PDA

View Full Version : Shonie was made for television!

Afro
08-29-2006, 05:03 AM
I could tune in just to see Shonie, screw the fights.. that guys hillarious.

jay-c
08-29-2006, 05:05 AM
I second that

ccl2087
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Shonie's a straight up pimp that you have to love watching

AudieMurphy1
08-30-2006, 09:34 PM
i almost didnt make it past the weigh in, dude needs a new pair of undies bad

error2k5
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM

god yes, I agree, he's funny...but he desperately needs to change his fighting attire...

Boo
08-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Maybe UFC is trying to pull in the ladies. Shonie's just helpin out.

johnwkd1
09-01-2006, 04:59 AM
My fiancee and I want him to win just to watch Hughes turn him into a human pretzal.

mattsoper
09-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I didn't overlly like the guy at first...but damn the guy is hilarious and keeps it interesting...i don't know if i want him to win, but he is great for TV

Afro
09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
My fiancee and I want him to win just to watch Hughes turn him into a human pretzal.
you mean Penn

Afro
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
for the record, I really wanna see Shonie be UFC champ just because the guys had a belt in every other organization hes fought in, hes mr. international and a belt in the UFC would make him even more of a legend, Shonie IMO is what a UFC fighter is suppose to be

but my picks are still Matt Serra and Din Thomas.

alahyousious
09-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah Shonie is already my favorite fighter of all the seasons so far. He is fun to watch and also respectful. I thought that was all class when thanked his team and Serra for helping him win his fight. I just hope he can get his cardio up for the next fight.

Iwatch
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
for the record, I really wanna see Shonie be UFC champ just because the guys had a belt in every other organization hes fought in, hes mr. international and a belt in the UFC would make him even more of a legend, Shonie IMO is what a UFC fighter is suppose to be

but my picks are still Matt Serra and Din Thomas.
Him and Rivera are my favorites on the show, I also agree this guy deserves a belt in the UFC. :devil:

manntis818
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
shonie tells it like it is man...........he said all these people are taking everything to serious but you know what i am having fun.............he is man............he is a cool kat

nik65995
09-15-2006, 07:43 PM
i have to admit last nights water bottle in the pool thing was sooooo funny. i dont think i could have been in that house and not have wanted to kill him,but i would have done it with a smile. the guy is just way to crazy.

AudieMurphy1
09-15-2006, 07:58 PM
dude still needs to discover shorts

Storm442
09-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't mind people acting goofy or even wearing crazy clothes.

But being a dick at night/early morning when 10 other people are trying to sleep?
C'MON!

Afro
09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't mind people acting goofy or even wearing crazy clothes.

But being a dick at night/early morning when 10 other people are trying to sleep?
C'MON!
he has a sleeping disorder

AudieMurphy1
09-15-2006, 08:21 PM

i think that stems from his underwear disorder

duran
09-15-2006, 08:32 PM
being funny, telling it like it is, acting goofy, etc is great, but it seems like an act with him for the show. Granted, he is a character and is flakey, but he is WAY over the top with this stuff. I think "Luke Cummo weird" was very funny, but Shonie is always saying "fuck 'em" or something like that when the other guys complain. He acts like the whole house and pool is only for him. These guys feed their families based on their fighting success. Getting your proper rest is part of a good training program also, and Shonie's acting up is disrupting everyone's sleep. His attitude is "fuck 'em", I have a "sleep deprivation disorder" and I want to make noise and play some stick at 3 am. Maybe he would be a better fighter if he took steps to cure his insomnia. Shonie- try Ambien, Tylenol PM, ZMassPM, sleepytime tea, meditation, whatever, just don't make your problem someone else's. You're a grown man and a professional athlete. Personally I don't think it's funny.

Afro
09-15-2006, 08:37 PM
being funny, telling it like it is, acting goofy, etc is great, but it seems like an act with him for the show. Granted, he is a character and is flakey, but he is WAY over the top with this stuff. I think "Luke Cummo weird" was very funny, but Shonie is always saying "fuck 'em" or something like that when the other guys complain. He acts like the whole house and pool is only for him. These guys feed their families based on their fighting success. Getting your proper rest is part of a good training program also, and Shonie's acting up is disrupting everyone's sleep. His attitude is "fuck 'em", I have a "sleep deprivation disorder" and I want to make noise and play some stick at 3 am. Maybe he would be a better fighter if he took steps to cure his insomnia. Shonie- try Ambien, Tylenol PM, ZMassPM, sleepytime tea, meditation, whatever, just don't make your problem someone else's. You're a grown man and a professional athlete. Personally I don't think it's funny.
dog That is SHONIE CARTER and even if he is doin it for the show OH WELL the show sucks, the fights suck, the only reason to tune in is for Shonie Carter and the other drama in the house so let him keep on bein Shonie, hes bein himself man trust me.

AudieMurphy1
09-15-2006, 08:45 PM
i agree duran, shonies act has gotten old and as an insomian myself i feel for the guy, a couple of the things i had to do to correct the problem was limit my caffine to morning hours forcing myself out of bed early and forcing myself to bed early, i wouldnt have been able to handle the pool game at all, as an insomiac shonie should know that every little noise is a distraction and i wouldnt have asked him to stop i would have made him, there would have been a fight and i probably would have been thrown off the show

duran
09-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I've tried all of those sleep aids i mentioned. Maybe Shonie is doing what I have done a few times - starting to resent it when people have normal sleep patterns and can get their 7 or 8 hours every night. Maybe that's why he keeps saying "fuck 'em". Misery loves company.

