PDA

View Full Version : bubba "ultiame grappling dummy"

Brandon
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
What does everybody think of this? I'm looking into getting one but I don't know how versitale it is.

http://www.iisports.com/product.asp?s=iispaintball&pf_id=PM1003A&dept_id=2303

Clint
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Damn it's a bit fucking pricey. I would personally think that you would get much more in terms of improving skills just by rolling with a partner more often.

BJJ Boy
10-25-2007, 10:08 PM
500 BUCKS?!!?!?

Are they crazy??

Well, besides the money..

its truly amazing.
To bad it only weighs 80 pounds though, but they can customize.

If i could see one at the stores for 50bucks id buy it. But it aint gonna happend :D

Brandon
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I certainetly don't have $500 to spend on a grappling dummy, or anything else. But I do have to paint the total interior of a house here in a little while and that should cover it.

Plus I like how I would be able to work throws and drill submissions as long as I want to.

Noob
10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I would just say to get a heavy bag/throwing bag and just buy a 'Floor Bag' workout DVD. Basically a workout designed around the same movements that you would find in wrestling/grappling.

You will spend less than half the money, and get more out of it. Don't waste your money on something so overpriced.

Punk Ass
10-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Grappling dummys don't sweep you, people do, and their cheaper.

southsider
10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
:O $500??
Why does it say Weight ~55 lbs at the bottom? It's 80 lbs filled?

Brandon
10-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I would just say to get a heavy bag/throwing bag and just buy a 'Floor Bag' workout DVD. Basically a workout designed around the same movements that you would find in wrestling/grappling.

You will spend less than half the money, and get more out of it. Don't waste your money on something so overpriced.

I was thinking mainly about the technique training that it would allow me to do. But I do like the idea of the throwing bag. Is that the heavy bag that's an hourglass shape?

Noob
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I was thinking mainly about the technique training that it would allow me to do. But I do like the idea of the throwing bag. Is that the heavy bag that's an hourglass shape?

Yeah. They're a lot cheaper than the 'Grappling Dummies.' There are also some instructional tapes that design workouts around them, specifically for grappling/MMA purposes so that you can drill certain techniques.

I'd recommend that over the Dummy. You'd likely get more out of it, and end up spending less money even after purchasing the tapes.

Brandon
10-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah. They're a lot cheaper than the 'Grappling Dummies.' There are also some instructional tapes that design workouts around them, specifically for grappling/MMA purposes so that you can drill certain techniques.

I'd recommend that over the Dummy. You'd likely get more out of it, and end up spending less money even after purchasing the tapes.

Thats a good point, but I really like the idea of being able to use the gi for throws and submissions. It's a lot more realistic.

Has anybody watched the video on that page?

southsider
10-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Thats a good point, but I really like the idea of being able to use the gi for throws and submissions. It's a lot more realistic.

You should invest the money in a good gym!

Brandon
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM
You should invest the money in a good gym!

I probably should have mentioned this earlier but I already go to two gyms. One's an mma gym and the other is straight bjj.