PDA

View Full Version : Don Shula Needs to Shut the **** up

Severn
11-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Honestly I am sick of the 1972 Dolphins. I'm sick of how they pop the cork every time the last unbeaten team goes down every year. Now I'm tired of Don Shula after his suggestion that the Pats, should they run the table get an asterisk next to their name. That annoys me. He mentions Barry Bonds and last time I checked Barry hasn't been busted for anything. You have the team of the decade threatening the '72 Dolphins and he can't handle it.

Honestly I don't get why this man is so revered. His last Super Bowl title was in 1973. He retired in 1995. That's 22 years without a championship. I don't know how he can sleep at night knowing that Dan Marino doesn't have a Super Bowl ring. Yet for some reason he's revered. He wasn't even the best coach of his time.

ARRRRRG! :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

LINK -
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3097057&type=story

Shula: Spygate would diminish a perfect Pats season
ESPN.com news services

Don Shula likes the Patriots' chances of going undefeated, but the Bill Belichick-inspired spying scandal has clouded Shula's thinking when comparing New England with his unbeaten 1972 Dolphins team.

Don Shula
To his chagrin, Don Shula believes the Patriots and Barry Bonds have something in common.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished," Shula said in an interview with the New York Daily News. "You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it."

Belichick was fined $500,000 and the Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost a first-round draft pick for videotaping the Jets' opposing sideline during the teams' season-opening game.

"That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found," Shula said, according to the Daily News. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record.

"I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No. 1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."

The way the Patriots have been playing, Shula and the '72 Dolphins might find themselves answering more questions than in past years about whether their record will stand. New England improved to 9-0 on Sunday by beating the previously unbeaten Colts (7-1) in Indianapolis.

There have been serious runs made at the Dolphins' record before. The 1985 Bears started 12-0, then lost on a Monday night to a Dolphins team coached by Shula. The 1991 Redskins started 11-0 and the 1998 Broncos and 2005 Colts opened 13-0 before losing. Although members of the '72 Dolphins have become known for sipping champagne after the last unbeaten team falls by the wayside each season, Shula says stories of that annual celebration "have been blown out of proportion."

"You guys put forth the myth that we are pathetic losers down here clicking champagne glasses and clinging desperately to a record set 35 years ago," former Dolphins tight end Jim Mandich told the Daily News. "Somehow we've been portrayed as being evil. We don't ever blow our own horn. It's a great record, but the record doesn't get beaten.

"The Patriots have assembled a powerhouse of a team. They are a classy bunch of guys and play ball the right way. If they want to join the unbeaten club, come on aboard."

eazye76
11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Fuck Shula

The '72 Dolphins did not play a team that finished with a record better than 8-6. Their leading receiver, Paul Warfield, caught 29 passes all season; that's a good half for Chad Johnson. And, frankly, they got lucky a couple of times against bad teams.

Naturally, as a rosy-cheeked youth, I bet against them every week.

Here are the hard and fast facts about those perfect Dolphins:

- They played only two teams with winning records. Their coach, Don Shula, was such a powerful figure at that time, I believe he was making up the Dolphins' schedule himself.

- They had a powerful Larry Csonka-Mercury Morris running game, helped, I believe, by the fact that the offensive line held on almost every play.

- More to the point, Shula was on the NFL's competition committee, and Rule No. 6, I believe, was "No penalties on the Dolphins."
Advertisement

- Earl Morrall, replacing the injured Bob Griese, started most of the Dolphins' games at quarterback. When the season began, I believe, he was operating a used-car dealership.

- Two or three of their games, I believe, ended in ties, but the media counted them as Dolphins victories to keep the story of the winning streak alive.

Frankly, the '72 Dolphins couldn't even beat the '05 USC Trojans; then again, Southern Cal, I believe, has a higher salary cap.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20051116/ai_n15908528

Palma
11-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Shula and Greice do this every time there is a team about to go undefeated. Not only would 72 Dolphins get killed if they were to play today, but their schedule was shorter and their opponents weren't teams like the present day Colts.

I do think it is bullshit that the Pats get off easy with the media and the NFL in terms or cheating. If it was the Stealers or Raiders they would still be making a big deal about the Video Syping today and probably for the next three seasons.

I still don't think the Pats will go 16 and 0... they have been here twice before and the lowly Dolphins broke their streak both times.

And in the Playoffs they are sure to play the Colts again, and the Colts will most likely have Harrison healthy by then.

But I agree... Shula needs to shut the fuck up.

Mac
11-08-2007, 04:59 AM
The Patriots got caught cheating, there should be some sort of * if they go undefeated. They are a bunch of cheating assholes.

Severn
11-08-2007, 06:37 AM
The Patriots got caught cheating, there should be some sort of * if they go undefeated. They are a bunch of cheating assholes.

Cheating for what, the games this year? The whistle blew on them during the first minutes of the season. What they've done this year can't be attributed to spygate.

eazye76
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
The Miami Dolphins were caught tampering when the hired Don Shula away from the Baltimore Colts in 1970, they were fined a 1st round draft pick. So not only does Don Shula need to shut the fuck up, he's also a hippocrate.

