PDA

View Full Version : BCS National Championship Title Game LSU vs Ohio State

twankydawg
12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm a big LSU fan so I'm glad to see them in it, Ohio is in big trouble, they are 0-8 against the SEC! Geaux Tigers!!

Legend
12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Geaux Tigers! This season has been fucking crazy and LSU has had the most exciting season by far imo. It's just fitting the way this season has gone that after we think we are out of the picture for good things go crazy again and all of a sudden we are right back in there. I'm just glad we have over a month to heal. If we go in there healthy then we can display our true potential.

twankydawg
12-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Geaux Tigers! This season has been fucking crazy and LSU has had the most exciting season by far imo. It's just fitting the way this season has gone that after we think we are out of the picture for good things go crazy again and all of a sudden we are right back in there. I'm just glad we have over a month to heal. If we go in there healthy then we can display our true potential.

Didn't know you were an LSU fan Legend, you just went up a couple of notches in my book! LOL

Yeah, if we can heal Dorsey, Flynn, and Holliday, Ohio is going to be in for a bad night!

Doggage
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Bring it on baby...the Buckeyes WILL be ready. It's Ohio State's #1 defense vs. LSU's #3 defense. Should be a great game, and I'm glad we can still give Miles a taste of what its like to play Ohio State since it looks like he won't be coming to Michigan. Good luck to you guys.

Legend
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Didn't know you were an LSU fan Legend, you just went up a couple of notches in my book! LOL

Yeah, if we can heal Dorsey, Flynn, and Holliday, Ohio is going to be in for a bad night!

Ohh yeah I am a die hard LSU fan. Yeah if Dorsey, Flynn, and Holliday are healthy then I like are chances allot. I'm most worried about Dorsey bc he has the knee problems and the tail bone problems. Goddamn Auburn. It will also be nice to give Hester a break. I mean the guy is a tank but he has to be worn down after all he has done for us this season.

P.S. To answer your question in the rep you gave me I was born and raised in Baton Rouge. What part of Louisiana are you from?

Legend
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Damn, If Clemson would have beat Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech....All games which they should have won, they would be #1 in the country right now.

Anyway, who you guys taking in the Chick-Fil-A bowl?

Clemson or Auburn?

Obviously, I'm taking Clemson.

lol typical Clemson fan. Delusional about how good he thinks they are.

Legend
12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
You don't think we should have won the 3 games we lost?

Clemson Tigers are the real Tigers.

Anyway, Whose your Pick, Auburn or Clemson?

In a word no. I see Auburn winning.

Legend
12-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a powerhouse program:lmfao:

lol really. I live in Greenville, SC so I have to hear this bullshit on a regular basis. I mean the delusional shit people say about Clemson is unbelievable. Like this one asshole not to long ago was talking about how if Clemson had not lost those three games they would be in the national title game. What a fucking idiot.

twankydawg
12-04-2007, 07:42 AM
lol really. I live in Greenville, SC so I have to hear this bullshit on a regular basis. I mean the delusional shit people say about Clemson is unbelievable. Like this one asshole not to long ago was talking about how if Clemson had not lost those three games they would be in the national title game. What a fucking idiot.

LOL, I just pm'd you that question.

Ohio pads their schedule, we played 7 ranked teams this season, how many did Ohio play? How many did Clemson play?

Legend
12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
LOL, I just pm'd you that question.

Ohio pads their schedule, we played 7 ranked teams this season, how many did Ohio play? How many did Clemson play?

Ohio state is in a weak conference and their non conference schedule is a fucking joke. However, they are still a very good team and I personally do not take them lightly. But with the way this season is going it's not smart to take anyone lightly.

twankydawg
12-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Ohio state is in a weak conference and their non conference schedule is a fucking joke. However, they are still a very good team and I personally do not take them lightly. But with the way this season is going it's not smart to take anyone lightly.

We haven't had a healthy team all year, this could be the first game where we have everyone healthy, and that won't be good for OSU.

I'll take LSU in a sig/av bet if anyone is interested! :grinsmile1:

Legend
12-04-2007, 08:04 AM
We haven't had a healthy team all year, this could be the first game where we have everyone healthy, and that won't be good for OSU.

I'll take LSU in a sig/av bet if anyone is interested! :grinsmile1:

Well at the very beginning of the year we were in good shape. Back when we beat VT by 41. So I am excited to see us play our last game with a month to recover from the hell that is an SEC season.

twankydawg
12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Well at the very beginning of the year we were in good shape. Back when we beat VT by 41. So I am excited to see us play our last game with a month to recover from the hell that is an SEC season.

