PDA

View Full Version : Bisping vs Fedor

Hypergit
09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
What do you think?

I'm going with Bisping - his standup is superior, his submissive game more varied, and he just looks better all round. I can only see this going one way.

Before anyone starts trolling or being crazy here, please try to understand. This is a genuine dream match for me - I have a dream about this fight several nights a month, and it often has a viscous conclusion.

git.

Afro
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Fedor, Bisping isnt elite on the ground.. ya he has a ground game, hes very well rounded but the Pointon-Bisping fight gives be doubts

im talkin about the fight over in Britain, not on TUF.. Pointon WAS dominating that fight till he got submitted, he had Bisping on the ground and was delivering blows until he got caught.. Wrestling really is Bispings weakness but he has been working with Tito, so we may see the effects of that who knows.

If Fedor wasnt so much bigger then Bisping it be interesting to see though i'd still pick Fedor though cuz its Fedor.. but Bisping has a ton of potential

him and Rashad Evans are the future in the UFC if you ask me I hope Evans gets passed Lambert and continues to grow as a fighter, as well as Bisping cuz when Chuck is out of the picture I would love to see Evans(undefeated) vs Bisping(undefeated) battling for a title shot against who I will assume will be Babalu or Tito.

Mr.MMA1769
09-04-2006, 05:10 PM
It would have to be Fedor he is just too much. He would beat any UFC Heavyweight. I have never seen a HW with more talent. Bisping is good, but to say he could take Fedor is just a little far fetched in my mind.
:fingersmilie:

killerinstinct
09-04-2006, 06:33 PM
This isn't a dream match up yet.In a few years who knows this could be the talk of the town ,but as of right now Fedor takes it.

duran
09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
What do you think?

I'm going with Bisping - his standup is superior, his submissive game more varied, and he just looks better all round. I can only see this going one way.

Before anyone starts trolling or being crazy here, please try to understand. This is a genuine dream match for me - I have a dream about this fight several nights a month, and it often has a viscous conclusion.

git.

Git: When I read this, I felt like "Sherdog Forum-ing" you and blasting you, but I saw who posted it and you always make great posts. How do you really see this? I truly think that Bisbing is the next big thing, not only ability-wise, but good for the sport and with awesome commercial responsibility for the UFC corporate machine. He put a clinic on Josh in the TUF 3 finale and was a pleasure to see him transition from move to move. It was like watching an artist. I just don't see this as even remotely close, though.
Maybe it was me, but on TUF, I think every contestant was afraid of Hamill until they saw in his fight with Nickels that he punches like he takes it up the ass and sticks his chin out. The camera panned on Biz at one point and you could almost see the wheels turning in his head that Hamill is mortal and VERY beatable after all. I bring this up to show that anyone can be intimidated, and I think given their time and status in the sport, Biz would not want any part of Fedor now. Give Biz 2 big televised fights with high profile opponents before he is ready for the likes of Fedor. Btw, Biz is hurt and won't be on a UFN or PPV for a while.
Interested to hear your take on why u think he has a shot.

kaisq11
09-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Fedor

William Cutting
09-06-2006, 06:12 AM
R.I.P. Michael Bisping. :cruzifiedmotherfuck

warrior06
09-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Fedor

fe4tw
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I went with the only obvious answer: Not sure - too close.

Fedor has dominated the best in his weight devision, but when you compare them they are similar.

Fedor: Bald head, white guy, chubby, doesn't live in America, married, has a daughter, taller than me, and he has fought another bald guy.

Bisping: Bald head, white guy, chubby, doesn't live in America, married, has a daughter, taller than me, and he has fought another bald guy.

They seem pretty even to me.

prideFAN
09-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Are you fuckin kiddin! Bisping vs. Fedor!!!!! His not ready for the pride HW champ. Bisping's ground skill doesn't compair to "Minotauro" Nogueira's and he couldn't beat fedor.

:lmfao:

Storm442
09-06-2006, 07:58 PM
This isn't a dream match up yet.In a few years who knows this could be the talk of the town ,but as of right now Fedor takes it.

WINNER !!

