PDA

View Full Version : Fedor v Snowman!!

TN94z
10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I looked around and didn't see anything about this in in either forum. What do you guys think about this matchup?? Here is Monson's response to the rumors:

The "Snowman" Jeff Monson (Pictures), full of praise during in an interview with Roguemag.com, cited the "very good possibility of fighting the Russian" and also said he is "in the process of working through things with M-1."

I got this from Sherdog so don't flame me.

eazye76
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I've heard the Fedor/Monson talk a lot, and it probably will happen sometime now that Fedor is w/ M1. My only question is - "how is Monson going to win?". I really don't see him holding Fedor down and GnP'ing him, and his arms arn't long enough to out strike him in my opinion.

That's not a rhetorical question, I may be wrong. Does anyone have any ideas about a Monson gameplan that would work in that fight?:headscratch:

MasterShake
10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I've heard the Fedor/Monson talk a lot, and it probably will happen sometime now that Fedor is w/ M1. My only question is - "how is Monson going to win?". I really don't see him holding Fedor down and GnP'ing him, and his arms arn't long enough to out strike him in my opinion.

That's not a rhetorical question, I may be wrong. Does anyone have any ideas about a Monson gameplan that would work in that fight?:headscratch:

His only hope would be to ground and pund your totally right, Monson is not even close to be the caliber fighter Fedor is on Fedor's worst day. Monson is strong but all you ever hear is how strong Fedor is, I mean come on look at the powerful people he has faught in the past he was just as strong if not stronger, the only guy to really slam him was Randelman, and we have all seen how that fight turned out.

TN94z
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
That is what I was thinking. I mean Monson couldn't get by Sylvia and Sylvia is no where near Fedor. I don't know if a gameplan that would win it for him. Taking him down is the only thing he can do. He just has to hope that Fedor makes a mistake and leaves a limb out so Monson can grab on and pull a submission off.

MasterShake
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
That is what I was thinking. I mean Monson couldn't get by Sylvia and Sylvia is no where near Fedor. I don't know if a gameplan that would win it for him. Taking him down is the only thing he can do. He just has to hope that Fedor makes a mistake and leaves a limb out so Monson can grab on and pull a submission off.

I do agree but if Monson tried to submit Fedor he would probably tap himself thats how good Fedor is. I think he is even better on the ground then Monson.

TN94z
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Really? I thought Monson would have the BJJ edge....I know Fedor would have the size and strength.

MasterShake
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Really? I thought Monson would have the BJJ edge....I know Fedor would have the size and strength.

Totally your 100% correct he does have better BJJ, but I think Feodr's Sambo is just as good if not better then Monson's BJJ, if you look at Fedor's record probably atleast 85% of his wins are buy submission.

TN94z
10-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Totally your 100% correct he does have better BJJ, but I think Feodr's Sambo is just as good if not better then Monson's BJJ, if you look at Fedor's record probably atleast 85% of his wins are buy submission.

That is true.

southsider
10-27-2007, 12:20 AM
I see it like this Fedor>Sylvia>Monson
I'd still want to see the fight though

kingrobert
10-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Fedor needs to fight Barnett. Thats the fight I want to see. Sorry Monson Tim destroyed you and Fedor is way better then Tim.

Brandon
10-30-2007, 07:22 AM

I believe this is do to the fact that his transitions are rediciously smooth. He will go from strikes to take down and then GnP to submission. All in one fluid motion.

MasterShake
10-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I believe this is do to the fact that his transitions are rediciously smooth. He will go from strikes to take down and then GnP to submission. All in one fluid motion.

Oh yah man his transitions are freakish, plus his ability to be an emotionless robot when he is out there destroying people, he reminds me of a real life Ivan Drago from Rocky, with out the ripped body of course, which I think makes it better because you don't see it coming.

TN94z
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh yah man his transitions are freakish, plus his ability to be an emotionless robot when he is out there destroying people, he reminds me of a real life Ivan Drago from Rocky, with out the ripped body of course, which I think makes it better because you don't see it coming.

Emotionless is very true!!! The guy's facial expression never changes it seems. And he looks like the most calm person I have ever seen when they are fighting.