PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Scoring: Big Deal or Not?

Severn
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok I've heard a lot of talk about the Patriots running up the score and not being professional and all that. On radio or ESPN guys are back and forth on it.

So I ask you is the criticism the Pats are getting justified or are the critics being a bunch of Nancies about it?

Personally I think that the Patriots can do whatever they want. The game is four quarters, three hours long. There's plenty of time for the opposing team to stop them. If they don't then tough shit.

Severn
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok I've heard a lot of talk about the Patriots running up the score and not being professional and all that. On radio or ESPN guys are back and forth on it.

So I ask you is the criticism the Pats are getting justified or are the critics being a bunch of Nancies about it?

Personally I think that the Patriots can do whatever they want. The game is four quarters, three hours long. There's plenty of time for the opposing team to stop them. If they don't then tough shit. I think the critics are making a big deal out of nothing.

jesusatemyhotdog
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
If you are that fucking good, you have to make it known. If you show no mercy now, you won't show any in the playoffs. Make all of the teams scared shitless to play against you.

I still say the Colts win next week though.

Dork8503
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Why should the Pats take a easy on anyone. Why shouldn't the score. The whole point of NFL is to show what team is the best and the Patriots are showing who the fuck they are. You have to make the other team fear you and thats what they are doing.

Maybe i miss understood what your post was about, are the bitching because they are scoring alot of points, because if thats the case then they can all go fuck them selfs. Thats what the game is about to score points an beat the other team. You take it easy on them they will beat you. You show no fucking mercy lol.

what the hell are they suppose to do, score 38 points an just stop playing. If they score 60 points in a game they should be proud, if they score 60 points an the other team only has 3, they should be really fucking proud.

I also think the Colts will beat them. I really don't care because i like the Colts and Pats just the colts more. They will play each other in the play offs again anyway.

Legend
10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
If you don't want the pats to drop 50 plus points on you then stop them. If you can't stop them from doing it then you should be pissed at yourself.

SgtFrenchy
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Why should you stop because your "beating them too badly". If you can do it, then do it. It sounds kind of dumb, "hey we're kicking their ass right now so lets slow up a little". If i'm the skins i'd say to myself, if I don't want to get embarresed then we'd better do something about it. They did it to themselves, kind of.

Dork8503
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
If you don't want the pats to drop 50 plus points on you then stop them. If you can't stop them from doing it then you should be pissed at yourself.

exactly.

i guess they just want the pats to score 38 points then walk off the feild an wait for the other team to catch up

Noise Chopped
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
I swear, I just don't get it. People who have a problem with running up a score just don't have any backbone, hah. I mean...I guess I could see this with young kids, in college or something. But these are the pro's.

Nope, I've no problem with the Patriots dominating the way they have. I actually think it's cool.

boaz33
10-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah they were running up the score but they have every right to do that, tell the Redskins to play some damn defense.

Dork8503
10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
If the pats were not scoring much they would give them shit about that too.

Brutus
10-31-2007, 12:21 AM
the pats weren't running up the score. look at last week. they took brady out and put him back in after the score was cut to 14 points. bill bellicheck(sp) is a good coach who knows what he's doing. the washington offense is very potent and i dotn think he wanted to have to worry like he did last week. no way they run up a score, they had a reason to keep scoring, brady is worth too much to keep in for no reason.

Dork8503
10-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Agreed dork, they would be criticized either way.

yup either their playing like shit, or their playing to good.

Which is it guys, do you want them to win or lose.

Can they get a break.

Maniac
10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Exactly! Or, Blitz EVERY single guy you have and let it be known that......if you want to keep scoring then we WILL put Brady on his back (Is it worth it to you) whether you score or not! If that is known, I bet they rush more than they pass. But like Sundance said,"It's the NFL", score until the clock reads :00.

jamesg2323
10-31-2007, 02:13 PM
The Pats are being too mean. They need to go easy on the other team.

In MMA terms:

Think about it....when couture fought timmy he had obviously won the fight after the 3rd round, he should have just gone easy on big tim and let him win the last couple rounds to be fair. 50-45 on the judges score cards is overkill. 48-47 is all randy needed for a victory and that is what he should have tried to get. I think tim felt bad after losing every round.

(sarcasam)

kalebarker
11-26-2007, 03:03 AM
If the Pats were being cocky pricks and rubbing it in the other teams faces that would be unprofessional but they're not. There's nothing with running up the scoring. Brady is pace to shatter the TD record and, even though I hate him, he deserves it. For him to not get it because he took it easy on the teams he destroyed would be bullshit.

CEVANS
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
sorry old topic here but i must say going for it on 4th and 2 in side the 20 when you are up by 30 plus points when you could kick a 3 pointer is disrespecting the other team...i know i know you play to win right.....so just i don;t want to hear any shit when i send every d player to hit brady to take him out of the game...if it's late oh sorry i'm trying to win the game..and hitting and hurting brady will help you win the game. it's aLL About the win.

p.s i hate the pats and brady.

Punk Ass
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
sorry old topic here but i must say going for it on 4th and 2 in side the 20 when you are up by 30 plus points when you could kick a 3 pointer is disrespecting the other team...i know i know you play to win right.....so just i don;t want to hear any shit when i send every d player to hit brady to take him out of the game...if it's late oh sorry i'm trying to win the game..and hitting and hurting brady will help you win the game. it's aLL About the win.

p.s i hate the pats and brady.I hate the Pats too, but come on.

There are 2 elements for every team in every sport:

1. Win the game

2. entertain the crowd while your doing it.

Nobody wants to see field goals! People want to see their team obliterate opponents! They want to see death defying catches, long bomb passes, and break away runs for TDs!

Who gives a shit what the other team or commentators, think! People want to see action.:rtrp:

CEVANS
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I hate the Pats too, but come on.

There are 2 elements for every team in every sport:

1. Win the game

2. entertain the crowd while your doing it.

Nobody wants to see field goals! People want to see their team obliterate opponents! They want to see death defying catches, long bomb passes, and break away runs for TDs!

Who gives a shit what the other team or commentators, think! People want to see action.:rtrp:
true and i bet the fans of the teams that the pats run the score up on would love to see a big hit on brady

Salvy_Mic
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Brady got hit a hell of a lot the last 2 games against the Eagles and Ravens...but he kept getting back up like its nothing. Say what you will about him, but he really is an extremely tough motherfucker who plays to win. The Patriots really need a straight-ahead back though to go right at defenses. Maroney's good, but he's a mover and shifter. Sammy Morris's injury is looking really significant these days because the Patriots are having a hard time running the ball unless its on the draw play. That is the major reason the Patriots have become so pass-happy, and it's becoming the other teams' game plan. If they can stop the run, they can blitz and try to lay the big hits on Brady before any of his receivers can get open.

And for the record, all those dropped balls nearly killed the Patriots yesterday. There were two passes that Moss and Watson dropped in the endzone that would have put the game out of reach by the 4th.