Bisping has great talent.. he just needs more fight/training/time to become dominating. Fighting today? Fedor 100%

TheGame46
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I think Bisping is better than everyone thinks, he hasn't really been tested. He knew all he had to do is wait and take out his opponents so far because he hasn't had a challange.

Punk Ass
09-07-2006, 05:09 AM
What do you think?

git.

:ohmy: You must be kidding. Do you know who your comparing a untested rookie too? I think you just wanted to start a tread and didn't know what else to say.

MMAKIng
09-07-2006, 10:28 AM
what a thread, this might be as annoying as all the wandy vs chuck threads that you see everywhere. until they fight its a waste of an argument if you ask me. as far as bisping goes yea he beat a bunch of tuf contestents but hasn't fought since. there isn't any reason for this unless you think about how you ufc cradles there fighters. i wish ufc would just go back and have about 2-3 events a year tournament style and quit the speculation. bisping is tough and definately an up and comer but he wouldn't he even except this fight. your talking about f*ucking fedor, the pride champ. bisping has a long way to even get that shot. he would have to go through cro cop, nog ,barnett, wandy,shogun,,,etc,,,i mean the list is huge, give the guy some fights and lets see what he can do with all the lights the people, a big name opponent then we can talk.....

prideFAN
09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
what a thread, this might be as annoying as all the wandy vs chuck threads that you see everywhere. until they fight its a waste of an argument if you ask me. as far as bisping goes yea he beat a bunch of tuf contestents but hasn't fought since. there isn't any reason for this unless you think about how you ufc cradles there fighters. i wish ufc would just go back and have about 2-3 events a year tournament style and quit the speculation. bisping is tough and definately an up and comer but he wouldn't he even except this fight. your talking about f*ucking fedor, the pride champ. bisping has a long way to even get that shot. he would have to go through cro cop, nog ,barnett, wandy,shogun,,,etc,,,i mean the list is huge, give the guy some fights and lets see what he can do with all the lights the people, a big name opponent then we can talk.....

Very well put.

rockernhb
09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't see Bisping making it out of the ring conscious no matter where the fight would go. Bisping is a good fighter with a bright future, but it doesn't get any better than Fedor, in any organization. Fedor is definately the shit...

Hypergit
09-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Are you fuckin kiddin! Bisping vs. Fedor!!!!! His not ready for the pride HW champ. Bisping's ground skill doesn't compair to "Minotauro" Nogueira's and he couldn't beat fedor.

No, I am not Fukin kiddin – this is a dream match for me as I explained earlier.

Nog does have high standards on the ground, therefore it was too much work for Fedor to finish him – he didn’t have the skill. In contrast to Nog, there is much more to Bisping’s game than guard position - Fedor may get the dominant position on occasion, but he will do nothing worthwhile with it and sooner or later he will be flipped over and punished for his LnP antics.

as far as bisping goes yea he beat a bunch of tuf contestents but hasn't fought since. there isn't any reason for this unless you think about how you ufc cradles there fighters.

Yes, they may well be wrapping their best fighter in cotton wool rather than making money with him. Or, it could be that he partially tore his knee ligaments against Josh.

your talking about f*ucking fedor, the pride champ.

No, I’m talking about fucking Bisping! Everyone talks up Fedor, but Bisping has more skill, is better rounded, and is faster. I agree that Fedor is good in a brute force kind of way, but Bisping is a smooth mover, he has finesse and can deliver stunning blows from all angles. I am aware that Fedor is the pride champ, but I certainly choose Bisping out of these two.

I don't see Bisping making it out of the ring conscious no matter where the fight would go. Bisping is a good fighter with a bright future, but it doesn't get any better than Fedor, in any organization. Fedor is definately the shit...

Bisping would stay in the ring indefinitely. Fedor would eventually gas, at which point Bisping would up the tempo in a furious rage and finish with a huge shot in Fedor’s face. That’s the way it will go - KTFO.

git.

prideFAN
09-08-2006, 06:57 PM
No, I am not Fukin kiddin Ė this is a dream match for me as I explained earlier.

Nog does have high standards on the ground, therefore it was too much work for Fedor to finish him Ė he didnít have the skill. In contrast to Nog, there is much more to Bispingís game than guard position - Fedor may get the dominant position on occasion, but he will do nothing worthwhile with it and sooner or later he will be flipped over and punished for his LnP antics.

