PDA

View Full Version : arm triangle preference???

initial_zen
12-12-2007, 07:34 AM
im just curious if u guys/gals think it is more effective to figure 4 ur arms wen locking in the choke or just squeeze with something like a gabble grip. just wondering cause my partners tell me to figure 4 but in a lot of mma fights most of the time i see people finish it/make the person pass out with the gabble grip

Kimuras"R"Us
12-12-2007, 07:50 AM
im just curious if u guys/gals think it is more effective to figure 4 ur arms wen locking in the choke or just squeeze with something like a gabble grip. just wondering cause my partners tell me to figure 4 but in a lot of mma fights most of the time i see people finish it/make the person pass out with the gabble grip

I've only been taught the figure four so that's what I go with. Can you post a pic or just explain the gabble grip please?

initial_zen
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I've only been taught the figure four so that's what I go with. Can you post a pic or just explain the gabble grip please?

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/osaekomi/kata_gatame.gif

heres a sketchy kind of picture lol. the gable grip is a grip where u face ur palms toward each other and clapse them together without using ur thumbs.. sorry i suck at explaining things

ufobydeath
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I usually figure-four, but IMO it's all up to you. I've tried doing it gable-grip style and I found that I expend a lot more energy (and since I have weak arms I don't want to gas them out). Even if you start figure-fouring there'll still be discussions on "what to do with you left hand?!" (if you're right-handed like me); press on his forehead, pull his wrist, push his arm...

In the end it all comes down to how effective the choke is. If you can choke someone out in 8 seconds with one and 30 seconds with the other... just try every single way and see which one works best.

Kimuras"R"Us
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.judoinfo.com/images/osaekomi/kata_gatame.gif

heres a sketchy kind of picture lol. the gable grip is a grip where u face ur palms toward each other and clapse them together without using ur thumbs.. sorry i suck at explaining things

Thank God Microsoft ClipArt had a picture of the gable grip for you to show... lol. Thanks for the explanation, rep'd.