PDA

View Full Version : Song Ideas

Frasedog
12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe thisshould be in "off topic", I dunno. Anyway, I'm trying to put together a CD to listen to while grappling and training. I like techno type stuff when I train BJJ for some reason. So far I've got some Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Paul Oakenfold, Fatboy Slim. Do you guys have any other ideas? What do you like to listen to when you train (bjj etc., not weigth lifting)?

kaiz77
12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
try the rap artist Common.....
awesome stuff here and I usually dont like rap...its perfect for rolling....
his newer cds finding forever and be are very good....

ufobydeath
12-02-2007, 11:33 PM
When I get to pick the music it's usually pretty unorthodox.
If I'm just doing grappling and light sparring I listen to Boards of Canada (mostly Geogaddi), Coil, Current 93 or even Ravi Shankar. Yeah, I like trippy, calm music in the background.
If it's all out I prefer Pan Sonic; high tempo and pure noise really gets the blood pumping!

kaiz77
12-03-2007, 03:20 AM
When I get to pick the music it's usually pretty unorthodox.
If I'm just doing grappling and light sparring I listen to Boards of Canada (mostly Geogaddi), Coil, Current 93 or even Ravi Shankar. Yeah, I like trippy, calm music in the background.
If it's all out I prefer Pan Sonic; high tempo and pure noise really gets the blood pumping!

Just sampled songs from all of those artists.......I could see them being good rolling music but man......some of those are pretty damn weird...lol...

like for example...Current 93-"all the pretty little horses"............:huh:

ufobydeath
12-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Just sampled songs from all of those artists.......I could see them being good rolling music but man......some of those are pretty damn weird...lol...

like for example...Current 93-"all the pretty little horses"............:huh:

If you think THAT's weird ;)

It's really an almost zen-like experience to roll to. I found that rolling to the usual workout music at my old gym really got on my nerves after a while (which was primarily MTV-style house music or really lame metal) so I tried rolling to some of that stuff. Hell, I even tried rolling to John Coltrane at one point but that just fucked me up bad :p
In the end I think everyone has their on style to this; I know a lot of people that need to have a heavy beat in the background to be able to work out at all. I prefer silence but if I have music I usually go for some of that.

Spain215
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
sandstorm by darude (i think its darude) you will thank me

kaiz77
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
sandstorm by darude (i think its darude) you will thank me

Too upbeat for me......I like the slower stuff when training....

Spain215
12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
...well maybe you wont be thanking me

Noob
12-06-2007, 12:42 AM
...well maybe you wont be thanking me

Lol.

Spain215
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
this is a pretty late comment for me but wanderlei silva came out to sandstorm when he fought chuck, that was pretty sweet