Yes, they may well be wrapping their best fighter in cotton wool rather than making money with him. Or, it could be that he partially tore his knee ligaments against Josh.

No, Iím talking about fucking Bisping! Everyone talks up Fedor, but Bisping has more skill, is better rounded, and is faster. I agree that Fedor is good in a brute force kind of way, but Bisping is a smooth mover, he has finesse and can deliver stunning blows from all angles. I am aware that Fedor is the pride champ, but I certainly choose Bisping out of these two.

Bisping would stay in the ring indefinitely. Fedor would eventually gas, at which point Bisping would up the tempo in a furious rage and finish with a huge shot in Fedorís face. Thatís the way it will go - KTFO.

git.
"up the tempo in a furious rage" You've got to be joking. Fedor fought some top fighters in pride and I have yet to see him gas out.:afro:

Nick
09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow, um...

How about Bisping fighting some people with talent before we all start getting on our knee's here.

Lets see....He needs to fight (in no order) - Mirko, Silva, Nog, Barnett, or wait better yet...ANYONE who has been fighting in PRIDE or UFC before you even consider what his game is. He has skills (from what I saw out of the edited TUF 3 and his finale fight, but that still hasn't convinced me he is legit.)

He was clocked pretty good in TUF 3. Just think if the man (cannot think of his name) the other fighter from England, charged at him when he was rocked might have been able to overwhelm him with punches, but he didn't. Do that against, Fedor...See definition of "sleeping"

Chaos
09-10-2006, 02:26 AM
First of all, he hasn't even fought in the ufc outside of the tuf. So give him some time to get to Fedor's level if he ever achieves it. But as of now, he's just a forrest griffin trying to make it in the game. This type of thread should not even be mentioned at this point in his career.

killerinstinct
09-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Bisping weakness is Fedor's strength(grappling)Fedor would easily defeat him right now.

Fedors Daddy
09-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Fedor would absolutely destroy Bisping, these two names dont even deserve to be in the same sentence..
Look at Bisping fight record http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=10196
He has fought no one with any real skill like Fedor, his record is made up of a bunch of UK cans. Then there is Fedor on the other hand, with wins over Herring, Cro Cop, Nog, Goodridge, fugita..and so on.
I would predict Fedor getting a KO or TKO via round one

MMA 4ever
09-11-2006, 03:42 AM
:lmfao: I am sorry but all I can see happening in this fight is Fedor all but raping Bisping from start to finish ( which would be when ever he decided to end it).

j.farrell
09-12-2006, 10:21 PM
i thougth i caught shit for posting bisping vs shogun..but that match up makes more sense than fedor vs bisping..obviously, by putting up against shogun i have faith in bisping..i just dont think he belongs in the ring with some one like fedor..i think a match with shogun would be exciting..with fedor i think it would be too one sided..

ddoggma
09-12-2006, 11:38 PM
:ahh: Bis>Fedor...is crazy talk. Lets see what he's got,before we feed him to the likes of that freak. I have been watching as many Fedor fights as I can. He is truly a "natural" fighter. So fluent, like Bruce Lee said, "Become like water" He does exactly that. I love the blank, almost peacefull look he has,right before they start. Its like hes looking accross the ring at a some sort of pathetic animal, that he has to put out of its misery.

MMA 4ever
09-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I love the blank, almost peacefull look he has,right before they start. Its like hes looking accross the ring at a some sort of pathetic animal, that he has to put out of its misery.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :grinsmile2:

Hypergit
09-13-2006, 02:54 AM
How about Bisping fighting some people with talent before we all start getting on our knee's here.

Iím not getting on my knees, but I certainly look forward to doing so when this dream happens just like I say. How can you say that Bisping hasnít fought anyone with talent??? Didnít you see his fight against Josh in the TUF finale? That kid fights a lot like fedor Ė looping powerful punches, excellent subs/sub defence, and Ďno quití in him. Also, Kristian Rothaermel was 40-3 and Mike took him to school.

But as of now, he's just a forrest griffin trying to make it in the game. This type of thread should not even be mentioned at this point in his career.

