PDA

View Full Version : prides champs vs. ufc champs

bigc
08-30-2006, 02:47 AM
give me what you think would happen if prides champions fought ufc's champions ufc welterweight champ vs. pride welterweight champ etc.

Kimuras"R"Us
08-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Fedor would beat Sylvia... I think he'd sub him, but it'd take a little longer than most would think... Sylvia would just jab at him and try not to committ but once there was an opening it'd be over.

Liddell vs. Wand
No idea. I think they'd trade some blows, feel eachother out. I think Wand might land something and go for the Muy Thai Clinch and get caught with one of Chuck's backing up KO punches that no one else can do really.

Ace Vs. Hendo
I think Henderson is declining, his fight at Bushido he didn't look impressive at all. I think Franklin would beat him, in a really good fight.

Hughes, GSP, or Penn I think would beat Pride's guys in their weight class.

The Sherk / Kenflo combo would get handled by Gomi.

Afro
08-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Fedor would beat Sylvia

Wand would beat Liddell

Ace would beat Hendo, if you woulda asked me this a few months ago I woulda said Hendo =/

Hughes would beat. whoever, let Filho come to him though and ill take Filho

Sherk/Kenflo whoever the UFC wants to pick hell let it be Jens Pulver.. Gomi still wins

Intellectual
08-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Fedor would beat Sylvia... I think he'd sub him, but it'd take a little longer than most would think... Sylvia would just jab at him and try not to committ but once there was an opening it'd be over.

Liddell vs. Wand
No idea. I think they'd trade some blows, feel eachother out. I think Wand might land something and go for the Muy Thai Clinch and get caught with one of Chuck's backing up KO punches that no one else can do really.

Ace Vs. Hendo
I think Henderson is declining, his fight at Bushido he didn't look impressive at all. I think Franklin would beat him, in a really good fight.

on point.

BigJoe111
08-30-2006, 06:06 AM
I agree with everything you all are sayihng except I think that Sherk stands a very good chance to beat Gomi. Don't get me wrong, Gomi is a monster, but Sherk is a badass and can hang with anyone.

Punk Ass
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM

Liddell vs. Wand

Ace Vs. Hendo

I agree with everything here too except one thing

liddell vs wandi
Liddell and Wadi circle each other for a moment. Wandi throws a couple of jabs and Liddell counters with a good right. Wandi shoots grabs Liddells head knees it a couple of times. Wandi upercuts him, left hook and a strait right, Liddell is down. Wandi leaps into the air as the ref is too slow to stop the fight and stomps on Liddell motionless head. There is a popping sound, Wandi screams in murderous glee, and Wandi's head shakes something like Bruce Lee in enter the dragon........And Sadly Liddell dies:confusedsmilie:

matto
08-30-2006, 10:17 PM

Liddell vs. Wand

Ace Vs. Hendo

fedor would beat sylvia (so would cro cop,hunt,nog,barnettand alex elemenkio)
wand vs. chuck is too hard to call
ace vs henderson is too hard to call because both great standup and henderson is the best wrestler in mma today.
hughes,gsp, and penn r the 3 best 170 pound guys in the world
when penn loses a hard fought fight to hughes, and when the lw title comes back penn will go back down to lw and become the lw champ and he would beat gomi again if they fought, and pulver might have a chance aginst gomi even though he lost the first time. and sherk has a good chance aginst gomi too. gomi is an assbag.

matto
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
I agree with everything here too except one thing

liddell vs wandi
Liddell and Wadi circle each other for a moment. Wandi throws a couple of jabs and Liddell counters with a good right. Wandi shoots grabs Liddells head knees it a couple of times. Wandi upercuts him, left hook and a strait right, Liddell is down. Wandi leaps into the air as the ref is too slow to stop the fight and stomps on Liddell motionless head. There is a popping sound, Wandi screams in murderous glee, and Wandi's head shakes something like Bruce Lee in enter the dragon........And Sadly Liddell dies:confusedsmilie:

lol good prediction

matto
08-30-2006, 10:20 PM
penn would waste gomi and i would love to see gomi lose his belt and go to the hospital

killerinstinct
08-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Tim Sylvia vs. Fedor-Fedor would win ,but I'd give Tim more of a shot than most.

Chuck vs. Wanderlei-Chuck would win.He's the best LHW in the world.

Henderson vs. Franklin-Henderson would win.His wrestling is better and his KO power and chin is better.

Hughes would beat whatever WW's they have.

Gomi would beat Sherk/Kenflo whomever becomes champ.

Legend
08-31-2006, 04:22 AM
1)Tim Sylvia vs. Fedor- Ill take Fedor but wouldnt be surprised to see Sylvia pull of the upset. His size would creat a world of problems for anybody including Fedor. Especially considering Fedor is only like 5'10.

2)Chuck vs. Wanderlei- Its kinda of a toss up. Im going with Chuck. After seeing him just walk right through Babalu I just cant bet against him right now.

3)Henderson vs. Franklin- Ace is on top of his game right now and Henderson is supposedly starting to slip. Ill go with Franklin.

4)Hughes would dominate whoever was sacrificed to him. No contest.

5)Gomi murders Kenflo and defeats Sherk.

rugoatee
08-31-2006, 04:29 AM
1)Tim Sylvia vs. Fedor- Ill take Fedor but wouldnt be surprised to see Sylvia pull of the upset. His size would creat a world of problems for anybody including Fedor. Especially considering Fedor is only like 5'10.

2)Chuck vs. Wanderlei- Its kinda of a toss up. Im going with Chuck. After seeing him just walk right through Babalu I just cant bet against him right now.