Credit - Boston.com

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2007/11/07/shula_on_wrong_foot/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

Severn
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
The Miami Dolphins were caught tampering when the hired Don Shula away from the Baltimore Colts in 1970, they were fined a 1st round draft pick. So not only does Don Shula need to shut the fuck up, he's also a hippocrate.

Credit - Boston.com

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2007/11/07/shula_on_wrong_foot/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

Nice 'rep.

Mac
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Cheating for what, the games this year? The whistle blew on them during the first minutes of the season. What they've done this year can't be attributed to spygate.
yeah, they got caught cheating in the game where they smoked the Jets so at least one game can be attributed to that. They fucking cheated and they have been doing it for years so they are tarnished. And just to clear it up Don Shula didn't come out and say this shit. He was asked a question and he answered it so if you don't want Shula stating his opinion you need to tell the media to stop asking him it.

SimpleJack
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I hate the Dolphins, and I hate the Pats. I just think it's unfortunate the NFL has seen fit to just let this quietly slide under the table and let it sleep. Please. Like Palma said, let this happen anywhere else and there would be a Congressional inquiry. Bellichick is a prick. He fucked over Parcells and the Jets. He is a dick to Dungy who has never done anything negative to anyone. And the Pats have stolen the complete 2004 Colts offense. This shit reminds me of the 90's Cowboys who were allowed to get away with whatever they wanted because they won. As far as I'm concerned, WAR SHULA. His argument is no different than the Aaron/Bonds or Ben Johnson/Carl Lewis ones. Do you mean to tell me that you wouldn't be upset if you found that someone who had LEGITIMATELY CHEATED AND BEEN CAUGHT BEAT YOUR RECORD? If you say no, then you are a liar.

Severn
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I hate the Dolphins, and I hate the Pats. I just think it's unfortunate the NFL has seen fit to just let this quietly slide under the table and let it sleep. Please. Like Palma said, let this happen anywhere else and there would be a Congressional inquiry. Bellichick is a prick. He fucked over Parcells and the Jets. He is a dick to Dungy who has never done anything negative to anyone. And the Pats have stolen the complete 2004 Colts offense. This shit reminds me of the 90's Cowboys who were allowed to get away with whatever they wanted because they won. As far as I'm concerned, WAR SHULA. His argument is no different than the Aaron/Bonds or Ben Johnson/Carl Lewis ones. Do you mean to tell me that you wouldn't be upset if you found that someone who had LEGITIMATELY CHEATED AND BEEN CAUGHT BEAT YOUR RECORD? If you say no, then you are a liar.

What does have to do with them being 9-0 THIS year? Did they have the Cowboys playbook when they beat them in Dallas this year? Did they have the Colts playbook when they came back from being ten points down inthe fourth quater? No. Was it the Patritots that made the Colt reciever drop a 'gimmie' pass during the game? No.

If they were caught cheating in week 13 of this season then yeah Shula should be pissed but that's not what happened is it?

So fuck Don Shula.

SimpleJack
11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Right........so every coach in the NFL should have to completely change all the signals they taught and practiced all last season and in the preseason have been stolen (no way can you change every signal during the regular season too fucking complicated), Shula is just a baby, Bellichick is some sort of God, and the Pats have earned everything they've gotten.........give me a fucking break. THEY CHEATED. BOTTOM LINE. I COULD GIVE A FUCK AT WHAT POINT THEY STARTED.

baba
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
The point is moot because they won't go undefeated. In fact, they may lose this Sunday night in Buffalo. I don't like NE or Miami so I'm not picking any sides, but noone's going undefeated ever again.

They'll lose one, then Moss will start sucking his thumb and being his usual crybaby self, and then the whole myth will unravel.

Severn
11-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Right........so every coach in the NFL should have to completely change all the signals they taught and practiced all last season and in the preseason have been stolen (no way can you change every signal during the regular season too fucking complicated), Shula is just a baby, Bellichick is some sort of God, and the Pats have earned everything they've gotten.........give me a fucking break. THEY CHEATED. BOTTOM LINE. I COULD GIVE A FUCK AT WHAT POINT THEY STARTED.

They've beaten the best teams out there right now. They've beaten the defending Super Bowl Champions on the road, They've beaten undoubtedly the number one team in the NFC on the road. You've got NO comeback for that. They played those games and won.

Here, this is on me.

http://www.adoptionblogs.com/media/Crisis%20Pregnancy/kleenex.jpg

SimpleJack
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
No comeback?????? OK, THEY CHEATED. Didn't see that one coming huh....

You can't honestly say (Unless you are completely clouded by your biases) that they had no competitive advantage in knowing another team's signals. You combine signals with game tape and you have an amazingly effective weapon. Get over it. They cheated.

Oh and here you go......
http://www.flushliberalism.com/images/head_up_ass.jpg

twankydawg
11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm a Saints fan, I wish they would fucking cheat or something! :grinsmile26: