PDA

View Full Version : problems?

2mcgrath
11-10-2007, 10:09 PM
just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the site lately?

last night i wasnt on here much because i couldnt be.i would try to load the page and it wouldnt do anything,and it would be hours before it would work.

every other page besides here i tried worked fine.or sometimes it would load but,when i would try to post i would get a black page and wouldnt load

i got on this morning pretty easy,but when i tried later samething,wouldnt load.just wondering is it me or is anyone else having problems

Noob
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I can't say I've had that problem.

This site usually loads much slower than most other pages for me, but it's always been that way. I suspect because of the ads. But nothing out of the ordinary the last few days that I've noticed.

The Deftone
11-10-2007, 11:49 PM
No problems here.... Site always is fine for me.

Palma
11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
This site is starting to not load and stall when refreshing new pages.

Dork8503
11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah i have been having that same problem today, i thought it was my computer but it looks like it is not.

Warchief
11-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Same here! i also experiencing some problem...it took me more than ten minutes, just to log.

Noob
11-11-2007, 01:16 PM
That's really weird. I haven't had any problems at all.

Watch now that I say that my computer will crash. Fucker.

2mcgrath
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
mine done the same shit again last night,didnt want to load pages.

valheruking
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Sometimes i find the site slow, but a lot of the time it seems faster than a lot of other forums, especially Sherdog.

Dan0
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I've noticed for about a week now. Slow to Won't load on refresh.

BJJ Boy
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I experienced massive lag once, but never did it not load.

sandywh
11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I couldn't even get the site to load last night. (did I get IP banned by mistake?)

The usual lags don't bother me. It is a bit more frequent than it used to be, but I can handle that. But over the last 2 or 3 weeks, I've had times where the site would not even register.

Clint
11-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't noticed any problems. For those of you with problems what are you using? Internet Explorer/Firefox/Opera?

2mcgrath
11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I haven't noticed any problems. For those of you with problems what are you using? Internet Explorer/Firefox/Opera?

im using ie,last night it worked ok.but mine does what sandy is talking about.like the other night wouldnt load any pages here.and i couldnt get on.

is firefox a better browser to use?or could it be browser related

Clint
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Interesting. I was just curious insce I don't see any problems but run Firefox with NoScript.

Dan0
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Interesting. I was just curious insce I don't see any problems but run Firefox with NoScript.
That's how I run Firefox, as well. When I've had loading problems, I shut down my browser and re-start my puter. It's a pain, but I just can't stand NOT being on this site. Love ya.

Submissionist
11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
The site wouldn't load for hours last night, even the main page.

twankydawg
11-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I had the same problem but I took a backdoor in and it was running a little slow but I could get on, just not through the main page.

2mcgrath
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I had the same problem but I took a backdoor in and it was running a little slow but I could get on, just not through the main page.

i most of the time dont go in thru the main page.
when it does it,i try restarting the whole 9 yards and doesnt help on my end any.so i dont know what the hell is going on

Dan0
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
i most of the time dont go in thru the main page.
when it does it,i try restarting the whole 9 yards and doesnt help on my end any.so i dont know what the hell is going on
I don't either. I've got the forum paged saved on my browser, and just go straight to the forum. I've already shutdown and rebooted once this morning.

Ramma
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
My access to the site is fine.. sometimes this site does go slow though... but nothing to note as pertaining to recent visits.
I spoke too soon. I just had that problem for about 15 minutes.. only this site wouldn't load.

2mcgrath
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I spoke too soon. I just had that problem for about 15 minutes.. only this site wouldn't load.

mine is still doing it,last night it was pretty bad for awhile then it started working again.i just cant figure out what the problem could be

Robthom
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I have had the same problem with this site since I found about it almost a year ago. It wasn't as much of an issue when I had broadband, but I am currently on dial-up and it takes between 6-7 refreshes of the same page for it to open up. Every once in a while I get the itch to jabber on the forum, and it takes an hour or two to read and make a few responses to the first page. And as people have already noted, its not my connection because only a few odd sites give me this problem this bad. I usually end up reading the UG because it easier to navigate, which is a shame because I prefer the conversation here. I'm not tech savvy so this is just a guess, but could it be the bandwidth at the host server?

Steel
11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I have problems with lag when connecting via wireless but hard wired I'm always fine.

