PDA

View Full Version : Allan Green is a future champ

Afro
09-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Watch him fight at 10pm on ESPN Tonight.

Luis Cruz
09-02-2006, 04:47 AM
He could definately be a champ but he's aiming at the wrong targets too soon. He tried to make a fight with Lacy for later this year but it fell through because Lacy isn't fighting again this year but it could happen next year. Green got rocked two fights and almost ko'd by a guy with no known power. That shows his chin is in question because it's the first time he was hit with a solid punch like that right on the button and he didn't take it well at all. His name is big right now because he had the ko of the year last year with his brutal ko of Codrington. He shouldn't challenge Lacy just yet, he's not ready and he'll be ko'd. But he definately has the potential to be great. He can show some more tonight with this fight. If he struggles he shows he definately isn't ready for that next step, if he blows him away it should be a bigger fight next. I'd like to see him fight someone like Peter Manfredo.

I'm watching FNF now and am still shocked at Augusta making a little comeback in his career. They just announced Jermain Taylor is fighting Kassim Ouma November 25th which i don't see as a very big obstacle for Taylor, he should stop him in the middle rounds. Ouma is too up and down and very inconsistant in his career and he's a 154lbs fighter not 160lbs, he's out of his league here. Can't wait for Peter to whoop Toney's ass tomorrow night!

Afro
09-02-2006, 05:03 AM
Ya I agree, Lacey should be out of the question hes an up and comer at this point with a lot of potential you wanna be at ur best when you fight a very good fighter like Jeff Lacey

I cant wait for the Peter fight either!! im real excited about that one.. no tellin whos gonna win.. I hope it adds another great fight to whats been so far a great year of boxing.

BTW, did you catch Mayweathers interview that they showed before they started the Alan Green fight? man that guy is arrogant.

Afro
09-02-2006, 05:28 AM
This fight is ridiculous smh =/

as soon as I said that Green scores the knockdown!

Luis Cruz
09-02-2006, 05:30 AM
See what i mean about Green, he got a lot of hype because of one great ko. Now it's round 6 and he's losing to a guy who couldn't even make the super middle weight of 168lbs and looks way smaller than Green. He's blowing his chance for his super fight with Lacy and this backs my statement that Lacy would kill him.

Yes i can't wait for tomorrow, i really think Peter makes a huge statement for himself tomorrow. People are going to see why i kept preaching about Reid being his new trainer and what a difference it will make. Toney's in trouble coming in heavy again but Peter also came in heavy which i didn't like but both of their cardios have been bad as of late so it might not be a factor.

Yea Mayweather still spewing excuses about Margarito. I love when Kenny calls him on something and makes him look stupid or a liar. That was ignorant to say what he said about Kenny not ever fighting and not knowing boxing, obviously he knows his shit enough to give people facts about fights that happened long ago and what's going on in the current time. He also never pulls punches and he'll always say what he thought of a fight and who he thought won even if they're sitting right next to him, i love that. Plus i usually am on the same page as him when it comes to that. Mayweather's an idiot, i never liked him but always respected his skills.

Looks like Green almost had a ko but he held on and now Green is gassed! lol Good freakin fight!

Afro
09-02-2006, 05:39 AM
its lookin like the 10th round needs to be a 10-8 round for Green to win

Afro
09-02-2006, 05:43 AM
I gave Green that last round, dont know if it'll be enough but I think bein in OK he squeeks out the decision but hes got a looooooong ways to go before he can beat Lacey.

Afro
09-02-2006, 05:46 AM
98-91?!?!?! is it that easy to be a judge these days?

Luis Cruz
09-02-2006, 05:54 AM
Those scores were crackish! Obvious bias judging, i hate that shit. But anyways people that watched knows he struggled with a guy whose really a jr middleweight/middleweight. He's got a ways to go! This sucks no more Wednesday Night Fights and now no more Friday Night Fights! This shit should be year around, i hate when boxing takes a break because it's the one thing i know i can watch weekly since mma isn't quite as big yet.

Chaves Jr. is fighting again soon and his next fight is the guy that tko'd his dad during his farewell tour last year. He was suppose to fight this last year right after that happened but it fell thru for some reason. It kind of lost some steam because the guy has been ko'd twice, I THINK, since then.

Oh and Gary Ritter, the guy you always see reffing these friday night fights, is by leaps and bounds the best ref in the game right now. He took over as my favorite ref months ago maybe a year or so ago. I like him better than Joe Cortez who i always and still do regard as one of the best out there. Ritter stays out of the fight and you don't see him at all unless he is absolutely needed. He has NEVER stopped a fight early and always gives the fighter every chance to come back no matter how bad they look as long as they want to go on he lets them. My question is, why the hell is this guy on FNF and not doing ppvs or championship fights??? Mark my words this guy will be the next big named ref and he'll be considered the best ref out there very soon when they promote him to major cards, you heard it here first, the best ref since Mills Lane!