PDA

View Full Version : NFL Question about gestures at the end of touchdowns

Dan0
11-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Randy Moss has been doing most often, but after he scores a TD he puts the back of his hands together and pushes out. What's that Mean????

What's with the Dion Sanders dance when guys scoring TD's and they put a hand behind their head and prance in - What's with the resurgence of that celebration???

eazye76
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
The NFL has gotten tough on celebrations, so the he might just be doing a legal hand gesture, instead of doing something with the ball and getting a penalty. just a guess

TeddyDaBear
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
when people do the Deon Sanders dance it's mostly during Kickoff or punt return TD's...they do it because Deon was one of the best return men ever so i guess its like a tribute to him?

jesusatemyhotdog
11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Randy Moss' gesture signifies his rebirth. He is insinuating that he is emerging from a vagina.

Severn
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
It's strange how they penalize Chad Johnson for his end zone celebrations yet the NFL have a commerical with Shaun Alexander watching TD celebrations online and trying to learn one.

That's a bit of a mixed message from the NFL.

Punk Ass
11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
IMO it's a very stupid rule for a very right wing NFL executives. I think since the real higher ups have never had the satisfaction of being that great at this sport or any sport for that matter, they would personally feel some other way about the oposing team celebrating after a touch down.

Anybody human would want to celebrate a touch down! It doesn't come often, and you feel really great after. Also most players are professional enough not to want to fight after a celebration.

Let the players have fun, and crack down on any oposing players that want to fight over it.

Salvy_Mic
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
IMO it's a very stupid rule for a very right wing NFL executives. I think since the real higher ups have never had the satisfaction of being that great at this sport or any sport for that matter, they would personally feel some other way about the oposing team celebrating after a touch down.

Anybody human would want to celebrate a touch down! It doesn't come often, and you feel really great after. Also most players are professional enough not to want to fight after a celebration.

Let the players have fun, and crack down on any oposing players that want to fight over it.

Totally agree with you there. There definitely are cases though when a celebration can be overly, excessive (remember Owens running out to midfield to pose in the Dallas star when he was still with Niners), but for the most part, I think TD celebrations are generally harmless. Owens with the Sharpie and the pom-poms and Ocho Cinco with the riverdance and fake CPR on the ball were all-time great. Nobody seems to really dance anymore though (nostalgically remembers the White Shoes Shuffle and the Icky Shuffle).

Punk Ass
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Totally agree with you there. There definitely are cases though when a celebration can be overly, excessive (remember Owens running out to midfield to pose in the Dallas star when he was still with Niners), but for the most part, I think TD celebrations are generally harmless. Owens with the Sharpie and the pom-poms and Ocho Cinco with the riverdance and fake CPR on the ball were all-time great. Nobody seems to really dance anymore though (nostalgically remembers the White Shoes Shuffle and the Icky Shuffle).LOL, yeh! Though excessive, the Owens celebration was entertaining.

Edit: How old are you Salvy?

Salvy_Mic
11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm just 23 actually, but used to spend whole weeks watching my NFL Films collection when I was younger. And for the short time I had the NFL Network, I'd be watching all the NFL Films shows all the time, so much I started feeling older than I actually was in relation to my actual football fan tenure.

For the record White Shoes Shuffle > Icky Shuffle.

Dan0
11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey Hustla and Silvy, what is the gesture that Moss does. Does it mean something, or is the Moss celebration??? There have been others do it as well.

My take on the Dion Sanders End Zone Entry, is since he's interviewing all these guys on the NFL Network, they are giving him respect by doing his end zone entry.

Last week Dion's narrating a highlight and he he said, " Go, ahead and do it like i showed you, pause, pause, RIGHT NOW!" And at that time the guy breaks into the the Dion End Zone entry. It really cracked up Steve Mariuchi.

spinach
12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
What's with the Dion Sanders dance when guys scoring TD's and they put a hand behind their head and prance in - What's with the resurgence of that celebration???
It's because DEION is the Man!!!!

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2005/07/22/1122054399_9846.jpg