I'll 2nd that. The SEC is always a brutal conference, now people are starting to see what we've known for a long time.

Doggage
12-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Ohio pads their schedule, we played 7 ranked teams this season, how many did Ohio play?

Purdue, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. And we don't always have as easy of a schedule as this year. Don't you remember the last two years with Texas? And the next two years we will be playing USC.

eazye76
12-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Normally I would give Ohio St about a 25% chance of winning, because of their record against the SEC and the brutality that took place last year against Floridia, plus I thik their grossly overated. BUT since this game is in NO I think LSU will destroy them - ask Oklahoma, and Notre Dame about playing playing LSU "at home".

I'm a Tennessee fan, and I know what the fucking Tigers are capable of, and if they get their Tackle and QB's back it might get ugly.

Discalimer - Us Vols fans don't like the Buckeyes :D

TheBonger
12-04-2007, 02:53 PM
first of I am back, been away for a bit but I have returned. This is my first return post because this system is the biggest fucking sham ever. There is no National Champion this year, most years there isn't because there is no playoff and everything is slanted too the traditional powers it is the only league I know of where you can win every fucking game and not have a chance in hell at a championship. And I know I will get alittle flame for this because of the several LSU fans but it is a complete bullshit agruement that LSU>Georgia because LSU won the SEC and the Dawgs didnt. That agruement holds no water , LSU and Georgia play in different divisions of the SEC so they play different schedules and guess what there conference records were identical so if Georgia were in the mucher weaker West division they would have been in the title game and LSU would have had a tiebreaker. Since Oct 13, LSU is 5-2 while GA is 6-0, I just think justifing jumping LSU that high because they got too play in the weaker division and made the title game with the same conference record while GA missed out due too an early loss too Tenn. Anyways this is all a joke until they get a playoff system.

TheBonger
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I think Oklahoma even has a better arguement than LSU. They were ahead of LSU in the BCS going into last weekend, they beat Mizz (the #1 ranked team in the country @ the time) and win the Big 12 and somehow LSU jumps ahead of Oklahoma b/c of a 7 point win over #14 Tenn? How does that work?

I agree we need a playoff

i agree about OK as well, not only did they beat a better or higher ranked team but they blew them outta the water while LSU slipped by a underacheiving Tenn team. And its not just the Title game that gets screwed up, is there really anyone on here that wants too make an agruement for Illionois getting the BCS atlarge and going too the Rose bowl over teams like Florida,Mizzou or ASU? It is fucking retarded that the Big Ten gets all that extra cash because the Rose insists on having Big Ten/Pac10 and that deserving teams are playing in Cotten and Capitol One bowls where Illi should be.

Salvy_Mic
12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I've really grown to hate the BCS, every couple of years, two truly deserving teams will play in the national title game (Ohio State/Miami, Texas/USC), but otherwise, it's gotten us nothing but mismatches and second guesses. If they're not gonna go to a playoff, the next best thing to do would be to have the big 4 bowls with the traditional (or new) bowl allegiances (Rose- Pac10 vs. Big 10; Sugar- SEC vs. at-large; Orange- ACC vs. at-large; Fiesta- Big12 vs. at-large). After these bowls are played, do another set of rankings afterwards, and have the top 2 teams play each other a week or so later. So this year, under that proposed system, we would have seen:

Rose: Ohio St. vs. USC
Sugar: LSU vs. Hawaii
Orange: Virginia Tech vs. Georgia
Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia

Now tell me you couldn't get a pair of true, certifiable #1 and #2 ranked teams out of these matchups.

eazye76
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Or we could ask Arkansas whats it like to play LSU @ home :grinsmile1:

Tres is going to coach circles around that fool Les Miles
Tressel got embarrassed last year by Urban Meyer at a neutral site, what the hell makes you think it's going to be any better against the guy that beat Meyer, who is playing a virtual home game:confusedsmilie: Fucking Tressel lost to Ron Zook for fuck's sake!

I do want to congratulate Jim Laurinaitis for winning the Nagurski Award(nations top D player), oh wait he didn't win it, Glenn Dorsey did.

This coming from a delusional Clemson fan.

Im not worried @ all, everyone said this same crap in '02 when we played Miami for the title.
So is Ohio st. going to take a cheap shot at Jacob Hester and break his leg in to two pieces like they had to do to Willis McGahee to win back in '02?

