PDA

View Full Version : Marion Barber

jesusatemyhotdog
12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Why the fuck does he not play every down?

He is the most bruising RB in the league.

ozzy2525
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Because they have Jones. Next year he will most likely be the starter because Jones is a free agent. But the Cowboys may package there first round picks to get Macfadden.

eazye76
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I've wondered that for a couple of years now. Julius Jones is good, but Barber should be the undisputed starter. I thought it would change when Parcells left.

I think you could trade Jones for some help at Strong Saftey, and let Barber carry the load.

Brutus
12-10-2007, 03:44 AM
i really dont htink he's durable enough to be an every down back. even when he was at Minnesota he split carries w/ marony. he's definately a great back, dont get me wrong, he's more of a 3rd and short or goalline guy than an everydown back. JMO

Salvy_Mic
12-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Actually, a big, physical, durable, north/south back like Barber is typically considered an every down back in the NFL. He can take a pounding and keep coming back for more. The Cowboys offense is so much better when Barber is in there, even though Jones is a very good back regardless. But this is the age of the 2 back system when every team tries to have 2 quality RBs getting roughly an equal amount of playing time and carries unless a team has an all-universe RB like LaDainian Tomlinson. There's no such thing as a feature back anymore, except in Baltimore (McGahee), Buffalo (Lynch), Pittsburgh (Parker), St. Louis (Jackson), and San Francisco (Gore), and of course, San Diego (LDT...I'll never call him LT, the only LT is Lawrence Taylor).

boaz33
12-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I've had barber on my fantasy team the last two years, he's the best endzone back in the league imo, but I don't know think he could carry the full load.

Salvy_Mic
12-15-2007, 04:51 AM
I would say right now that as far as former University of Minnesota backs go, Barber would be a better fit for the Patriots than Maroney, and Maroney is really good. If the Pats had a power runner, the game against Indy wouldn't have been as close, and the Philly and Baltimore games would've been one-sided. It would be demoralizing for any defense to play against an offense that can outmaneuver you through the air, then turn around and smack you in the mouth every time on the ground.

eazye76
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Marion Barbor looks pretty damn good as a in his first start this year, almost 100 yards in the middle of the 2nd quarter. Julius Jones might be getting his Gatorade next year.

pa99fighter
01-14-2008, 06:45 AM
hes like a Brandon Jacobs type player they arent great if its just him but there phenomenal if someone else compliments them

kylewyzle2005
01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
i still cant believe cowboys lost! damnit!