PDA

View Full Version : Vick gets 2 years!!!!!

eazye76
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
They arn't fucking around

Vick gets 23-month sentence on dogfighting charges
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 10, 2007, 11:02 AM ET
Comment
Email
Print
RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson could have sentenced the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to up to five years. Vick pleaded guilty in August, admitting he bankrolled the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation and helped kill six to eight dogs.

Vick also received three years' probation. With nearly a month already served, Vick would be scheduled for release in October 2009.

Vick, wearing a black-and-white prison jumpsuit, had no visible reaction when Hudson issued his punishment. Vick apologized to the court and his family.

In his plea agreement in August, Vick -- who waived his right to appeal his sentence then -- admitted bankrolling the dogfighting ring on his 15-acre property in rural southeastern Virginia and helping kill pit bulls that did not perform well in test fights. He also admitted providing money for bets on the fights but said he never shared in any winnings.

Credit - ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549

Mac
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Good!!

SimpleJack
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
What an idiot. Glad to see that he gets to eat some shit for a while.

Jon-E-Law
12-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Man I was kinda worried he would get off easy.
Looks like he'll get ass slapped for a while.
Does anyone think he willplay again?

Noise Chopped
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Haha, no - No, the feds sure as hell don't fuck around when it comes to filing charges. I'm actually surprised it wasn't more, to tell you the truth.

Not because I think he earned more time or whatever - Frankly, I think this was just the right sentence. But Vick was staring at the further end of time after having done one of the stupidest things I've ever seen any guy do after having pleaded guilty, in or out of sports: smoked some weed.

Vick's got a chance to get out earlier than 23 months - So don't get dead set on his serving two full years. First of all you've got to account for good behaviour - If Vick plays his cards right, he would only have to serve 80% of his sentence, the last month of which he could eventually get into a halfway house and the-fuck-out-of prison. If he watches his P's and Q's and gets out early.

I really hope people stop looking at him as anything other than a man now. And hopefully people wise the fuck up - Especially the kids who saw this whole thing happen.

As for his playing again...Yea, maybe. Not as a quarterback, or maybe a third string quarterback, at a much lower wage. And not at Atlanta. I imagine it very probable that he changes positions and becomes a running back or something. Kicker, hah.

Raiders18
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
One of his lawyers were saying had he handled this whole thing differently Vick wouldn't of spent 1 day in jail. He handled it stupid and payed the price. But they said due to the lack of space in that jail and barring good behavior he can be let out early which I see happening.

Ubermensch
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I hope the state charges his ass next MF!!! I hate that guy totally disrespects sentient life.

pa99fighter
12-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I dont care what anyone says 2 years thats bullshit :bsflag:

Metalhead
12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Good

Jon-E-Law
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Has the nfl charged him yet?

2mcgrath
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Not Long enough, IMO.

Also he MUST serve 85% of that time. Earliest he can get out is April of 2009.

But everyone must remember that Vick still has charges to face.

These are just the Federal charges, he still faces State charges in VA.

thats what i was gonna say,the peice of shit should have got more time than that.

Brutus
12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Has the nfl charged him yet?

yeah, the 19 million he owes to the falcons b/c of this.

ps, you should put a seisure warning on that sig Jon

Brutus
12-11-2007, 10:55 PM
IMO, Vick will most definatly play in the NFL again, but to be totally honest, I doubt he will play QB, they may use him as a RB, or WR, or even a Safety.

But for some reason I don't see him coming back and takeing over a team the way a QB does.

And I think he will go to the Raiders.lol

yeah i agree sundance, QB hasnt got him much success and he'll prolly be a kick/punt returner b4 he goes back to QB as well. Running back most likely. like a backup for SF, Michael Robinson, something like that.

rivethead
12-12-2007, 08:32 AM
I smell yet another remake...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0398165/

rh