 rep to get in.

markzabin
10-29-2007, 05:50 AM
I love it when Noob gives some good ole fashioned tough love, anyway I didn't think that this deserved it's own topic so here it goes, drum rolllll, How about making the optional 5 star rating system the standard? That way browsers can see whats hot and what is not and kinda make better use of their time here, not that time here could be considered a waste.

Maybe a poster of the month or something to? Just to say thanks to that generous fellow

lisanter
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
stop posting them unless you see some inapropriate pictures like a huge woman bouncing on top of a man or a crazy black man in some custom outfit.

it needs a cleaning.

2mcgrath
01-02-2008, 02:48 AM
stop posting them unless you see some inapropriate pictures like a huge woman bouncing on top of a man or a crazy black man in some custom outfit.

it needs a cleaning.

ive got a feeling you've been here before

Clint
01-02-2008, 07:51 AM

it needs a cleaning.

Maybe since this is the suggestions forum, people should continue to post suggestions since that is the point.:headscratch:

Steel
01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
He's got a point..someone here has an av that shows some large woman bouncing atop some poor bastard with things moving, shaking...eecch.