PDA

View Full Version : If wanderlei fought huck in the ufc who would win if chuck fought wanderlei in pride

bigc
08-30-2006, 12:34 AM
would chuck beat wanderlei in the ufc or would wanderlei beat chuck in pride does i think chuck would win in the ufc but its a toss up for me in pride give me your opinion

Highlander
08-30-2006, 12:36 AM
How would it be that much of a difference where they fought?

bigc
08-30-2006, 12:38 AM
well to me the octagon and the ring are way different

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
yeah the octagon and ring have there diff. but to me the diff. is i think wand is on roids in japan.. and if they fought here he would get tested..i know im going to get alot of shit for this but i really think wand is on roids... he looks like a fuckin pittbull on horse steriods!!i think chuck can take wandy...

and no im not a wand hater infact i have a hard time decieding who is my fav fighter chuck or wand....

bigc
08-30-2006, 12:50 AM
yeah he does look juiced

Ubermensch
08-30-2006, 12:52 AM
I think Tom Sawyer would beat Huck!!:ass:

matto
08-30-2006, 12:55 AM
wand loves face stomps so that might affect a little bit, but wand and chuck r very close in striking and it is hard to decide who is better, but nobody can take chuck down with a takedown but if wand hit chuck with a punch that would take chuck down and wand could easily finish him with a sub or g and p.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-30-2006, 12:59 AM
wand loves face stomps so that might affect a little bit, but wand and chuck r very close in striking and it is hard to decide who is better, but nobody can take chuck down with a takedown but if wand hit chuck with a punch that would take chuck down and wand could easily finish him with a sub or g and p.

chucks good on the ground too.. people always knock his ground game cause he never really uses it but he is and excellent wrestler and is a purple belt in bjj... which infact i think thats wat wandy is too a purple belt...i think chuck could just get up especially if it was in the cage...

matto
08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
wand is a black belt, just about 5 months ago i think. im beginning to wonder if wands agressiveness will play right into chucks hands or the other way around and chuck will get overwelmed. but chuck said that he likes to fight agressive fighters cause he can counter it, but i dont know if that is the case with wand.

bigc
08-30-2006, 01:08 AM
wand is a black belt, just about 5 months ago i think. im beginning to wonder if wands agressiveness will play right into chucks hands or the other way around and chuck will get overwelmed. but chuck said that he likes to fight agressive fighters cause he can counter it, but i dont know if that is the case with wand.
wanderlei will become impatient and play into chucks hands just like he did vitors

paul
08-30-2006, 01:16 AM
i think so too wand will coma charging in and chuck will counter punch and take him down and pound down on him until wand is trying to wrestle big john haha that was great

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-30-2006, 01:18 AM
ofcourse it will play into chucks hands... wandy will take a punch to throw one and with chuck that isnt going to work...

Afro
08-30-2006, 02:10 AM
ofcourse it will play into chucks hands... wandy will take a punch to throw one and with chuck that isnt going to work...
it wouldnt? Wandy's standup is just as good as Chuck! his muay thai is great and he can throw hands.

Intellectual
08-30-2006, 03:57 AM
I think Tom Sawyer would beat Huck!!:ass:

i think im the only one that found this funny :lmfao:

Intellectual
08-30-2006, 04:02 AM
the whole Chuck vs Wand discussion is getting pointless to be honest. But i'll just give my input, i cant pick a winner, because both are incredible fighters. But here's 2 conclusions that i can picture.

1. Chuck KO's Wand cuz lets be honest Chuck has great accuracy when it comes to throwing those jabs and punches.

2. Wand defeats Chuck by ref stoppage. Wand is known for being a monster, but i think he will have trouble taking down chuck, but once he does the advantage will go to Chuck.

Now concerning the Pride or Octagon, i think the Octagon has a much stronger floor. The Pride ring seems to bounce up and down but thats just my assumption from the fights ive seen. I've seen the refs fly up in the air when someone takedowns an opponent. I dont see that with UFC...or maybe im completley wrong about this :lmfao:

brytown24
10-01-2006, 07:32 AM
i hope to see it some day. could possibly be the greatest matchup ive ever heard of. i have to go with silva in the octagon or in the pride ring. and i'll be honest i think im just being biased. silva's my favorite fighter and i don't like chuck very much altho i do repect his skills 100%. another reason i go with silva is because rampage jackson beat liddell in pride. silva has KO'd rampage jackson twice viciously.:blink: that's just one way to look at it.