Legend
12-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Non conf schedule? La Tech, Tulane, M Tenn St., plz-LSU does it too. OSU just likes to keep that money in state when we schedule wins.

LSU is in the SEC and we have a brutal conference schedule every year not to mention we played VT (ACC Champs) who were ranked #9 at the time. I like how you neglected to mention them.

eazye76
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Please, I dont think anyone thinks Les Miles is a better coach than Tres. This will be Jims 6th national title as a headcoach if he wins, and 3rd D1 title game in 6 years. 4 BCS bowl wins in 7 years as the coach of OSU. PLease, anyone can play the "this guy beat him" game acting like those stats even matter. If any major school had the opportunity to get either Les or Jim @ the same price-Its Jim, 100% of the time. Les Miles is a well known douche bag too :valh2: .

McGahee went out in the 4th quarter on a completly clean hit, he just got blasted. Not worried about Hester anyways, the #1 defense in the country is gonna humble that kid.
aBeanie Wells > Hester anyways. And if your acting like we won b/c McGahee went out in the 4th your nuts, they never led in that game. Your just a OSU hater, lets get real

they never led in that game
Miami scored the first touchdown Dude!!!!!!!!!!

Mcgahee went out in the first of the 4th quarter when Miami was driving, the game went into 2 overtimes, you don't think that had any effect on the game?

I think your forgetting some things about the game.

eazye76
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah I forgot they scored the first TD but that was it. Secondly, dont act like Miami was a better team. 13 Buckeyes that year were drafted to the NFL. They went 14-0. Silver bullet defense son. People like you will always make excuses no matter what-its football, people get hurt, deal with it (or in your case, cry about it). Do you hear me bitching about Tedd Ginn going out in the first play of the national championship game last year? Nope, shit happens.
BTW, your a Vols fan....Self owned

OSU's football program vs. Tenn since 2000.....Ummm, yeah. Im sure you will blame it on your super hard conference though.
These arguments are lame as hell. I'm about done with this shit, but please answer me one question - What happened last year against Florida? That OSU team was better than this year and you got your ass stomped, was it a fluke, did OSU not come to play? Why is it going to be any different this year.

OSU's football program vs. Tenn since 2000
OK you guys have been a lot better since 2000, but since '96 we're 1-0 head to head, and isn't Ohio State something like 0-8 against our "super hard conference"?

****Edit**** just fact checked their 0-7 against the SEC

2002 31-28 (Lost to South Carolina)
2001 24-7 (Lost to South Carolina)
1996 20-14 (Lost to Tennessee)
1995 24-17 (Lost to Alabama)
1993 21-14 (Lost to Georgia)
1990 31-14 ((Lost to Auburn)
1978 35-6 (Lost to Alabama)

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/florida-football/2006/12/19/ohio-state-is-0-7-against-sec-teams-in-bowl-games/

JimmyMoore
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
09/01 YSU
09/08 Akron
09/15 Washington
09/22 Northwestern
09/29 Minnesota
10/06 #23 Purdue
10/13 Kent St.
10/20 Michigan St.
10/27 #25 Penn State
11/03 #21 Wisconsin (now #18)
11/10 Illinois (now #13)
11/17 #21 Michigan

Just wanted to post this for anyone who hasnt seen it. Ohio St. played 4 "ranked" teams none of whom were in the top 20. Only two of the teams are currently ranked, one of which they lost to at home. Put another way, Ohio State is 1-1 against currently ranked opponents and haven't beaten anyone higher than #18. Their preconference schedule was shit. The Big Ten is shit. The BCS is shit.

Legend
12-04-2007, 08:45 PM
first of I am back, been away for a bit but I have returned. This is my first return post because this system is the biggest fucking sham ever. There is no National Champion this year, most years there isn't because there is no playoff and everything is slanted too the traditional powers it is the only league I know of where you can win every fucking game and not have a chance in hell at a championship. And I know I will get alittle flame for this because of the several LSU fans but it is a complete bullshit agruement that LSU>Georgia because LSU won the SEC and the Dawgs didnt. That agruement holds no water , LSU and Georgia play in different divisions of the SEC so they play different schedules and guess what there conference records were identical so if Georgia were in the mucher weaker West division they would have been in the title game and LSU would have had a tiebreaker. Since Oct 13, LSU is 5-2 while GA is 6-0, I just think justifing jumping LSU that high because they got too play in the weaker division and made the title game with the same conference record while GA missed out due too an early loss too Tenn. Anyways this is all a joke until they get a playoff system.

