PDA

View Full Version : English 101

Ramma
10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Which side are you on after the dueling press conferences?

Dana White/UFC's

Randy Couture's

There Is No Sides

I Don't Care, I Just Want To See Fights

votes: 94

There is no sides? Come on guys :) There ARE no sides :grinsmile26:

Sorry, being that English is one of my double majors.. I could not resist. Truth is, I just think it looks bad to have typos or grammatical errors on the main page, so I am making you guys aware of it.

Clint
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM
lol

Unreal
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM
what is yous talking about men i not see any erors in ther

Noob
10-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm with you Ramma. Things like that bother me too. I just usually don't say anything because people don't take it well when you call them out.

But I support your grammatically-anal behavior.

BJJ Boy
10-28-2007, 11:25 PM
omg y u kares dat mcuh

Haha just kidding.

2mcgrath
10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
as long as i can make out the post,i dont care if they miss type it here and there.i dont spell stuff right sometimes,but as long as people understand me i dont care.

neonatural45
10-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Who wrote that? I don't like when people give warchief crap about grammar, but if English is your first Language then that is dumb

Dork8503
10-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't give usually anyone shit about their typing because I do not really care about mine. I make mistakes specially when I am in a hurry.

But this is a web forum not a English class, so must also remember that.

As long as the spelling 99% correct and it is not all jammed together, i could really care less how their grammar is.

Also it bothers me when people become anal about it, because again this is not a English class my typing does not have to be perfect. There are no rules regarding you English an grammar must be good to come type here.

Sure if your a complete retard and make no sense then sure stay off. But if you can read what people type an its not all jammed together let it go.

Boo
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Isn't Ramma talking about something on the mmanews main page? It's one thing to make mistakes in a forum post, but on the news site it looks unprofessional.

Noob
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Isn't Ramma talking about something on the mmanews main page? It's one thing to make mistakes in a forum post, but on the news site it looks unprofessional.

None of the mods, with the exception of maybe Boone have any control over the main site. Just not much we can do about it unfortunately.

Warchief
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Who wrote that? I don't like when people give warchief crap about grammar,
Im still learning how to speak english my man, im not an english person and im not feel shy for admitting that b/c that is the truth....you know what i think this forum helps me a bit to learn more, the only thing that i don't like sometimes is...other ppl here are just taking thier advantage againts my grammar, just to win the arguments...well atleast im the only non english speaking guy, who have more than 2000 reputation points. :rtrp:

P.S. What more if i am 100% fluent in english? imagine that.

And i would shoot anyone whoever insults my grammar.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/warchief2007/cat_sniper1.jpg

Noob
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
well atleast im the only non english speaking guy, who have more than 2000 reputation points. :rtrp:

P.S. What more if i am 100% fluent in english? imagine that.

Damn straight. You're like an institution Warchief, don't let any grammar-nazis get to you.

Ramma
10-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Yeah, that is more what I was talking about.. who cares about grammar in the forums (and typos).. that doesn't matter lol.

P.S. Warchief, your English is great and you shouldn't be shy about it. You write better than some of the English as a first language forum members :thumbsup:

thumper
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I sure as hell can't speak about typos since I'm probably the worst one here.

I don't think I make as many spelling mistakes as I do typos but they're about the same in the annoyance factor. I don't pay attention to my spelling or typos, I usually type dind't instead of didn't but I never bother to correct it. :)

And I feel sorry for anyone trying to learn English as a second language. It can't be easy.

Noob
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
P.S. Warchief, your English is great and you shouldn't be shy about it. You write better than some of the English as a first language forum members :thumbsup:

:werd:

Boo
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
The thing that gets me is when people just type, they don't use punctuation or capitalization. And they type like 1500 words and it's just one big block.

Hit enter a few times every couple of sentences for god sake.

But it doesn't matter, anyone that this thread would help, won't look at it.

Also, spell check works wonders.lol
But it hurts Sundance, it hurts and it takes so long. How do you expect me to get my post count up if I spend all my time making my posts readable.

Geeesh, some people.

Noob
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
The thing that gets me is when people just type, they don't use punctuation or capitalization. And they type like 1500 words and it's just one big block.

Oh man, the Giant Block Syndrome. I just won't even bother to read those.

If you can't be botherd to hit enter once or twice in a 2,000 word essay, then I can't be bothered to read your post.

thumper
10-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I hate that, but I don't even try to read them when people do that. I figure anyone that doesn't have enough sense to form a paragraph likely doesn't have a thing to say that I care about :)

BUT. when people do the u r going 2 the store n e way I want to punch them so hard in the adam's apple their esophogus collapses and they die.

Not that it's a big deal or anything

2mcgrath
10-30-2007, 03:49 AM
damn i cant beleive you guys would take shots at me,atleast do it where i cant see it lol

Ramma
10-30-2007, 03:54 AM

But it doesn't matter, anyone that this thread would help, won't look at it.

Also, spell check works wonders.lol

Oh, I totally know what you mean.... I can't stand that.. One huge block of text.. I just don't read it... If you have 20 lines with no skipped lines, you can forget me reading your post.. lol

Ramma
10-31-2007, 04:28 AM
lol, I guess Boone corrected the poll. He even put the correction in bold.

:thumbsup:

Dork8503
10-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Oh, I totally know what you mean.... I can't stand that.. One huge block of text.. I just don't read it... If you have 20 lines with no skipped lines, you can forget me reading your post.. lol

Same here specially with a day where i have been reading shit all fucking day long an my eyes hurt.