3)Henderson vs. Franklin- Ace is on top of his game right now and Henderson is supposedly starting to slip. Ill go with Franklin.

Agree with everything except Fedor. I think he dispatches Sylvia easy. I swear the man is indestructable. I know Fujita managed to rock him once but my God. He shrugged off the Cro Cop body kick and the Randleman suplex like they were nothing. No other fight in the world can take punishment like him. Maybe he eats a few on the way in to get to Sylvia, but once he has him, game over quick.

Legend
08-31-2006, 04:34 AM
Agree with everything except Fedor. I think he dispatches Sylvia easy. I swear the man is indestructable. I know Fujita managed to rock him once but my God. He shrugged off the Cro Cop body kick and the Randleman suplex like they were nothing. No other fight in the world can take punishment like him. Maybe he eats a few on the way in to get to Sylvia, but once he has him, game over quick.

It might all come down to if Sylvia can keep Fedor from getting inside. Fedor is P4P better. There's no question about it. However, I just dont know how he would deal with such a huge size disadvantage. Plus Sylvia is much much better than ppl give him credit for. I dont care what the Sylvia haters say. But like I said i still think Fedor would pull off the win.

killerinstinct
08-31-2006, 06:43 AM
It might all come down to if Sylvia can keep Fedor from getting inside. Fedor is P4P better. There's no question about it. However, I just dont know how he would deal with such a huge size disadvantage. Plus Sylvia is much much better than ppl give him credit for. I dont care what the Sylvia haters say. But like I said i still think Fedor would pull off the win.
Yeah I agree.Sylvia would pose a lot of threats to Fedor.I think Fedor would win,but he'd take some punishment early on.Tim has decent takedown defence and a huge size advantage over Fedor so it wouldn't be some walk in the park like some would lead you to believe.

Legend
08-31-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah I agree.Sylvia would pose a lot of threats to Fedor.I think Fedor would ,but he'd take some punishment early on.Tim has decent takedown defence and a huge size advantage over Fedor so it wouldn't be some walk in the park like some would lead you to believe.

Yeah most just want to believe that Fedor is unbeatable and Sylvia is a hack who only has a career bc of his size. His size does help him alot. That goes with out saying but the guy has skills. He trains hard and wants to be the best. He may be a prick but he still deserves credit for what he's done in MMA.

AJL416AZ
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
i just have to say that Tim does have a huge size advantage and good sprawl, but Fedor beat Semmy Schilt, who is taller, and a better striker as well

Legend
08-31-2006, 09:02 AM
i just have to say that Tim does have a huge size advantage and good sprawl, but Fedor beat Semmy Schilt, who is taller, and a better striker as well

Im going to have to find and watch that fight. See how Schilt compares to Silvia.

matto
08-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Tim Sylvia vs. Fedor-Fedor would win ,but I'd give Tim more of a shot than most.

Chuck vs. Wanderlei-Chuck would win.He's the best LHW in the world.

Henderson vs. Franklin-Henderson would win.His wrestling is better and his KO power and chin is better.

Hughes would beat whatever WW's they have.

Gomi would beat Sherk/Kenflo whomever becomes champ.

sure gomi woluld beat kenny or sherk and might beat pulver in a rematch but bj would waste him, he beat him the first time and bj said that he was going back to lw and wanted the title, his next fight would probably have been at lw had he not been asked to fill in, he beat hughes the first time but id have to go with hughes. but id take gsp over hughes very soon. henderson's powerful right and rich's weak chin dont mix well for rich. chuck vs wand i dont think anybody could call with too much confidence, its basically who u like better, but until they fight its too hard to decide, its not like liddell vs. sobral or ortiz, he isnt facing a ground fighter he is facing a top level striker like he is, and shogun might have a chance at liddell as well, shogun and wand fight exactly the same r very very similar so i wouldnt dismiss shogun eaither. tim sylvia is a great striker like chuck only not as good, but his takedown defence isnt what it should be if he wants the fight to stay on the feet and he would get submitted so easily. brock lesnar will be the future of the hw devision cause u cant find many wrestlers better then he is in mma and plus he is training a lot of submissions with royce i couldnt think of a better teacher and that will be a deadly combination, i just wonder if he will be able to make ufc hw cause he was close to 300 in wwe days.

matto
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM

fedor isnt 5'10 he is 6 foot, and gomi would get wasted by bj. and everybody said that chuck would ko bablu in early in the first round so dont let that sway ur opinion. and sammy schilt is 2 to 3 inches taller he is 6'10 and i dont know is tim is 6'8 or 6'7 cause it show both heights at a lot of diff places. but i couldnt say that schilt is a better striker then tim is. but tim's time will come that damm ass hole and so will gomi's time even tough he isnt an ass hole.

WandAXE
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Fedor would beat Sylvia

Wand would beat Liddell

Ace would beat Hendo, if you woulda asked me this a few months ago I woulda said Hendo =/

Hughes would beat. whoever, let Filho come to him though and ill take Filho

Sherk/Kenflo whoever the UFC wants to pick hell let it be Jens Pulver.. Gomi still wins
You were on point untill the Hendo part you should know by now that a loss in Pride can happen at any time , you think that Ace could stand that long with Hendo and not eventually get kod?

killerinstinct
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Who's a better striker is debateable and Fedor beat Semmy on the ground not the feet.I think Sylvia has better takedown defence than Semmy and even though Semmy is taller than Sylvia he's in no way bigger.

Im going to have to find and watch that fight. See how Schilt compares to Silvia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYuNnSMjBI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbTrMZzDFQ&mode=related&search=