He is a character and I do find myself waiting to see what he does next, I have to admit.

Afro
09-15-2006, 09:22 PM
as stated on the show the only people that have a problem with Shonie is the other team, so fuck em cuz if Shonie stops the show gets extremely boring

Storm442
09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
No one is arguing that he doesn't.

It's HOW he handling the disorder that everyone is complaining about.
You don't HAVE to be a dick just because you can't sleep.

And based on his attitude, I'd say he has a personality disorder.

...I do like AudieMurphy1's observation (underwear disorder)

mjeffers365
09-16-2006, 04:42 AM
hey I hear what you are saying about Shonie and how it can be viewed as a disturbance. But Shonie is a great reminder to all of us that this is supposed to be FUN. These are the dreams jobs that Im sure every TUF competitor on this season and previous seasons (ok maybe not Noah or Eli Josplin whom I seen on a milk carton the other day btw) have always wanted to beat the crap out of people not get arrested for it and make some serious money and fame. I personally remember that when I boxed as an amateur I took it way too seriously and didnt have the fun I could have and as a college student caught myself in saying hey this is where I want to be why am I not enjoying all this. These are the best days of their lives for many of them. A few months away from worries of jobs, and bills and child support and wife/gf drama and once this time has passed its gone forever congrats for Shonie to realize this is a break from the hard lives many of these men have had and squeezing every second out of it.

Boo
09-16-2006, 05:16 AM

dude still needs to discover shorts

i think that stems from his underwear disorder

Audi, I do admire your persistence.

Mastiff_owner
09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
First of all I can't get enough of Shonie on the show. he's like what 42?? 42 is right around the corner for me and I hope I am the same way.

second, I am at work when I post and people are starting to wonder what the hell I am laughing at so please don't make me laugh so much.

kaisq11
09-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Shonie is that dude

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 06:33 AM
What is he suspose to do sit quietly so other can sleep remember there is no TV. There is only a few things he can do and 1 of those things is to play pool.

duran
09-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Write a journal or book documenting the experience, sit out back by the fire, visualize fighting everyone else in the house in case he has to fight them, meditate, practice breathing techniques, draw or paint, clean the house, do pushups, isometrics or shadowbox, sit in the hot tub, write letters to his kids, come up with an idea for TUF 5 so he can give that to Dana and maybe even write himself into that idea, read the (fill in Bible, Koran, The Shonie Krishna Manual), map out strategies for his teammates (who they match up well against, or if they get stuck fighting someone they don't match up well with, devise a plan), try to sleep.

Afro
09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Write a journal or book documenting the experience, sit out back by the fire, visualize fighting everyone else in the house in case he has to fight them, meditate, practice breathing techniques, draw or paint, clean the house, do pushups, isometrics or shadowbox, sit in the hot tub, write letters to his kids, come up with an idea for TUF 5 so he can give that to Dana and maybe even write himself into that idea, read the (fill in Bible, Koran, The Shonie Krishna Manual), map out strategies for his teammates (who they match up well against, or if they get stuck fighting someone they don't match up well with, devise a plan), try to sleep.
how do u know all these will keep him busy? he does whatever keeps himself busy and its entertaining to watch who gives a fuck if the other guys on the season dont like it they are BOOOOORING. Shonie is entertaining, him bein an ass is good TV and furthermore he probably did all that stuff cuz the other clowns keep bitchin

duran
09-20-2006, 03:42 PM
They were just some suggestions. I think he could still be entertaining without bothering anyone else. You want some more suggestions that could keep him busy AND entertain? How about painting a caricature of everyone in the house and post them all over? How about drawing a mural of Dana on the wall. A big fukking shiny bald head on the wall with a conversation bubble coming out of it's mouth, "So you want to be a fucking fighter?? would be fukking hilarious. How about putting his speedos or his glitter on the blades of the ceiling fans, then when the guys wake up and turn the fans on, his speedos and glitter fly all over. You say fuk them, he says fuk them. I don't think that's being a very good teammate. Your argument that it is only bothering the other team? I think his teammates ARE being good teammates by rolling with it. I am talking about playing stick at 3 am. It's loud. I am not talkin about doing goofy shit that might be funny. Again, let him do funny shit without keeping the other guys awake.

I'm not sure if you were ever an athlete. Rest is part of training. If you were training for the event of your life and someone selfishly woke you up, in eseence saying "fuck you", you'd be pissed. Shame on you, though, if someone painted a big Afro Samurai caricature on the wall. See what i mean?

Boo
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I donít think some of you are getting Duranís point. People are not all good or all bad. I admire that Shoney is doing a lot of things to entertain himself instead of whining that heís bored.

But when it comes to playing stick at 3 AM when people are trying to sleep, including his teammates, I donít know how you can say that particular behavior isnít inconsiderate and self-centered. It just is, no matter who was doing it.

As an insomniac, believe me, I sympathize with his problem, but keeping everyone else in the household awake wonít help me sleep any better, it would just make me a jerk.

AudieMurphy1
09-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Audi, I do admire your persistence.

.....................i'm just sayin...........:confusedsmilie: