PDA

View Full Version : Best defensive backs ever!

Punk Ass
11-28-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't know many, but here's my list:

1. Rod Woodson

2. Deion Sanders

3. Ronnie Lot

4. Ty Law

Opinions?

Salvy_Mic
11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Lott and Woodson for damn sure, Sanders is a top 10 all-time corner, Law is a future HOFer. I watch a lot of the old-school NFL Films stuff, and guys like Larry Wilson and Dick "Night Train" Lane stick out to me. Wilson, a strong safety, pioneered the safety blitz, and Night Train Lane was probably the hardest hitter during the 50s and 60s...and he was a cornerback, not a safety. Mike Haynes, Ken Houston, and Mel Blount joined Lane, Lott, Woodson, and Wilson on the All-Time team back in '94. For the record, Houston was the guy who made one of the greatest tackles ever when he stuffed a Dallas fullback on the goal line on Monday Night Football. And one more thing about Wilson...he once intercepted 2 passes in one game with 2 broken hands. That's just bad ass.

But if I have to pick one to be the all-time greatest, I think I'd go with Ronnie Lott.

Punk Ass
11-28-2007, 07:29 PM
But if I have to pick one to be the all-time greatest, I think I'd go with Ronnie Lott.Great choice! If I had to pick my all time favorite, it would have to be Sanders! I just think he was the most entertaining, not to mention the biggest trash talker, and no one could catch a ball when he was defending them. Not to mention, when he did intercept the ball, that was pretty much a guaranteed TD. He may have been the fastest CB ever!

Afro
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I wouldnt put Law in the Top 5

A general Top 5 would consist of..

Lott, Sanders, Rod Woodson, Dick Lane, and Mel Blount

Honorable Mention: Willie Brown, Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, Jack Tatum(just for being so damn underrated) and no not just because they were all Raiders.

Raiders18
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Needs more Jack Tatum.

SimpleJack
11-28-2007, 08:01 PM
In my time watching, here's my list:
Atwater
Lott
Sanders
Law

Honorable mention
Bailey