2mcgrath
11-22-2007, 04:36 AM
well guys im still having problems.it done it today again and has done it twice tonight and last night

.what i dont understand, i can load the homepage when its doing it lightning quick.but getting in the forums it will say page not found and i have to keep trying,anywhere from 10mins to hours before it will work again.this shit is driving me crazy lol

Dan0
11-30-2007, 05:49 PM
This site is giving me fits today, now every third or fourth page change this site freezes on me, I close firefox and restart. Am I the only one????????

Bullock
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
This site almost always runs slow for me as well, or it will do what you guys are saying.

Not even we Admins are above it, lol.

Ramma
11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
well guys im still having problems.it done it today again and has done it twice tonight and last night

.what i dont understand, i can load the homepage when its doing it lightning quick.but getting in the forums it will say page not found and i have to keep trying,anywhere from 10mins to hours before it will work again.this shit is driving me crazy lol

I am not sure this will help,

but maybe you need to clear your cookies, defrag your system, if you have Norton Anti Virus, do all repairs, etc, etc , etc. and see what happens.. it might make all the difference.

2mcgrath
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM

but maybe you need to clear your cookies, defrag your system, if you have Norton Anti Virus, do all repairs, etc, etc , etc. and see what happens.. it might make all the difference.

thanks ill give that a try.ive done everything far as cookies and all.but i havent defragged in awhile.so i will try that see if it helps.

mines still doing it again today

Dan0
11-30-2007, 10:08 PM

I do appreciate the advice, but that didn't get it. It just seems we should be able to set up some exceptions in out browsers, spy/malware apps, or logon to make the experience a little better. It's pushing me away.

2mcgrath
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Maybe someone needs to notify our website's annonymous owner (who I think is Frank Trigg by the way.. I am convinced) about the problem.

yeah that would be nice.im thinking it may have something to do with the ads,but im not sure

Noob
11-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I do appreciate the advice, but that didn't get it. It just seems we should be able to set up some exceptions in out browsers, spy/malware apps, or logon to make the experience a little better. It's pushing me away.

If you're running Firefox, there are some good programs.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

I use this one all the time. Cuts out all of the ads from the site. If ads are an issue for you, that may help.

Other than that, there isn't a lot to be done. The owner has been contacted before, and I get the sense that he is less than sympathetic. I don't know though, I've never talked to him.

Dan0
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM
no problems with site adds. when i installed firefox ad-block was, of course, the first add-on i installed. i gotta wonder if it's my router now that i've changed the setting. my desk top doesn't have these problems and my laptop didn't used to.
boone has pointed out that when i post some threads it effects the mmanews front page. thats one of the thing that brought up the punctuation issue in thread titles. matt boone said it was my font or computer that that was causing the issues or something - he wasn't sure what it it was. i'll keep trying till i figure it out. when i do i'll let everyone know what the deely is.

Edit: I changed my ROUTER settings to be more restrictive (Block Anonymous Internet Requests) I had originally changed it to "allow" so I could use torrent sites, but when I change it back I no longer have loading problems. If loading problems crop up again I'll let yall know.

2mcgrath
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
cool,dano you may be on to something there.if it starts working ok, please let me know.im using a wireless connection from my router to my laptop.but my desktop will sometimes do the same thing here as my laptop is doing.and my laptop never had problems here untill a couple months ago

Dan0
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I'll be had better luck but still testing it:

I changed my ROUTER settings to be more restrictive (Block Anonymous Internet Requests) I had originally changed it to "allow" (the box was UN-checked so I could use torrent sites, but when I change it back I no longer have loading problems. If loading problems crop up again I'll let yall know.

Today I've had good luck so far and even posted a couple of threads. However, when it comes to getting torrents, I'm gonna have to change it ack for speed purposes.

AGAIN, I'll keep you posted (so that's where that term came from - or was it the Post-It Notes deal that started it???).

2mcgrath
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
i found by using ramma's advice mine worked alot better,but it only lasts a day or so and starts doing it all over again

Dan0
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
If you know your router username and password you can get access to it by typing your IP address into your browser. Once you type in your IP address it's going to ask you for you Username and Password. Once you gain access go to "Security" and change the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" (check the box)- if it's already checked then that's NOT the problem.

This is how it works for Linksys Routers. Not sure what the setting look like on DLink or any other routers.

GOOD LUCK. It can be frustrating.

I got this information from Noob, and he's very knowledgeable on this stuff.