PDA

View Full Version : Eric Aiken fight

Afro
09-03-2006, 04:37 AM
did anyone watch this fight?

Luis Cruz
09-03-2006, 04:49 AM
Yup, all it showed was that the word on the street was right, him being champ was a fluke. lol

Afro
09-03-2006, 04:50 AM
he got hit in the groin so many times!

and the Ref had the NERVE to penalize Aiken that was such bullcrap!

subman
09-03-2006, 07:41 AM
He got worked, period. There were some questionable low shots, but I rewound and watched again; He was complaining about a LOT of clean shots.

His corner claimed they stopped the fight because of a broken hand. His complaining that won him the championship turned against him this time. He was the inferior fighter tonight, CLEARLY.

Afro
09-03-2006, 04:25 PM
im not saying he didnt get beat, he got his ass whooped but I thought it was ridiculous that the Ref penalized him after Aiken took 3 lowblows and the other guy didnt get penalized once.

Luis Cruz
09-03-2006, 04:53 PM
You're right the ref was a piece of shit and there should have at least been 2 warnings for low blows. But he got outclassed in every sense. He definately quit, his corner threatened to stop it two rounds in a row and then asked him that last time if he wanted it stopped and he shook his head yes. It was no broken hand, his corner said he was taking too much punishment a couple of times. Come back to fight another day i guess, just stay away from this guy. lol

subman
09-05-2006, 09:01 AM
im not saying he didnt get beat, he got his ass whooped but I thought it was ridiculous that the Ref penalized him after Aiken took 3 lowblows and the other guy didnt get penalized once.

Once again, like damn pro wrestling. That ref clearly had in out for Aiken. The point for holding, but nothing for the low blows? It was like he was trying to break his will/teach him a lesson for the way he won the championship. The old "ref looks the other way for hte foreign object" crap.

I'll say it again: Boxing SUCKS any more...

duran
09-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah it did look bad, but then again a viewer at home is influenced by the announcers, who kept saying the ref was incompetent, so you gotta think Aiken was jobbed. Aiken is no pussy, I am surprised he quit. The mic caught him saying he did not want to go on. The Ghost can hit, though, can't he?