Forrest griffin?? He isnít fit to polish Bispingís belts. Lol he couldnít even convincingly beat Tito (who Bisping would own) - how dare you compare them. And this is the point in Bispingís career where he is a two time world champion and TUF victor, so this is a perfectly reasonable matchup for the near future.

I am sorry but all I can see happening in this fight is Fedor all but raping Bisping from start to finish ( which would be when ever he decided to end it).

Fedor would certainly try to rape Bisping with his usual bull rush (lack of) technique. However, Bisp would eventually use his superior bj to bewilder Fedor and claim his back. Once Bisping uses his hooks in rear mount there is only one way this will end Ė Bisping finishes!

Iím getting a little frustrated with everyone laughing at the very suggestion of this fight - itís like youíre not allowed to talk about how amazing fucking Bisping is without everyone thinking youíre being crazy or stupid. Yíall need to open your eyes.

Git.

ddoggma
09-13-2006, 03:07 AM
I got news for ya.....Titos kickin his ass right now too. I'm a big Bis fan. but he needs to go slow here. There is alot of really good fighters out there. And he;ll get beat if he steps up too fast. Look for him too fight some real talent after the new year. He'll do well at 205lb. In 2years he could be UFC champ. I dont think he ever will be able to beat a CroCop or Fedor at the top of their game. Mirkos getting better, and Fedor, well.... we all know he's the real deal. They are too big and hit too hard. Bis vs Bonner sounds like a good fight or K. Jardine. Then we take him up to a Rashad Evans/Forrest type guy ....then a title shot maybe.:grinsmile1:

killerinstinct
09-13-2006, 04:01 AM
Iím not getting on my knees, but I certainly look forward to doing so when this dream happens just like I say. How can you say that Bisping hasnít fought anyone with talent??? Didnít you see his fight against Josh in the TUF finale? That kid fights a lot like fedor Ė looping powerful punches, excellent subs/sub defence, and Ďno quití in him. Also, Kristian Rothaermel was 40-3 and Mike took him to school.Git.
Hypergit how the hell can you compare Josh Haynes to Fedor?Haynes and Fedor are nothing alike.Haynes has lots of heart and has my respect ,but he's not in Fedor's league.Fedor isn't sloppy like Haynes.Fedor has crazy skills.

Bisping's weakness is grappling.That's Fedor's strength.Fedor would win in dominating fashion.

MMA 4ever
09-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Open my eye's? Look at what you posted in your first post of the thread. I think you sir are the one with his eye's closed. You are the one making a claim that has absolutely nothing to back it up. Maybe if you had said in several year's and lot's more fight's with decent competition that Bisping would have a good chance then I would agree but to say that you only see it going one way at this point? Come on.

Do you honestly think that Bisping could stay out of Minotauro's submission's in two seperate 20 mintue fight's? Or go with CroCop for 20 minute's without getting blasted right now?

This is coming from someone that is always one of the first people to say that this is mma and anything can happen on any given day but right now the fact is that Bisping would have a very slim chance.

killerinstinct
09-13-2006, 04:06 AM
Fedor would certainly try to rape Bisping with his usual bull rush (lack of) technique. However, Bisp would eventually use his superior BJ to bewilder Fedor and claim his back. Once Bisping uses his hooks in rear mount there is only one way this will end – Bisping finishes!

I’m getting a little frustrated with everyone laughing at the very suggestion of this fight - it’s like you’re not allowed to talk about how amazing fucking Bisping is without everyone thinking you’re being crazy or stupid. Y’all need to open your eyes.

Git.
You're right Bisping would just do what Renato Sobral and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira couldn't do(two of the greatest ground fighters in mma) get Fedor's back and finish the fight.That's believable.We all know how much greater Bisping's grappling is compared to Fedor's huh?Hell, Fedor probably wouldn't last 20 seconds.Also Sharon Stone wears underwear and the pope isn't catholic.

MMA 4ever
09-13-2006, 04:11 AM
Hypergit how the hell can you compare Josh Haynes to Fedor?Haynes and Fedor are nothing alike.Haynes has lots of heart and has my respect ,but he's not in Fedor's league.Fedor isn't sloppy like Haynes.Fedor has crazy skills.
Agreed.

