PDA

View Full Version : Losing the fat

King Fisher
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I have decided to start eating better and trying to get myself back into shape.
I'm not ready for the hardcore workout yet, but I'm headed in the wrong direction in terms of my fitness.

Here is my fat ass now (Taken in May)

The only fitness I am currently getting is playing in a pretty competitivehockey league on Sundays (Beer league)

Any support/encouragement and or help would be greatly appreciated!

Paytheplayer
12-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Good luck in ur journey, although Beer leagues can be part of a downfall as most of the guys I play with all witness first hand. Our Pick-up team plays in tournies every other months for shits, and we get a guaranteed 3 games, each guy probably downs atleast 20 per tourny, which only lasts 1 and a half days. That, mixed with the fact we play 2 times a week pickup, which they down a 6 pack before that game too now imagine the calories in that! Personally, im gettin into shape also and i stay away from gettin drunk before playing, im more or less using the time for the extra cardio excercise.

DirtyDirtBiker
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Good luck man!

Diets are a bit hard sometimes, you really have to know what your doing. You gotta start by seeing how much calories your body burns in a day, then try to see how much you eat in a day.

If you don't train much, its better to eat less then you burn, as a result you'll start losing fat.

If you start training a lot, I was reading that you actually need to eat more then your burning, it sounds messed but it was true for me.

I would go into greater detail, but that might take a while, so if you need any help just to see how much your burning or diet plans, let me know :)

King Fisher
12-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Good luck in ur journey, although Beer leagues can be part of a downfall as most of the guys I play with all witness first hand. Our Pick-up team plays in tournies every other months for shits, and we get a guaranteed 3 games, each guy probably downs atleast 20 per tourny, which only lasts 1 and a half days. That, mixed with the fact we play 2 times a week pickup, which they down a 6 pack before that game too now imagine the calories in that! Personally, im gettin into shape also and i stay away from gettin drunk before playing, im more or less using the time for the extra cardio excercise.

This is definately where I feel I am doing the most damage to my body. On one hand I am doing my body good in playing a hard game, but then we are drinking before and after the game too (although usually a light beer), plus we go to the bar and eat alot of Wings/Nachos and cheese.

For now, I will use this as my reward at the end of the week.

Good luck man!

Diets are a bit hard sometimes, you really have to know what your doing. You gotta start by seeing how much calories your body burns in a day, then try to see how much you eat in a day.

If you don't train much, its better to eat less then you burn, as a result you'll start losing fat.

If you start training a lot, I was reading that you actually need to eat more then your burning, it sounds messed but it was true for me.

I would go into greater detail, but that might take a while, so if you need any help just to see how much your burning or diet plans, let me know

I think my first step is to cut the garbage out of my diet and just eating healthier in general. I've downloaded some diet guides and basic level fitness videos to get started!

Thanks for the support guys!:partysmilie1:

Clint
12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
In general there is no need to get too specific right away. You just end up overcomplicating things. I say eat as much as you want but follow this guideline:
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm

Here are links on what foods are good choices for the above:
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/leaneating_1.htm
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/leaneating_2.htm

If you know how to use torrents and such look for Gourmet Nutrition by John Berardi.

For working out just get started with whatever you can do but make sure you keep some strength training in there to keep muscle mass and some cardio as well (Sprints are some of the best, also complexes are supposed to be great for weight loss)

I finally have moved of the shit moved around in my rec room, now I just have to finish up the kitchen and I need to be taking all of this advice as well. Moving has fucked my eating/exercising completely.

King Fisher
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
If you know how to use torrents and such look for Gourmet Nutrition by John Berardi.

I downloaded that last night, and am looking over it right now:dancingsmile:

Clint
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I downloaded that last night, and am looking over it right now:dancingsmile:
The protein bars with the bananas and peanut butter rock, just do not overcook them.

KnowledgeKnown
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
You don't look that entirely out of shape. This will be easy for you if you believe it will be. Just do the right things and you'll see results soon, and feel results virtually immediatlely. Honestly i've seen fighters who look in much worse shape during their off time, and whip right back into shape. Changing your diet as you talked about and working out even moderately will be perfect for you. Good Luck!!

King Fisher
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
You don't look that entirely out of shape. This will be easy for you if you believe it will be.

I've played hockey and lacrosse at rep levels for most of my younger years, so I was just always in shape.

But of course, the introduction of beer into my life didnt exactly help my situation.

However, thanks for the vote of confidence!

AWDTSIracer
12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Well I believe this is or close to my first post here and I was going to actually introduce myself in a new thread but, I was unable to do so,therefore I thought this would be the next best thing.

The thing is I'm trying to start a diet of some sort but I would like to find a written out diet. Something that I can go to the store and buy and come home and have a quick meal. I work 3rds so my schedule differs from most. I'm morbidly obese ( lol at myself even though this is by far not funny)... I weigh about 400lbs and stand about 6ft tall... I have joined a fitness place (Anytime Fitness open 24hrs a day 7 days a week) so I do have that started but I would like to find a straight up plan. Hopefully, I can find some help here and change alot of things.

I'd like to be around ~250 lbs and pretty strong....

Currently I'm weak as hell with about 120 lbs being the common weight used for upper body machines. This is with 3 sets of 10 reps. My max is of course alot higher (around 200 lbs)...

Any help is appreciated. And guys a fat joke isn't solving anything. :deadhorse: