PDA

View Full Version : Gomi in UFC

randy_S1231
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
As i watched the UFC press conference and listened to the question asked to Dana about Gomi i wondered. How many of u think that the UFC would actually sign Gomi and who do u think would be a good first opponent for him.

Personally i would like to see him fight Roger Huerta. What do you think?

southsider
10-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Nate Diaz :grinsmile1:

Bullock
10-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Gomi won't be in the UFC any time soon. He is a huge star in Japan, and they will pay him much more than Zuffa will.

Dork8503
10-31-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't really ever see Gomi in the UFC. I believe Gomi said he didn't want to travel like that or something. But Gomi in k-1 is great cuz the lw their is great.

valheruking
10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Yea Gomi will be in K-1 for sure, makes too much sense not to.

Bullock
11-01-2007, 02:14 AM
It has been decided! Gomi will never be in the UFC.

randy_S1231
11-01-2007, 02:17 AM
thats too bad, i would love to see BJ beat his ass again.

2mcgrath
11-01-2007, 02:20 AM
i would like to see him in the ufc,but i dont think we every will

deeznizzies
11-08-2007, 02:33 AM
i think him and a fight with JZ are inevitable.. they gotta meet especially if gomi goes to k1...

with all this time off though, i hope he gets 2 or 3 fights against some good comp before he fights the top 3 to 5.

and i love gomi, but i think JZ is a beast. he's even bigger than gomi i think at their size and with his good striking and BJJ i think he'd win a decision or possibly sub him later in the fight.

fuck i can't believe i just said that.

valheruking
11-08-2007, 03:58 AM
Yea im sure K-1 are looking to have that fight in the future, another big fight is Gomi vs Kid, which would actually do better ppv wise.

To build him up i think they should put him in with Tokoro, Miyata, and possibly Uno, i'd expect him to almost certainly win those, if they put him againt someone like Mamba or Dida, theres a chance he could get ko'd (Dida vs Gomi would be a great fight).

Dork8503
11-08-2007, 04:02 AM
It has been decided! Gomi will never be in the UFC.

way to break everys heart

Palma
11-08-2007, 06:07 AM
As i watched the UFC press conference and listened to the question asked to Dana about Gomi i wondered. How many of u think that the UFC would actually sign Gomi and who do u think would be a good first opponent for him.

Personally i would like to see him fight Roger Huerta. What do you think?

What did Huerta ever do to you?

AJL416AZ
11-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Gomi actually did say that he would like to travel internationally, and fight outside of japan, in his most recent interview, i think it was on Sherdog.
that was my sole hope for Gomi to show up in the UFC.

but lol at all these goddamn fools who think Gomi is no good because Nick Diaz beat him.
Gomi gassed in 3 minutes, and in that time, he danced away from all of Nick's little pitter patter. he didnt get hit for shit until after gassed, and in like 2 minutes into the first he was the first person to knock Nick Diaz down in recent memory. and later, he even shattered Diaz' orbital bone

Gomi has been ranked top 5 for over 6 years now.

people like to talk shit now, but in 2005, every bandwagon fan that disses him now thought that there were WMDs at Saitama, inside a little Japanese dude's gloves.

and Gomi would knock everyone in Hero's the fuck out in less then 2 rounds, except JZ, Dida, and possibly Shaolin.

AJL416AZ
11-08-2007, 06:39 AM
lol true that.

that would be an exciting fight for the 2-3 minutes it went on though.

valheruking
11-08-2007, 06:40 AM
but lol at all these goddamn fools who think Gomi is no good because Nick Diaz beat him.
Gomi gassed in 3 minutes, and in that time, he danced away from all of Nick's little pitter patter. he didnt get hit for shit until after gassed, and in like 2 minutes into the first he was the first person to knock Nick Diaz down in recent memory. and later, he even shattered Diaz' orbital bone

Indeed

http://www.mmahq.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/nick-diaz.jpg

deeznizzies
11-09-2007, 04:04 AM
man that's fucking gross

randy_S1231
11-09-2007, 06:57 AM

Its not that i dont like Roger Huerta but i think that it would be a good challenge for both and the winner would go on to a title shot because they would deserve it. I wouldnt want to see Gomi come in and fight a nobody because i know his skills and i would like to see a fight not a walk in the park.

AJL416AZ
11-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Huerta is the typical guy that Gomi knocks out within 5 minutes
he can wrestle, and hes in great shape. but Gomi is bigger, and probably better at wrestling
plus, Roger likes to go buckwild and brawl. this will get him knocked out.

there are things you don't do in MMA. dont just sit in Minotauro's guard. dont let Anderson or Wanderlei get the Thai clinch. and dont brawl with Gomi.

his chin and KO power are probably the best below 185, and he might be technically wild, but his striking is the best at LW.
he throws body shots, switches stance and throws combos from both sides, and his footwork is great. he just dances around guys and punishes them with his hands