Haynes and Fedor don't even belong in the same sentence unless I was saying "I shit my Haynes when Fedor challenged me to a street fight." :grinsmile1:

killerinstinct
09-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Agreed.

Haynes and Fedor don't even belong in the same sentence unless I was saying "I shit my Haynes when Fedor challenged me to a street fight." :grinsmile1:
lol.

Fedors Daddy
09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Untill Bisping beats anyone with any real talent, he will always be a B-Level TUF fighter.
Git, i find it funny that you respond to Nicks comment, "How about Bisping fighting some people with talent before we all start getting on our knee's here" by saying,"How can you say that Bisping hasn’t fought anyone with talent??? Didn’t you see his fight against Josh in the TUF finale? That kid fights a lot like fedor" Josh Haynes is aboslutely nothing like Fedor, Haynes is 7-6, with no wins over any recognized fighter, and losses to cans like Jerry "Scary" Vrbanovic, and Horace "Wreck" Spencer. Whereas Fedor is 23-1 (his one loss due too a lucky grazing elbow opening a cut) with wins over Mirco Cro Cop, Ricardo Arona, "Minotauro" Nogueira, Kazuyuki Fujita, and many other recognized fighters. There styles are also nothing alike, Haynes "love taps" are not at all as powerfull or accurate as Fedors punches, Fedors subs/sub defense are also lightyears away from Haynes.

killerinstinct
09-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Untill Bisping beats anyone with any real talent, he will always be a B-Level TUF fighter.
Git, i find it funny that you respond to Nicks comment, "How about Bisping fighting some people with talent before we all start getting on our knee's here" by saying,"How can you say that Bisping hasnít fought anyone with talent??? Didnít you see his fight against Josh in the TUF finale? That kid fights a lot like fedor" Josh Haynes is aboslutely nothing like Fedor, Haynes is 7-6, with no wins over any recognized fighter, and losses to cans like Jerry "Scary" Vrbanovic, and Horace "Wreck" Spencer. Whereas Fedor is 23-1 (his one loss due too a lucky grazing elbow opening a cut) with wins over Mirco Cro Cop, Ricardo Arona, "Minotauro" Nogueira, Kazuyuki Fujita, and many other recognized fighters. There styles are also nothing alike, Haynes "love taps" are not at all as powerfull or accurate as Fedors punches, Fedors subs/sub defense are also lightyears away from Haynes.
very well said.:wavesmile:

kickbox
01-18-2008, 09:37 AM

:lmfao:

thats why this fool got banned:angrrry::rtrp:

Hypergit
07-10-2008, 07:44 AM
thats why this fool got banned:angrrry::rtrp:

Who's the fool now?

scottsec
07-10-2008, 04:47 PM

LOL...how can you tell someone its not a dream match up yet. Its a DREAM matchup. My dream matchup is my boss and Houston Alexander...im sure no one else gives a shit but its MY dream matchup...

Chris88
07-11-2008, 11:27 AM
6 people think bisping can beat fedor .. that's really weird ..
this is a HUGE mismatch ..
the odds for this fight would be 15/20-1 in Fedor's favour.

Bones McGee
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
This must be a joke, is that you Mr. Hubbard? Fedor wins a barnburner via SD

vale tudo
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Bisping first round ko.

thebwit
07-17-2008, 11:04 PM
ok WTF. Seriously WTF?

This thread was started almost 2 years ago and we are still getting posts on it? I saw this pop up today and thought who the hell would want Bisping vs Fedor other than for Bisping to get a good old ass whupping? Then I find that 6 people think he can beat Fedor?

WTF?

It would be better if this was started on April 1, but no, this was legit...
:confusedsmilie: :confusedsmilie: :confusedsmilie: :confusedsmilie:

vale tudo
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Calm down sir.

Mr. Raider
07-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Is this still the Dream Match forum or did it turn to the MisMatch forum. Bisping Isnt good enough to hold Fedors robe much less be in a sanctioned fight with him. Sorry git but thats just the cold hard truth. Bisping doesnt hold a single advantage over Fedor.

TriangleChoke
07-18-2008, 02:56 AM
lmao i can't believe anyone took this thread seriously

stpierrecanada
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Bisping can't even win at LHW. He only fights bumbs at MW. Bisping isn't very good at all.