So bc Georgia was ranked higher in the BCS going into last Saturday and were idol that weekend that means they should get the nod to the national title game. And they were only ranked higher at the time bc they have went longer without losing. And overall you have a point about the West being weaker then the East this year. However, with the exception of Georgia LSU beat the two best teams in the East this year those being Tennessee & Florida. They also beat South Carolina. So that means LSU actually beat both the teams that hung loses on Georgia while Georgia only beat one of LSU's that being Kentucky. Not winning your conference let alone your division and only real argument being that Georgia was ranked higher at the time just does not hold water imo.

I think Oklahoma even has a better arguement than LSU. They were ahead of LSU in the BCS going into last weekend, they beat Mizz (the #1 ranked team in the country @ the time) and win the Big 12 and somehow LSU jumps ahead of Oklahoma b/c of a 7 point win over #14 Tenn? How does that work?

I agree we need a playoff

Oklahoma was not ranked higher then LSU going into last Saturday. OK was #9 and LSU was #7. Ok would have had to jump LSU to make the title game. And yes Missouri was ranked higher then Tennessee, however, with that game OK has only played 3 ranked teams while LSU has played 7.

i agree about OK as well, not only did they beat a better or higher ranked team but they blew them outta the water while LSU slipped by a underacheiving Tenn team. And its not just the Title game that gets screwed up, is there really anyone on here that wants too make an agruement for Illionois getting the BCS atlarge and going too the Rose bowl over teams like Florida,Mizzou or ASU? It is fucking retarded that the Big Ten gets all that extra cash because the Rose insists on having Big Ten/Pac10 and that deserving teams are playing in Cotten and Capitol One bowls where Illi should be.

SEC is a better conference and the fact that OK beat Mizz by a much larger margin then LSU beat Tennessee is misleading bc some of our best players were watching from the bench. Like our starting QB and the best D lineman in the country before he got injured. So the fact that we still won despite the injuries says allot about our team.

Now even though my team is one win away from a national title I completely agree that we need a playoff. And the fact that Mizz is left out of a BCS bowl game while Kansas and Illinois get in is complete bullshit. But the thing to remember is that the bowls them selfs pick who gets the invite to play in their bowl game. The BCS itself has much less to do with it then most people think. So as far as that goes people should be made at the people who run those particular bowl games and not so much the BCS system.

eazye76
12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Lets see where to start...

0-8....Going back to 1903 with that one, ouch (seriously now, c'mon). OK heres a better one OSU is 0-7 against the SEC since 1990, and they lost 2 straight to S. Carolina - nobody loses to S. Carolina.

Ginn went out the first play of the game on that kickoff return for a touchdown.
Didn't you tell me to quit crying when I made the statement that McGahee went out in their game, so I don't give me the injury shit - where was Anthony Gonzolaz?.

Flordia had a good game plan as well, and Leak probally played the best game of his career.
You don't think OSU's defense(or lack their of) had something to do with that. Same for the cover 2, not working and Smith looking bad. It was due to the play of the Florida D-line. I don't know about Leak, but the line probably had their best game ever.

You were beat twice this year, by a Kentucky and Arkansas teams I know OSU would roll over.
Arkansas - Darren Mcfadden - Heisman Canidate/top 3 pick in the draft(easily could be #1)
Kentucky - Team w/ QB ranked in the top 10 on Scouts inc Draft Board.

Hey, there is some good news for the Vols...Womens basketball season is here :laughing4:
I really don't care, I don't watch women's b-ball. In other words I pay as much attention to it as you do football.

you were right the first time @ 0-8 btw, you left out the title game last year
Pardon me, It's worse than I realized.

Quit living in the John Cooper era bro
Who the fuck is John Cooper?

twankydawg
12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah I forgot they scored the first TD but that was it. Secondly, dont act like Miami was a better team. 13 Buckeyes that year were drafted to the NFL. They went 14-0. Silver bullet defense son. People like you will always make excuses no matter what-its football, people get hurt, deal with it (or in your case, cry about it). Do you hear me bitching about Tedd Ginn going out in the first play of the national championship game last year? Nope, shit happens.
BTW, your a Vols fan....Self owned

OSU's football program vs. Tenn since 2000.....Ummm, yeah. Im sure you will blame it on your super hard conference though.

