PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams is back

jesusatemyhotdog
11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=222847&hubname=

ESPN reports that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated Dolphins RB Ricky Williams after a suspension of 18 months for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy.

He filed for reinstatement Oct. 1.

Williams, 30, led the NFL in rushing in 2002 and last played for the Miami Dolphins in 2005 when he gained 743 yards in 12 games.

He played in the CFL for the Toronto Argonauts last season, but his campaign was cut short by a broken forearm.

Williams was set to apply for reinstatement before training camp began last July, but word leaked of a fifth failed drug test in May. The league said he could apply again in September, but Williams waited until last month to submit his letter for reinstatement.

Last week, newspaper reports in Miami indicated that Williams' agent Leigh Steinberg had conversations with Dolphins General Manager Randy Mueller, but did not get any indication of how the Dolphins were going to deal with Williams.

The Dolphins refused to comment on the Williams' matter until the commissioner rendered a decision.

Details to follow.

I wonder if the Dolphins will play him given the fact their season is done.

Severn
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
That was his second drug infraction right? I honestly don't know why Miami should do. Is he even worth keeping at this point? Does he even have any trade value?

Jarico
11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
UMMMMM the Dolphins are 0-9 shit, Ki-Jana Carter might be able to help them. They have no RB for the rest of the season they better deal with him. All of their Team Leaders will not play again this season unless its for the chargers

Team Leaders
PASSING » T. GREEN
ATT 141
COMP 85
YDS 987
TD 5
RUSHING CAR YDS AVG TD
R. Brown 119 602 5.1 4
J. Chatman 63 320 5.1 1
RECEIVING REC YDS AVG TD
C. Chambers 31 415 13.4 0
R. Brown 39 389 10.0 1

baba
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it would be fitting if they went 0-16 this year, to counterbalance their perfect season. So yea play Ricky ... he's a has been anyway.