PDA

View Full Version : Mods moving threads

gogoplata
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi all,
I just wanted to take a second to say that I cant figure out where my posts are getting moved to and why?

Clint
12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Okay let's break this down once:
* Your "What MMA fighter do you think you can beat thread was moved to Noob Jack City"
- I dunno who moved it but it does honestly seem like a thread you would expect from a newer poster. Worst case It is borderline fighter bashing and Best Case it is all a joke.

* Your polls getting merged into already created threads.
- We don't need 2 threads to discuss the same topic, so those threads get merged when one of us see them. The only other choice would be to close one to force everyone to post in the other.

* Articles being changed
- This can be one of two different different things.
-----Either someone already posted this thread and it was merged with that thread, making you no longer the first post because the earlier thread would come first after the merge.
-----If it just says edited by:________ at the bottom then someone just fixed formatting of the thread, we do this alot to maintain better readability of threads. Your name will still be at the top of the thread, giving you credit for starting it

We don't do these things to disrespect members we do them to keep the forum clean and running smoothly. We get threads that need their formatting tweaked and multiple postings of the same article a couple of times per day.

Noob
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I think we're kosher now.

Noob
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
We don't do these things to disrespect members we do them to keep the forum clean and running smoothly. We get threads that need their formatting tweaked and multiple postings of the same article a couple of times per day.

Agreed. It is not a matter of personal disrespect in any way. It is our job, and what we are expected to do.

I would say we get threads in need of editing, merging, or tweaking more than a couple times per day. I see at least 3-4 a day myself, and that's only the main forum and only what I personally do. Multiply that by 6 mods and you get a decent load. That's on an average day, PPV weeks and weekends are much higher volume.

2mcgrath
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
lol,when did you start using that av for a inmate

Noob
12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
^^ I always use it. I think I'm the only mod who does though. Been around for a while.

Mungo
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Agreed. It is not a matter of personal disrespect in any way. It is our job, and what we are expected to do.

I would say we get threads in need of editing, merging, or tweaking more than a couple times per day. I see at least 3-4 a day myself, and that's only the main forum and only what I personally do. Multiply that by 6 mods and you get a decent load. That's on an average day, PPV weeks and weekends are much higher volume.

Deciding that anyone on a message board is physically incapable of beating a professional mixed martial artists is a scientifically incorrect statement, therefore that is YOUR opinion. I don't think it's right to move a thread because your view is different than someone else's. I don't see how it's fighter bashing either, that is a biased opinion. Just because we're average Joe's doesn't make it 100% impossible for us to EVER even in 100 years beat a professional fighter.

What if Rampage secretly posted way back in the day on a MMA message board and encountered a similar thread that Gogo posted. Would you still feel the same way? Would it still be fighter bashing for him think some day he could beat the best? Yes it'd be dumb for someone to say tomorrow they could beat Chuck Liddell but if they say some day or if they already are a pro fighter we don't have just cause to say they can't, how do we know?

Noob
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Deciding that anyone on a message board is physically incapable of beating a professional mixed martial artists is a scientifically incorrect statement, therefore that is YOUR opinion.

It's a good thing I never said that then.

I don't think it's right to move a thread because your view is different than someone else's. I don't see how it's fighter bashing either, that is a biased opinion. Just because we're average Joe's doesn't make it 100% impossible for us to EVER even in 100 years beat a professional fighter.

The thread was not moved because anyone disagreed with the arguments being posted in the thread. It was moved because of the topic subject.

What if Rampage secretly posted way back in the day on a MMA message board and encountered a similar thread that Gogo posted. Would you still feel the same way? Would it still be fighter bashing for him think some day he could beat the best? Yes it'd be dumb for someone to say tomorrow they could beat Chuck Liddell but if they say some day or if they already are a pro fighter we don't have just cause to say they can't, how do we know?

That has no bearing on this situation. I have no opinion one way or the other on who anyone thinks they could beat. That had nothing to do with the thread being moved.

So this is clear: This had nothing to do with the opinions expressed in the thread.

Clint
12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Deciding that anyone on a message board is physically incapable of beating a professional mixed martial artists is a scientifically incorrect statement, therefore that is YOUR opinion. I don't think it's right to move a thread because your view is different than someone else's. I don't see how it's fighter bashing either, that is a biased opinion. Just because we're average Joe's doesn't make it 100% impossible for us to EVER even in 100 years beat a professional fighter.

The thread was asking who can you beat now. It is disprespecting the fightings because it is saying that somone with very little or no professional fighting experience can beat a skilled pro with plenty of experience. It is about that same as saying "any average joe can beat fight X"

It wasn't asking who can you beat with a bunch of training and experience. With enough training, dedication, and experience anyone can feasibly beat anyone.

Mungo
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM
The thread was asking who can you beat now. It is disprespecting the fightings because it is saying that somone with very little or no professional fighting experience can beat a skilled pro with plenty of experience. It is about that same as saying "any average joe can beat fight X"

It wasn't asking who can you beat with a bunch of training and experience. With enough training, dedication, and experience anyone can feasibly beat anyone.

It didn't specify about WHEN it asked who.

Clint
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
It didn't specify about WHEN it asked who.
Then it is a pointless discussion. With enough years of training and experience anybody has the potential to beat anybody else.

In that case the better question would be "Who here thinks that they have to dedication and drive to become a top professional fighter and what are you doing to make it happen?" because if it an open timeline question then it is no longer about who you can beat so much as if you actually have the willingness to do it.

Noob
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm not even sure I understand why this is being argued. It is a relative non-issue.

2mcgrath
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm not even sure I understand why this is being argued. It is a relative non-issue.

same here,its like an episode of days of our lives

Clint
12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
same here,its like an episode of days of our lives
Ooh, ooh, can I be the one that gets amnesia or have an evil twin or something.

2mcgrath
12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Ooh, ooh, can I be the one that gets amnesia or have an evil twin or something.

sure why not,we got the posters giving the drama, we just got to add alittle more,and someone has to get married and then killed, thats how it works lol

Mungo
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM
sure why not,we got the posters giving the drama, we just got to add alittle more,and someone has to get married and then killed, thats how it works lol

Wasn't trying to give any drama man I understand what they're saying now.

Good to see people here can talk without flaming though.

Clint
12-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Wasn't trying to give any drama man I understand what they're saying now.

Good to see people here can talk without flaming though.
no problem, we try to atleast listen to the forums complaints when we can.