PDA

View Full Version : So this is Lesnar's second choice? no wait third?

DurtyCurty
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
I cannot stand Brock Lesnar. He was a respectable college wrestler turned pro-wrestler. Although wrestling is fake. Sorry to break it to you Chico, he showed he was a great athlete. He also showed he was not the type of person who could be loyal to a company. Next he decided he would be a NFL player and that lasted about a spring training with pro talent. Now he decides he wants to do MMA and what is more UFC. Well it makes sense I mean the sport is full of successful guys who came to the UFC as an after thought right? My point? Brock is like a kid still trying to decide what he wants to be and as soon as he gets decent competition he WILL lose and quit. I underscore that with one more thing Uh UFC run many random drug tests on this guy you know where he has been.:banghead:

bobcat
11-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Brock left wrestling because he didn't like the lifestyle, which given the amount of days on the road without breaks seems fair enough. The reason for leaving the NFL is because he wasn't good enough. He was offered to be play in NFL europe but didn't want to move abroad, again fair enough. Therefore I don't think company loyally really comes into it. Personally I think Brock could (and hopefully will be) very successful in the UFC. As for steroids, he could well have used, but with no proof, I will leave judgement to testing he will get after every fight.

DurtyCurty
11-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Good points, you are knwoledgable. I only clarify that my problem with Brock leaving wrestling was the way he did it not why he left.

lostlineman
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
hi durty, i can understand your point of view from a fans point but brock had some personal things going on at that point in his life also. woman problems and a little girl that he never saw because he was always on the road. football on the other hand was just to see if he could do it, he got cut but he didnt quit. i can completely see brock doing mma he has the right mindset for it and has the work ethic to boot. i think frank mir is in for a heck of a butt whippin, but hell i've been wrong before!!:dancingsmile:

DurtyCurty
11-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Like the person before you you have a good counter point. I guess I would add, He broke Contract from WWE and then blatantly disregarded the stipulations in his contract for leaving the company. Also Wrestling in Japan as he did, did not help him see his child. And what women problems? Other than Sable? And getting cut from the Vikings is probably a good thing anyway.

chico76
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I cannot stand Brock Lesnar. He was a respectable college wrestler turned pro-wrestler. Although wrestling is fake. Sorry to break it to you Chico, he showed he was a great athlete. He also showed he was not the type of person who could be loyal to a company. Next he decided he would be a NFL player and that lasted about a spring training with pro talent. Now he decides he wants to do MMA and what is more UFC. Well it makes sense I mean the sport is full of successful guys who came to the UFC as an after thought right? My point? Brock is like a kid still trying to decide what he wants to be and as soon as he gets decent competition he WILL lose and quit. I underscore that with one more thing Uh UFC run many random drug tests on this guy you know where he has been.:banghead:
What! Wrestling is fake! All those wasted years! ...Sob*

eazye76
11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I respect anyone more when they end their association with pro-wrestling.

lostlineman
11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
point taken on the contract stuff, that was not much loyalty by brock. he broke up with his fiance. sable is not the mother of his kid. oh well people make mistakes, kinda like mir did taking this fight

Dork8503
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
People need to give Brock respect for this because he trained well over a year before taking his first fight.

He is doing this thing right, an not half assing it.

Nate_Deezy
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
What! Wrestling is fake! All those wasted years! ...Sob*

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Haha that was perfect. I don't know if he knew there was a board member named Chico.

Brutus
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

I respect the hell out of the guy personally. People seem to forget that he went into the Minnesota Vikings training camp w/out playing a down of football in College and from what i remember only played a couple years in HS. The fact of the matter is he walked into an NFL training camp w/ basically no experience and held his own w/ those guys for a while. thats nuts.

Dealing w/ Vince McMahon isnt exactly easy. Ask anyone that has ever been in the WWE. With this said, brock lesnar is not the first nor will he be the last to end their run w/ the WWE in that fashion. He could have been a bit more professional about it but who knows how McMahon was acting.

I know one thing, he wants to be a pro athlete in some sort of contact sport. Why not MMA? He was a National Champion in college on the mat and that is a great base for a good MMA fighter. Lindland, Couture, Kos, Hughes, and so on and so on. He seems to be serious about it and i hope he succeeds.

Steel
11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I think you all made some great points about Brock Lesnar and I'd like to chime in.

I was an avid professional wrestling fan up until about a year ago but that's another thread for another day. Brock was fantastic for wrestling IMHO as he brought credibility and respect that had dwindled away and from what it once had been. However, despite the fact he accomplished alot so young, his youth also gave way to the inability to properly commit to the lifestyle and contractual obligations that his job demanded. He saw dollar signs, jumped in, spent the money and couldn't take it, thus he quit. As a fan at that point, I was pissed and dissapointed.

He wanted to play football, gave it a shot and got cut. He didn't quit, he just wasn't cut out to be a a pro football player.

He has always stated that he wanted to try MMA even dating back to his pro wrestling days. As Dork said, he could have made the quick money and took a fight 2 years ago but he didn't..he trained, got into the condition he needed to get into (Looks about 100 lbs lighter now LOL) and came to the dance prepared.

I forgive his past discretions and hope he succeeds. I respect him for talking about it and then actually doing it while others like Kurt Angle talk and talk and talk and we see shit as far as action.

Brock Lesnar may very well be The Next Big Thing in MMA..or maybe he he gets owned for over confidence..or maybe starts big and drops quick..on any given day, anything can happen as we've all seen. I'm giving the guy a chance.