PDA

View Full Version : Rankings

killerinstinct
05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
You guys should start updating your rankings page monthly.I think it would give you an edge over mmaweekly.com-as they haven't updated their rankings page since after UFC 57.

Luis Cruz
05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
You guys should start updating your rankings page monthly.I think it would give you an edge over mmaweekly.com-as they haven't updated their rankings page since after UFC 57.

We were just talking about that, we'll be doing that shortly.

Matt Boone
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I told you people craze over these unofficial rankings lol. I think it's something in them just dieing to either call you a genius or call you a retard. Very rarely will anyone say "eh I can understand those lists but mine would be different." It's either one extreme or the other - "you're a fucking idiot you're on crack you hug UFC's nuts", or "what a genius this is the best and most accurate list I've seen". Gets a lot of people talking though which is something a new forum like ours needs, and is why we're going to involve the entire forum on helping us do our lists.

We won't do a tally system where everyone posts lists and we just add up the votes and rank them accordingly, as there's way too many varying and biased opinions when you take EVERYONE into consideration. But prior to this (Cruz coming over, etc.) me and my main writer J.C. Weyand would take some time out and just argue and debate each other on each weight class for a top 10 list until we mutually compromised and settled on an agreeable list. We're going to do this with the entire forum. Everyone interested in helping us determine what will hopefully be the most accurate rankings online (since MMAWeekly, and the other top sites do the tally system and don't have someone with common sense overseeing shit and saying well I respect these guys opinions but some of these rankings stick out like a sore thumb) can do so here on the forum. Just post your top 10 lists for each division and if you feel you need to explain why you have certain fighters ranked in certain spots, include that too. We'll take it all in, argue it out with you guys and hopefully the end result is the most accurate rankings around.

killerinstinct
05-31-2006, 02:58 AM
good to hear.

killerinstinct
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
wtf figured you'd have the rankings updated by now.

Matt Boone
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Me and Cruz can't ever get on a same time schedule lol. I'm bout to just do my lists, ask him for his, battle it out with myself and try and mesh our two lists together as best as possible.

Luis Cruz
06-08-2006, 02:50 AM
if you want to wait until this weekend we can do it then. just put a time aside saturday or sunday, sunday preferably and we can do it on aim.

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 09:02 AM
you guys should start updating your rankings monthly.

Luis Cruz
06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
you said that already, we know.

billwilliams70
06-11-2006, 10:34 AM
I told you people craze over these unofficial rankings lol. I think it's something in them just dieing to either call you a genius or call you a retard. Very rarely will anyone say "eh I can understand those lists but mine would be different." It's either one extreme or the other - "you're a fucking idiot you're on crack you hug UFC's nuts", or "what a genius this is the best and most accurate list I've seen". Gets a lot of people talking though which is something a new forum like ours needs, and is why we're going to involve the entire forum on helping us do our lists.

We won't do a tally system where everyone posts lists and we just add up the votes and rank them accordingly, as there's way too many varying and biased opinions when you take EVERYONE into consideration. But prior to this (Cruz coming over, etc.) me and my main writer J.C. Weyand would take some time out and just argue and debate each other on each weight class for a top 10 list until we mutually compromised and settled on an agreeable list. We're going to do this with the entire forum. Everyone interested in helping us determine what will hopefully be the most accurate rankings online (since MMAWeekly, and the other top sites do the tally system and don't have someone with common sense overseeing shit and saying well I respect these guys opinions but some of these rankings stick out like a sore thumb) can do so here on the forum. Just post your top 10 lists for each division and if you feel you need to explain why you have certain fighters ranked in certain spots, include that too. We'll take it all in, argue it out with you guys and hopefully the end result is the most accurate rankings around.

With this being said, where can the 'Official Rankings' be found?

Later.

Luis Cruz
06-11-2006, 07:05 PM
no such thing as official rankings. pride has theirs ufc has theirs and so on. the promotions would have to merge to have one and they won't. just like boxing, there's no one ranking that's officially right because each title has their own rankings. ring magazine's rankings (even they have a belt now) were the reconized rankings most people went off of but even that was an official ranking.

billwilliams70
06-12-2006, 08:17 AM
no such thing as official rankings. pride has theirs ufc has theirs and so on. the promotions would have to merge to have one and they won't. just like boxing, there's no one ranking that's officially right because each title has their own rankings. ring magazine's rankings (even they have a belt now) were the reconized rankings most people went off of but even that was an official ranking.

Thanks, appreciate it. So, where are these "unofficial rankings" that are spoken of and who compiles this list?

Later.

Luis Cruz
06-12-2006, 08:33 AM
We'll get to them eventually, can't seem to have the same free time to get it done, maybe tomorrow. Myself and Boone will put one together looking over the lists that were created by the users and coming to an agreement on something.

Matt Boone
06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm ready when you are, just hit me up sometime and let me know.