PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Mount

DirtyDirtBiker
11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I like going around checking for some bjj moves to try out in my basement. Normally I like looking variations of a move rather then just a 20 sec clip of a move.

Either way, I came across this technique called the sitting mount and actually tried it a few times. Its not bad getting the set up, but pulling off the submission takes a little bit of practice :) Its a 5 min video of Keith Owen from bjjmoves.com.

[edit: I'm a newb at adding youtube vids, it didn't work so heres a link instead.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cviTDQqYYkQ

Enjoy.

ufobydeath
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok, I can see one major flaw here... with the way he's sitting and keeping the foot in his opponents armpit the opponent only needs to bridge him off instead of pushing him (the first armbar transition he shows) and grapevine his legs and he's got an achilles lock (or even a heel hook if he wants it). Otherwise it kind of looks like a drunken-monkey version of ju-jitsu ;) Could be nice but you're really giving up the legs.

Heh, just noticed something: "Opens his chokes for a collar." Ok, I'll stop now...

DirtyDirtBiker
11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
lol, yeah everything really has a flaw and nothing works 100% I just posted it b/c I've never seen it before and actually got a gogo when being bridged during class (no the guy was not a newb).

ufobydeath
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice! Still, the most obvious defense to me is to hook the leg. Like you said, nothing is 100% and it usually comes down to the fighter. I have yet to see a technique that everyone can use to perfection and that's probably the reason why I see so many newbs mess their legs up by going for a gogo ;)