PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick a TUF 4 replacement?

Legend
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Alright if you could have picked a different fighter to be on TUF 4 who would it be. Give a good reason to why you would have like to see this particular fighter. And make it believable. Dont be a douche and say someone like Wandy.

My pick would be Carlos Newton. Mainly bc he was the WW champion. Hes already been there and that would have been interesting to see an actual former world champ on the show.

Legend
09-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok just realized i should have put this in the TUF forum section. But im tired so fuck it.

Boo
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Ok just realized i should have put this in the TUF forum section. But im tired so fuck it.
Coffee?

Afro
09-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Carlos might be way too good for TUF he was champ once

what about Renato Verissimo?

Legend
09-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Coffee?

I dont like coffee so i stick to diet coke for my caffeine kick.

Carlos might be way too good for TUF he was champ once

what about Renato Verissimo?

He could work. They could build him up as the guy who went the distance with Hughes.

Afro
09-04-2006, 02:50 PM
he technically beat Hughes, im sure not every ref woulda gaven the win to Hughes.. Hughes was TKO'd before Netwon was KO'd in that fight.

Boo
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Whatcha think about Dennis Hallman? Claim to fame is subbing Hughes twice. He's fighting at middleweight now. He's 31, and his record is 36-12-2. Most of those wins have been by sub. His two fights in the UFC have been losses to Rivera (55) by decision and Trigg by TKO (48).

Mr.MMA1769
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I would have liked to see "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler just for the fact that he is so explosive with his hands. I would have liked to see him and Spratt one more time. Plus he holds a victory over Chris "Lights Out" Lytle. :fingersmilie:

killerinstinct
09-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Alright if you could have picked a different fighter to be on TUF 4 who would it be. Give a good reason to why you would have like to see this particular fighter. And make it believable. Dont be a douche and say someone like Wandy.

My pick would be Carlos Newton. Mainly bc he was the WW champion. Hes already been there and that would have been interesting to see an actual former world champ on the show.
Carlos Newton can't be on the show ,b/c like you said he's a former champ and the whole point of this show is to have fighters who've never reached the big time.

Joe Riggs,Nick Diaz,or Nick Thompson are all reasonable replacements.

killerinstinct
09-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I would have liked to see "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler just for the fact that he is so explosive with his hands. I would have liked to see him and Spratt one more time. Plus he holds a victory over Chris "Lights Out" Lytle. :fingersmilie:
Robbie is in contract with ICON Sports at the time.I guess the UFC has enough money to borrow him if they wanted though.Would he fight at WW or MW though?

killerinstinct
09-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Whatcha think about Dennis Hallman? Claim to fame is subbing Hughes twice. He's fighting at middleweight now. He's 31, and his record is 36-12-2. Most of those wins have been by sub. His two fights in the UFC have been losses to Rivera (55) by decision and Trigg by TKO (48).
Hallman would be perfect for the show ,but he's under contract with IFL and the UFC and the IFL aren't exactly the best of friends.

yumitree
09-04-2006, 08:43 PM
newton is with the ifl too.

Legend
09-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Carlos Newton can't be on the show ,b/c like you said he's a former champ and the whole point of this show is to have fighters who've never reached the big time.

Joe Riggs,Nick Diaz,or Nick Thompson are all reasonable replacements.

Good point. I just thought i would be interesting to see a former champion on there trying to reclaim his title.

BigJoe111
09-05-2006, 06:14 AM
I understand that the UFC and the IFL aren't on the best of terms but Ivan Salaverry would have been great for the show. IVan is someone that I was upset to see leave the UFC when his three fight deal was up. Other then that I think that the show has an excellent lineup.

yumitree
09-05-2006, 07:29 AM
salaverry isn't with the ifl. he fought art santore at the wfa event, but i don't know if his contract was for just the one fight or the (seemingly) industry standard 3 fight deal.

BigJoe111
09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
salaverry isn't with the ifl. he fought art santore at the wfa event, but i don't know if his contract was for just the one fight or the (seemingly) industry standard 3 fight deal.
I apologize I was mistaken. THank you for correcting me without bitching at me. But Salaverry would be great

mattsoper
09-05-2006, 10:52 AM
of course being canadian I would of liked to see joe doerksen on the show...He would ahev been a good pick

Definatly would have liked to see robbie lawler on the show..i think he would have been perfect

killerinstinct
09-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Gil Castillo is also a reasonable replcement.

Salvy_Mic
09-11-2006, 11:53 PM
My ideal would be, without a doubt, Mayhem Miller. I've said it before, but TUF was made for Mayhem. I also would have loved to see Nick Diaz on the show, but he made his own comeback by filling in for Thiago Alves against Josh Neer on short notice...and winning pretty decisively. Charuto would be a good pick though, as would Trigg.

paintstik
09-12-2006, 06:00 AM
I honestly think a guy like Trigg is just too good to be on something like TUF4. He has lost to the top two WW's in the world (arguably) but is very talented. I remember someone saying how he probably wouldn't be asked to stay in the UFC if he lost to GSP...The logic was not that he lost 3 fights, but that he is so dangerous to the others in the WW divison but had already lost to the champ twice. I know he "retired", but that's how I would guage it. He would just be too much for these guys on TUF.

Legend
09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I honestly think a guy like Trigg is just too good to be on something like TUF4. He has lost to the top two WW's in the world (arguably) but is very talented. I remember someone saying how he probably wouldn't be asked to stay in the UFC if he lost to GSP...The logic was not that he lost 3 fights, but that he is so dangerous to the others in the WW divison but had already lost to the champ twice. I know he "retired", but that's how I would guage it. He would just be too much for these guys on TUF.

Plus hes working with Pride now as a commentator I doubt he would ever do anything with the UFC again.