OSU plays a weak schedule dude. They lost to the 2nd best team in the SEC last year. LSU played 7 ranked teams this season, how many did OSU play? OSU plays a padded schedule and their conference isn't anywhere near as tough as the SEC. We lost 2 very close games this year to teams that would probably be in the top 2 or 3 in most conferences in the country.

When was the last time OSU played a schedule where they played 7 ranked teams?

OSU 0-8 against the SEC, care to elaborate why that is? Florida didn't just beat you guys last year, they demolished you. Florida will probably win the national championship next year.

I think the National Championship this year should've been LSU vs Ga.

eazye76
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
This is ridiculous, at this point instead of offering well informed, true, non hypocritical statements, I'm going to resort to this...

You can't Spell Cocksucker Without O.S.U.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/eazye_76/OHIOSTATESUCKS-1.jpg
You Can't Spell Overrated Cocksucker Without it Either.

Doggage
12-05-2007, 12:02 PM
This is a fun thread to say the least....

Ohio State will win the National Championship because of our #1 ranked defense. OSU only allowed 128 points all year, LSU allowed over 250. Granted, you did play an extra game, but Tenn only put up 14. Your offense did produce more points, but that's because you had to in order to win because your defense allowed 20 points a game. The other reason we will win this game is Chris Wells. Wells will be a Heisman candidate next year for sure, he put up almost 1,500 yeards and had 14 TD's. Hester put up slightly over 1,000 and had 11 TD's with an extra game on Wells where he ran for 120. Wells had a nagging ankle injury throughout the year, leading him to only having 4 carries for 17 yeards in the Kent St. game. Once he healed up a bit, he finished the last 5 games of the year averaging 164 yards and 1.6 TDs a game. Bring it on LSU!!!!:cool2:

eazye76
12-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Typical Tennessee fan. A shitty redneck school known for womens basketball and catfish noodling, why would I expect anything less.
Oh, so we're reverting to name calling now.

So what exactly is a buckeye, and how many can you fit in your vagina?

JimmyMoore
12-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Dude, the "weak schedule" arguement is getting played out. OSU and LSU both scheduled 3 wins on their schedule. OSU had Akron, Kent State, and Youngstown State. LSU scheduled Middle Tennessee St., Tulane, and La Tech.

The other game scheduled by OSU was Washington, which was scheduled 7 years ago and which was a top 25 program @ the time (just like we had Texas the last 2 years and USC the next 2 years). Cant really help it if their program goes to shit. And the conference schedule of course-gotta schedule those games, good teams or bad.

So to summarize, Ohio State's whole schedule was shit and they lost, at HOME, to one of the only two teams they played worth a shit. I feel it needs to be reiterated, 1-1 against currently ranked teams and haven't beaten anyone ranked above #18.

JimmyMoore
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
And again, look @ Arkansas schedule/record and get back to me. Your from Texas too, you must still be mad about the ass whipin OSU layed on the Longhorns last year

Because Arkansas and Texas have something to do with Ohio State advancing to the National Championship by beating high school teams?

eazye76
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
You can clearly see I have some sort of affilation with OSU wrestling, I cant stand by and let a Vols fan, of all schools, take cuts @ OSU
Damn man, I'm really sorry. I didn't know you were affiliated w/ Ohio st. I wouldn't have said anything. I thought you were a wrestler at Oklahoma St.

Typical Tennessee fan. A shitty redneck school known for womens basketball and catfish noodling, why would I expect anything less.

I will give Tennessee props though, your states inbreading will always give the rest of us a good laugh.

http://xot.bravehost.com/INBRED01.jpg

Your Attempt at insulting me with a pic didn't work. My "inbreed, Redneck" ass can operate a computer and you can't - what does that say about you? :laughing4:

For real though, I'm starting to feel like I'm 10, so I'm done with this... just one more

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/eazye_76/ohiosucks.jpg

twankydawg
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Well twanky, if you would have taken any time to read the thread you created then you would have realized that I addressed every question you just asked. John Cooper was 0-7 vs. SEC teams (read above post). Yes, OSU did lose to Florida last year (which you say is the 2nd best team in the SEC last year), I think we have established that point by now. Dident LSU lose to the 5th and 6th best teams in the SEC this year?

Dude, the "weak schedule" arguement is getting played out. OSU and LSU both scheduled 3 wins on their schedule. OSU had Akron, Kent State, and Youngstown State. LSU scheduled Middle Tennessee St., Tulane, and La Tech.

