PDA

View Full Version : Houston Alexander's future?

gezushe77
11-08-2007, 08:08 AM
What you guys think about Houston Alexander? Does he have a future in mma or is he just another fad! i believe that he is going to go far in his career

Dork8503
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM
He will get knocked out by Thiago, lose to someone like Bonnar, then get knocked out by Chuck or Wand an then win a few, get knocked out again win some. He will be a lower tier fighter but will be in ufc cuz he brings it.

markzabin
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
He will get knocked out by Thiago, lose to someone like Bonnar, then get knocked out by Chuck or Wand an then win a few, get knocked out again win some. He will be a lower tier fighter but will be in ufc cuz he brings it.
lol, can't see that Thiago thing happening. I think he could be a top 10 for sure. We will see what he does later in the month. Someone is getting knocked out in the first round, just don't know who yet.

Dork8503
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
lol, can't see that Thiago thing happening. I think he could be a top 10 for sure. We will see what he does later in the month. Someone is getting knocked out in the first round, just don't know who yet.

If Houston knocks out Thiago like he has everyone else, i will give him much more respect.

lostlineman
11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
with aldo respect dork, houston already steam rolled jardine i a minute. jardine just beat lidell, i dont think houston can gain much from this fight but he can loose alot. the truth will be if he actually has to make it through a couple of rounds. he has looked pretty impressive in his last to fights!!??

TeddyDaBear
11-10-2007, 05:34 AM
i agree with what Dork said, if he wins this fight, especially in dominating fashion...he will gain alot of respect in my book. actually, i think i will be more impressed if he dominates for 3 rounds rather than just finish it early. i want to see some more aspects of his game and also see how his cardio is.

markzabin
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
well I doubt we will see any cardio action in this match up anyway. Thiago and Alex both have a ton of first round finishes.

Typhoid
11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
I almost think that Houston may be at his peak now. The guy is already 35 and in most cases (except freak of natures like Randy) guys start to peter out in productivity by their late 30's.

We still don't know if this guy has any kind of ground game at all. I don't doubt that he has the cardio (even though I haven't seen it) but until he proves that he has some ground skills, I would think that would be a weakness that an opponent would want to exploit.

If Thiago feels that standing is too dangerous, I hope that he goes for the takedown so I can see what Houston's got. If Houston takes this one standing, I would like to see his next opponent be someone like Tito or Forrest who would try for the takedown.