Nate_Deezy
10-12-2006, 02:56 AM
I think it would be a diff. outcome depending if it were in Pride or UFC not because of "ring vs. octagon" but because of the rules. Wanderlei finishes a lot of his fights with head stomps and soccer kicks....which if Chuck took some of those, it would be lights out. In UFC however, that is obviously illegal and would take something away from Wanderlei's game.

Also I've been studying this matchup ever since I was first teased with it. I've noticed Wanderlei throws WIDE looping punches. Now...let me say Chuck is a good striker. But he is an EXCELLENT counter-striker. He shouldn't really be thought of as a world class striker. Although he possesses that skill, as I said before most of his victories come from a well placed counter punch. With Wanderlei's wide looping punches, all it would take is one big right hand from Chuck and it would be lights out for Wanderlei this time. Every punch Wanderlei throws is exactly the kind of punch Chuck is waiting for.

I think this fight is really just too close to call. This fight could easily go either way in just a matter of a few seconds. I think in order for anyone to win this fight they have to fight absolutely flawlessly. The first mistake either person were to make would mark the end of the fight. The determining factor might even come down to conditioning...which I believe goes HANDS DOWN to Wanderlei. But would the fight make it far enough to become a cardio battle? Probably not...

Livebyit_Fightbyit
10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Chuck Got beat by Rampage three years ago since then he has become a dominant LHW Champion. Wanderlei will do exactly what Renato did. If you watch the fight closely Chuck took a punch and started backpeddling renato followed him and what happened. He ate a hard swift uppercut and many many punches. The same thing would happen to Wandy he would hit chuck one or two times and chuck would backpeddle wandy would follow him and WABAM uppercut city Lights out Wandy. Now don't get me wrong Wandy is awesome his Kos over Sak and Rampage were awesome. But i just don't think Wandy could take it.

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh these Wand vs Chuck threads... you gotta love em haha. I believe Chuck would win in the octagon since Wand would be in a new set of rules plus in a cage not a ring. We all know Wand loves to stomp and soccer kick. In a Pride ring and rules it can still go either way but Chuck is going to be like a lost boy away from home on Wandy's turf. But Wand would be on Chucks turf as well if he went to fight in UFC. There would be enough time for both Wand and Chuck before either fight happend so you can bet your ass they would train differently if there was unfamiliar rules in the mix.

BTW.... one fight is not gonna do it... fans are gonna want more and the fairness of 1 fight in Pride and 1 in UFC.

Afro
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I dont like the fact that some people picking Chuck to win are just saying that Wand will gameplan wrong for him, and some picking Wand to win are saying the same.. that bugs me.

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah there are fan favorites of course. I mean I'm more of a Chuck fan than a Wandy fan but I'm not gonna be like, "oh Chucks gonna KO Wandy easy" or some stupid shit like that. This fight can go either way which is why it is such a popular topic. You dont want to be dumb and end up sticking ur foot in ur mouth if ur just picking a fighter to win because you like him more. Reminds me of those Tito fans that are so stuck on thinking Tito is going to beat Chuck.

Nate_Deezy
10-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I dont like the fact that some people picking Chuck to win are just saying that Wand will gameplan wrong for him, and some picking Wand to win are saying the same.. that bugs me.

Afro....I mean this in the nicest way possible....WHAT DOESN'T BUG YOU? lol jk man

oliver twisted
10-15-2006, 08:03 AM
chuck i think would win because wandi would try to shoot on chuck but his sprawl is to good, so wandi would try to throw hands with chuck. chuck is a better boxer than silva. rampage beat chuck boxing but lost to wandi because he let him get inside and ate knees for dinner. chuck would'nt let wandi get inside. but i would'nt be shocked if silva wins because no matter how good you are everybody losses a fight or two in mma