The other game scheduled by OSU was Washington, which was scheduled 7 years ago and which was a top 25 program @ the time (just like we had Texas the last 2 years and USC the next 2 years). Cant really help it if their program goes to shit. And the conference schedule of course-gotta schedule those games, good teams or bad.

If you are really projecting OSU will lose b/c they destroyed a bunch of shitty teams, well, I hope thats not how you place your bets. And if you are using the "you played shitty teams" theory, lets look @ this. Arkansas, a team that beat LSU and put up 50 POINTS on them.

09/01 Troy W 46-26
09/15 at Alabama L 41-38
09/22 #21 Kentucky L 42-29
09/29 N Texas W 66-7
10/06 UT-Chatt W 34-15
10/13 #22 Auburn L 9-7
10/20 at Ole Miss W 44-8
10/27 Fla Int'l W 58-10
11/03 S Carolina W 48-36
11/10 at #24 Tennessee L 34-13
11/17 Miss St W 45-31
11/23 at #1 LSU W 50-48

Troy, Fla Int, UT Chatt, N Tex,-Loses to Tenn, Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky. They seemed to do just fine.......Every ranked team they played they lost-except LSU...hmmmm

The weak schedule is played out....how many ranked teams did OSU play?
LSU played 7

And how can you talk shit about their defense when they played NO ONE?
LSU played 2 teams with Heisman candidates running their offense, how many times did you guys see that? Arkansas put up 50 points in Triple OT and had a Heisman candidate running the offense, did you even realize that? Arkansas would destroy OSU's Defense.

What did OSU's strength of schedule look like?

LSU's was in the top 10 in the country I believe, and we have 1 more loss than OSU playing much tougher comp with some of our best players injured. I know guys that are big OSU fans and they are like "FUCK", they just know it won't be good when they go to New Orleans.

I will give Tennessee props though, your states inbreading will always give the rest of us a good laugh.

http://xot.bravehost.com/INBRED01.jpg

Name calling is uncalled for man, Neg'd.

This is a fun thread to say the least....

Ohio State will win the National Championship because of our #1 ranked defense. OSU only allowed 128 points all year, LSU allowed over 250. Granted, you did play an extra game, but Tenn only put up 14. Your offense did produce more points, but that's because you had to in order to win because your defense allowed 20 points a game. The other reason we will win this game is Chris Wells. Wells will be a Heisman candidate next year for sure, he put up almost 1,500 yeards and had 14 TD's. Hester put up slightly over 1,000 and had 11 TD's with an extra game on Wells where he ran for 120. Wells had a nagging ankle injury throughout the year, leading him to only having 4 carries for 17 yeards in the Kent St. game. Once he healed up a bit, he finished the last 5 games of the year averaging 164 yards and 1.6 TD’s a game. Bring it on LSU!!!!:cool2:

Well, we'll see man, I think you guys haven't seen a team like LSU all season so they better be ready for an all out war.

#1 ranked defense schmefense, who did you guys play, we played 2 teams with Heisman candidates and 7 ranked teams. How does OSU compare to those stats?

eazye76
12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
And Arkansas would destroy OSU's defense? Auburn and Tennessee embarrassed them...
Auburn embarrassed Arkansas???? I watched the Fucking game and I could have sworn it was 9-7, and in a football game I fail to see how that's very embarrassing. Some factual info probably wouldn't hurt your case.

eazye76
12-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I meant the statement in a "defense vs. Arkansas offense" sense, but I guess I have to spell everything out for you. The previous converstation twanky and I were having was discussing Arkansas offense, and how twanky claimed they would run through OSU's D. Would you like me to spell anything else out for you?
I read the post again - You did not say that. You may have meant it but you did not say it. Your really not very good at expressing yourself through writing are you?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/eazye_76/congratulationsidiottshcy1.jpg

BTW-

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/eazye_76/michigan-1.jpg

eazye76
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Whats your level of education, eazye76? And what do you do for a living, if you dont mind me asking

Edit: I just checked, Tennessee is the 42nd dumbest state (in terms of education), so the second question would be just fine

Look @ that, Louisiana is #47....
Had to neg you for the natural ice/welfare remark, and for bringing "the dumbest states".

As for my education leval and what I do, It's really none of your godamn buisness. But since you seem so interested in my personal life - I'm about to graduate college, and my primary job is pachage courier for distance education. I'm music director for my local radio station. Yeah, I'm a real inbred loser w/ no education. :fingersmilie:

And before you start to tell me anything about yourself - I really don't give a fuck.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/eazye_76/adams.jpg

Mac
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
You 2 need a time out, this is getting way to personal and emotional.

