PDA

View Full Version : pure stand up ufc gloves no kicks or knees

bigc
08-30-2006, 02:17 AM
if boxings champions fought ufc's champions who would all win?

Kimuras"R"Us
08-30-2006, 02:40 AM
So you're asking if UFC fighters could beat boxers in a boxing match using UFC gloves? Uhhhhh.... not a chance.

Punk Ass
08-30-2006, 09:35 PM
if boxings champions fought ufc's champions who would all win?

This is the stupidest thread I ever seen. You must not know anything about niether.:blink:

matto
08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
lol thats funny, the ufc guys would waste them in a mma fight but would get ko'ed very easily in a boxing match cause the prfessional boxers just train boxing all day rather a mma guy training a lot more things and not being able to excell in boxing liek the professional boxer.

killerinstinct
08-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Sylvia might have some success.The boxing HW division is weak and Tim is very tall and has a good jab and a good chin.

Chuck Liddell would do well.He has a good chin and great KO power.

Franklin wouldn't do too well.His weak chin wouldn't do well against a top boxer.

Hughes wouldn't do well either he's a wrestler not a boxer.

Afro
08-30-2006, 11:31 PM
A boxing Champion vs a UFC champion in pretty much a boxing match with 3 OZ gloves?

Ill take Boxing with the sweep

i'd say the best HW Boxer right now is Sam Peter.. he'd beat Tim Sylvia

Bernard Hopkins would beat Chuck Liddell

Jermain Taylor would beat Rich Franklin

Oscar De La Hoya would beat Matt Mughes

PBF would take care of the rest.

I know im off on the weights but oh well.

matto
08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
matt hughes wouldnt do too well? thats a huge understatement, he would do terrible, the worst out of all of them. ufc vs. boxing champ in boxing come on...

kickbox
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
A boxing Champion vs a UFC champion in pretty much a boxing match with 3 OZ gloves?

Ill take Boxing with the sweep

i'd say the best HW Boxer right now is Sam Peter.. he'd beat Tim Sylvia

Bernard Hopkins would beat Chuck Liddell

Jermain Taylor would beat Rich Franklin

Oscar De La Hoya would beat Matt Mughes

PBF would take care of the rest.

I know im off on the weights but oh well.

please some of you must be on drugs or something.Any decent k1 fighter or boxer can outsrike Liddell with punches. Liddell has a good chin sure he's only porven that against grapplers who primarily arent so hot in standup or have a chin with anti-ko success. Liddell would get beat in a boxing match easily.Tim wouldnt be able to do good. Any mma fighter wouldnt do good in boxing besides maybe Fedor if he changed his style. Liddell is gollygoogosh kickboxer.the day i see him beat a world classs striker would be in the after life.

sandywh
05-18-2007, 06:45 AM
What? C'mon!!!!!!
Why don't we take a boxer and an MMA fighter and have them arm wrestle blindfolded with cinder blocks tied to their waists while trying to tread water in the shark infested ocean. Who would win?

Lets reverse it. Put the 16 oz. gloves on MMA guys and have them fight in a ring but you can't throw any punches. Only kicks and wrestling.

Weak thread. Seriously weak.

perc10
05-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Boxers should win,but MMA guys fight in a different stance which could possibly throw off a boxers game.

kickbox
05-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Boxers should win,but MMA guys fight in a different stance which could possibly throw off a boxers game.

everyone wins in their respective sports.