PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Undefeated

kickass32
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Who will win the big Battle of the undefeated this weekend, New England or the Colts???
I hope The Colts do, cause I fucking hate the Patriots...but my head says New England.

billwilliams70
10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I think the Patriots are too good. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the Colts are garbage. But the Pats have too many offensive weapons and a better defense.

Later.

eazye76
10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
The Patriots will win the game. They are a better team with better players all around, and a much better coach(ask Tampa Fans about Dungy). The NE defense is elite and they play as a unit as opposed to the colts D where the highest paid player blindly runs in the general direction of the QB and ignores the the RB. Plus let's not forget the fact that the Colts D is 100% dependent on Bob Sanders being on the field to stop the run. The pats have one of(if not the best) D-lines in the NFL, and LB's that are nasty against the run.
My best arguement against the Colts winning is this - Who the fuck is going to cover Ben Watson?
My second best argument is the fact that the Pats have a great O-line and Peyton Manning seems to blame everything on his line.
My third best arguement is this - Belichick vs The Cover Two. Nuff said.

There you have it - Three good reasons the Pats will win, and I didn't even mention Brady, Moss, or the running game.

Sig/AV bet anyone? Any TTR members want some action? With or without the spread!!!

Mac
10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I wish there was a third option for niether. I hate both teams and wish they could both lose. Like maybe the Patriots win the game but get caught cheating again and turn it into a loss that way both teams are losers.

DOCTOR
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm picking the defending SB champs, at home. The Colts are a "sneaky" team. I hardly hear anything about them, and they're 7-0. They're kinda growing on me too. Payton seems pretty cool and Harrison is always a class act.

jesusatemyhotdog
11-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Colts.

Salvy_Mic
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Going with the Patriots here. Bear in mind I'm a bit biased here, as I've liked the Patriots since Bill Parcells was the head coach and they went to the Super Bowl back in the day when they had Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, Ben Coates, Curtis Martin, Chris Slade, and much younger versions of Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy. The Colts have just always annoyed me for some reason. No one gave a shit about the Colts until they're offense began playing pretty like the Rams back in the day and to me, they're the real bandwagon team. I doubt anyone from outside the state of Indiana has been a Colts fan since before 2000.

But on the real, too much has been made out of the Colts supposedly playing the stronger schedule, but bear in mind that the teams they've played have not had anywhere near the same offense that they'll face in the Patriots, whose O has outscored two proven powerhouse offenses in San Diego and Dallas, and whose D has shut down virtually everyone they've played. There's 3 guys on the Indy D worth a damn, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, and Robert Mathis, and that's not enough to contain the Pats O. On the other hand, the Patriots D, when nearly totally healthy, have usually been able to contain the Colts O, and come Sunday, I expect they'll play well. So my pick is 38-24, Patriots.

scottsec
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Pats....i dont like the Colts..