If anything the way the BCS has played out this year just proves the need for a change. A playoff would be the way to go because the system sucks right now.

Mizzou beats up Kansas and because of that Kansas doesn't play last week, so Mizzou loses to Oklahoma and now Kansas gets a BCS bowl game and Mizzou is out. Kansas strength of schedual is 109 out of 119, Mizzou's is 26.:confusedsmilie: Fucking baffling.

Oh by the way osuwrestling, does Laurinitis yell: whaaaat a ruuuuush!!!! when he takes the field? Seriously, I hope the Rams draft him this year. We need a linebacker to go with Witherspoon and Tinoisamoa.

Mac
12-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I think the rams have a good chance of picking him up too. If a teams hunting for a LB hes gotta be your first choice. Dan Connor, Keith Rivers, and Ali Highsmith are all good LB's too.
I think the rams will take Jake Long though.
Yeah, offensive line is our biggest needbut we need guards and center depending on what goes on with Pace, but I guess long could play either guard spots.

I like Dan Connor and Curtis Lofton (OK) but Laurinitis is a stud.

Mac
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, you're right, it depends on what goes on with Pace. I read somewhere the other day he had only played 9 games since '05, but if hes ready to go in '08 a LB might be a good choice for the Rams.
We need to address our offensive line problems through free agency. Unless there is a Pace or Ogden out there I think you need to get an impact player in the first round.

vore9000
12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm late gettin to this one but w/e

I am an Arkansan and I'm pickin LSU over the Buckeyes

Even though they have a sore asshole after playing us :D

WAR ARKANSAS

WAR LSU

WAR SEC

that is all...

Maniac
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
You 2 need a time out, this is getting way to personal and emotional.

If anything the way the BCS has played out this year just proves the need for a change. A playoff would be the way to go because the system sucks right now.

Mizzou beats up Kansas and because of that Kansas doesn't play last week, so Mizzou loses to Oklahoma and now Kansas gets a BCS bowl game and Mizzou is out. Kansas strength of schedual is 109 out of 119, Mizzou's is 26.:confusedsmilie: Fucking baffling.

Oh by the way osuwrestling, does Laurinitis yell: whaaaat a ruuuuush!!!! when he takes the field? Seriously, I hope the Rams draft him this year. We need a linebacker to go with Witherspoon and Tinoisamoa.
Exactly!!! F both of your "Beefs". If you were a Mizzou fan you'd have a reason to BITCH!

Watch my avatar!!!!!

Edit: Mac.....see you in the finals in 2 weeks!

Maniac
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm late gettin to this one but w/e

I am an Arkansan and I'm pickin LSU over the Buckeyes

Even though they have a sore asshole after playing us :D

WAR ARKANSAS

WAR LSU

WAR SEC

that is all...
*NO DISRESPECT*

You will have to deal w/ the wrath of the MU TIgers now! (Sugar Bowl)
Sorry McFadden!

Mizzou............AGAIN!!!

Mac
12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Exactly!!! F both of your "Beefs". If you were a Mizzou fan you'd have a reason to BITCH!

Watch my avatar!!!!!

Edit: Mac.....see you in the finals in 2 weeks!
Lol, how I stayed at the top all year with no QB is fucking baffling. I gues defense really does win championships.

twankydawg
12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Twanky, you do realize that our #1 defense has 3 first round draft picks on it, right? The nations #1 linebacker and the nations top shut down corner. Along with the second best DE in the country. ESPN has them going 8, 15, 16 (early for predictions, I know). Your D on the other hand is the most over rated defense in the country. 6 of 8 teams in the SEC scored 24 points or more on you. You cant stop good running backs, lets face it. McFadden made LSU's defense look like a bunch of highschool kids, along with their offensive line pushing your D off the ball 10 yards every play.

Athlete to athlete OSU matches up just fine with LSU, and you know it. Tres is a better coach than Les Miles. Keep telling yourself that LSU playing a harder schedule is the reason they will win. We'll see in January.

And Arkansas would destroy OSU's defense? Auburn and Tennessee embarrassed them, not to mention they lost to every ranked team they played, except of course, LSU. Sounds like the only stat you keep throwing out is "we play better people!"..lol...good luck

Once again, how many Heisman candidates did OSU line up against this season?

Your defense looks good when you are playing guys with the talent of a Juco squad, that's the point I'm making.

