PDA

View Full Version : Best Healthy Drinks? (Aside from water)

Afro
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
On a scale of 1-10 how healthy is Arionza Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey?

and what else are very healthy drinks that you can buy at a store and dont have to mix? aside from Water and Life Water.. and Gatorade.

Clint
12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Diet Arizona is good probably an 8, regular not so much.

crystal lite is good, diet soda is okay in moderation. effectively avoid anything with more than about 25 calories in an 8 ounce serving unless it is PWO.

Pythonfighter14
12-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Gatorades actually have a lot of carbohydrates, 26g per bottle to be excact. i don't drink them for that exact reason.

DirtyDirtBiker
12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Gatorades actually have a lot of carbohydrates, 26g per bottle to be excact. i don't drink them for that exact reason.

Sometimes you actually need it if you train really hard. I also heard that the powder is better since it doesn't have all the syrup or whatever bottled gatorade contains.

Clint
12-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Be careful of juices. Many are packed full of sugar and not a whole lot of anything else.

Ramma
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Be careful of juices. Many are packed full of sugar and not a whole lot of anything else.
Yeah, I should have stated that, it is true. Keep an eye on those nutrition facts as well.

Warchief
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Dried fungus from China, a herb uses by the chinese athletes...it's too expensive though (8000 dollars per box).

Or Green tea.

Rufio
12-14-2007, 06:35 PM
There's a protein powder called Syntrax Nectar which is pure whey protein isolate, no carbs or fat and the cappucino flavored stuff is delicious. I love that mixed with 1% milk. IMO it tastes better than Muscle Milk. I'm pretty sure orange juice is fine too, since the sugars don't have a high insulin response.

dudefella
12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Just look at the side of the bottle. Most drinks you get, any carbs/calories you get from them will be simple sugars, which you want to keep to a minimum except first thing in the morning and after exercise. Milk being the obvious exception.

And for the record, water can't really be considered "healthy"... more like necessary.

There's some debate on this still, but excessive amounts of anti-oxidants can possibly inhibit muscle growth. So if you're trying to add mass, I'd cut back on the green tea!

Pythonfighter14
12-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Sometimes you actually need it if you train really hard. I also heard that the powder is better since it doesn't have all the syrup or whatever bottled gatorade contains.

I think Propel is better for you than Gatorade. That's good during competition but if you drink that not during competition , or training, you puttting like 26g of carbs into your body that will likely not get used unless you are about to train.