PDA

View Full Version : Fedor on Human Weapon, not advertized

MasterShake
11-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Human Weapon : Sambo: Russia's Extreme Fighting
Airs on Saturday November 10 04:00 PM
Hosts Jason Chambers and Bill Duff journey to Moscow, Russia, the origin of one of the most versatile and deadly martial arts on the planet. Created at the instigation of Vladimir Lenin during the Bolshevik Revolution in 1918 to improve the hand-to-hand combat skills of the military and the police, the secret self-defense training eventually spread to the masses and became an official, competitive Soviet sport in 1938. In their quest to learn this complex and lethal fighting style, our hosts will learn Sambo street techniques from some of the toughest bodyguards in Moscow, travel to acclaimed dojos for instruction from world champions, journey to a secret military facility to train with Soviet Special Forces, and participate in a brutal exercise regimen in a remote, rustic camp. Their journey ends with a fight against an up-and-coming Sambo competitor at the annual European and Russian Sambo Federation Championship.

I was watching this last night and was really surpised that when I watched it they did not even advertised as being on the show, seems like they would of played this up to get the MMA fans to watch could of probably got some better ratings. He wasn't fighting but it was was of his students that fought

unquiet
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
They might be assuming that the average watcher doesn't know who fedor is, and that you average/intense mma fan will watch the show regardless. I'm definitely watching it.

MasterShake
11-10-2007, 02:14 PM
True very true, I watch the show pretty much regardless of who on there or what there there, I guess I'm a combat whore. I just figured they would of thrown it in there. They advertised the hell out of the episode that had Couture, nd Barnette on it, and then they get Fedor and never mentiion him they could of possibly got some new viewers out of people that may not have gave it a chance yet. But yah it was a good episode worth watching I seen a couple good moves on there.

finley
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea just saw it, it was a nice episode. Fedor didn't really do anything on it so I can see why they didn't advertise him, unlike Couture who actually participated in the episode he was in.

Soto
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I was suprised that they didnt feature him in the commercials as well. Chances are if youre watching a show like that you know about mma. Ratings would have probably been much better as well.