Pay attention here ok, LSU played against 3 of the top 10 QB's in the country, against the top Running back in the country, and playing people of that caliber is just something Ohio hasn't seen this season. I never made a claim our defense was the best in the country, but it's one of the best, and I would love to see how you guys would handle Tim Tebow or Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones, you guys haven't seen anything near the caliber of those guys all season, but you keep trumpeting how good the defense is and maybe you'll believe it, because I don't.

I heard all this same shit last year when you guys were going to play Florida, that game opened alot of peoples eyes to the power of the SEC, but apparently you weren't watching. I know you think Ohio is great but they aren't playing a team in the lower 25 this game, they are playing a top 5 team for the first time this season, and I like our odds with that.

Whats your level of education, eazye76? And what do you do for a living, if you dont mind me asking

Edit: I just checked, Tennessee is the 42nd dumbest state (in terms of education), so the second question would be just fine

Look @ that, Louisiana is #47....I say we continue out school/persons bashing in personal IM's, so the game can actually get discussed in the thread

Dude, that's uncalled for, did I take any personal shots at you? No, shots like that for no reason toward other people on here will get your ass banned.

You want to talk about something as far as education, let's talk about what really matters, what is your IQ score? I don't have a fucking degree, I make 100k a year, and I've sat next to guys with college degrees when I was 25 years old who were making 40k a year and couldn't figure out how I was banging out 6 figures.

How old are you? You're coming across pretty fucking juvenile here.

twankydawg
01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Geaux Tigers!!!!

iverbure
01-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Looks like Ohio State is coming back strong, and this game could be tied if not for that near missed block punt.

Legend
01-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Nuff said

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9076/erdrsteofrvwjcx20080108kx2.jpg

twankydawg
01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Twanky, you do realize that our #1 defense has 3 first round draft picks on it, right? The nations #1 linebacker and the nations top shut down corner. Along with the second best DE in the country. ESPN has them going 8, 15, 16 (early for predictions, I know). Your D on the other hand is the most over rated defense in the country. 6 of 8 teams in the SEC scored 24 points or more on you. You cant stop good running backs, lets face it. McFadden made LSU's defense look like a bunch of highschool kids, along with their offensive line pushing your D off the ball 10 yards every play.

Athlete to athlete OSU matches up just fine with LSU, and you know it. Tres is a better coach than Les Miles. Keep telling yourself that LSU playing a harder schedule is the reason they will win. We'll see in January.

And Arkansas would destroy OSU's defense? Auburn and Tennessee embarrassed them, not to mention they lost to every ranked team they played, except of course, LSU. Sounds like the only stat you keep throwing out is "we play better people!"..lol...good luck

All I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/589457.jpg

eazye76
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
With all due respect to Ohio St, it looked to me like it should have been LSU/USC in that game. Tressel was out coached, and they just weren't physical enough to compete, and the defense wasn't nearly as fast as Kirk Herbstreit tried to tell us for the last month.

:deadhorse:

twankydawg
01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
With all due respect to Ohio St, it looked to me like it should have been LSU/USC in that game. Tressel was out coached, and they just weren't physical enough to compete, and the defense wasn't nearly as fast as Kirk Herbstreit tried to tell us for the last month.

:deadhorse:

I agree man! The 2 best teams in the country were LSU and Georgia, too bad they are in the same conference, that woulda been a hell of a game. The OSU defense looked good all year because they didn't play anyone. I was impressed with Wells, they should've ran him more, that's the coaches fault.

kylewyzle2005
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
hell yea! LSU wins! now all im waiting on is the Cowboys to win the superbowl. and yes, they will make it

Beowulf
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I would love to see how you guys would handle Tim Tebow or Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones,

they got a LITTLE taste of tebow last year, and couldnt even handle that

twankydawg
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
they got a LITTLE taste of tebow last year, and couldnt even handle that

LMAO! Rep'd!

Legend
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM

Look @ that, Louisiana is #47....I say we continue out school/persons bashing in personal IM's, so the game can actually get discussed in the thread

lol how ironic don't you think douche bag.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8572/lsuohioro3.jpg

twankydawg
01-14-2008, 10:45 PM

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8572/lsuohioro3.jpg

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is fucking priceless!!!

eazye76
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Tressel looks more like a math teacher than a football coach

My favorite part is when he was talking about what a great coach Ohio St. had. I suppose if the object of football is to get killed in the Nat'l champ game, then Tressel is a great coach, hell, maybe the best ever.