PDA

View Full Version : Fedor not fighting New Years Eve

MasterShake
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Rumors, fueled by recent statements made by Fedor and DSE, have been swirling around the net about a possible NYE event in Japan. The event was said to be a tournament that would feature Fedor, and would serve a thank you from him to his legions of Japanese fans.

Monte Cox, President and CEO of M-1, shot down those rumors today according to MMAWeekly.com.

“No. It’s not going to happen,” said M-1’s president and CEO, Monte Cox, of the proposed fight.

“There was an offer. We looked at it. We tried to see if it was possible,” he admitted. “But in the end, there just wasn’t enough time to pull it off.

“It wasn’t a bad idea. It was kind of planned to be a sort of goodbye to PRIDE fans for Fedor.”

Cox also went on to point toward a February date on US soil for Emelianenko's debut.

“We’re tentatively thinking February (for M-1’s first event and Emelianenko’s next fight). Obviously things can change, but that’s the plan,” stated Cox.

Man, I think I am going to have to change my picture, honestly by the time he fights I don't think Im going to care, I mean seriously I think I am going to be more interested in whats going on with Brock Lesnar, and I can't believe Im saying that, but atleast we know who he is fighting, I mean they haven't even annoucned his opponent and at this point I do not think they have one, the best possibility I've heard is Rizzo and I think that will be a bloodbath.

markzabin
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Even if he does fight, it's most likely not going to be against a top 10, so I stopped caring when he signed with M-1. He is looking like the next Frank Shamrock.

unquiet
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
It sucks, but hopefully someone will organize a fight with him so he can come back and show everyone why he is the best fighter in the world.

haha poor frank.

eazye76
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Unless he's fighting Josh Barnett(which isn't looking good), I don't give a shit. If it's free I'll watch it.

Actually even if t is Barnett I really don't give a shit.

unquiet
11-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Seriously it has to be Randy lol. Unless Nogueria becomes takes the UFC title. Maybe Sylvia too.