PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Report on Steroids due tomorrow

jesusatemyhotdog
12-12-2007, 01:09 PM
The Mitchell report is due to be released tomorrow.

Allegedly as many as 50 past and current players will be named as steroid abusers.

I personally don't give a shit about player names and I think that this inquiry is a joke because MLB has as much blood on their hands as any player does.

They reaped the rewards of the steroid use in the form of selling out ball parks in the Sosa/McGwire/Bonds home run era after the lack of fan interest following the cancellation of the 94 World Series.

I feel that pretty much all the managers, gms and owners knew exactly what was going on and if BALCO had never been uncovered, players would still be juicing to this very day and the owners would be counting their cash.

What are your thoughts?

Maniac
12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
There's nothing else to say! That's my opinion also!

This report could, and probably will, RUIN a lot of memories I have of baseball idols of mine.

It will always be around. People will always be trying to beat the system. This needs to happen though.

JoeKickAss
12-12-2007, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if the majority of the names that come out are a bunch of nobodies and guys that have already been accused of steroid use.

boaz33
12-13-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm with you on this one Jesus, I think the MLB carries a bunch of the blame, its hard to hate on ballplayers for breaking a rule that wasn't enforced. Baseball was in the shitter after the strike and the homerun chases were what put it back in the spotlight. It just sucks knowing were gonna have to hear this era was the "steroid era" of baseball for the rest of our lives.

eazye76
12-13-2007, 09:07 AM
I have no evidence of any of this, and I'm certainly not trying to accuse anybody. This is mainly "what if" stuff

The main thing that I'm going to be looking for in the report is names of guys who are fresh off free agency/trades. Like Andruw Jones, who went to the Angels on a big two year deal. Also Miguel Tehada(sp?) who just got traded away from Baltimore for a bunch of guys I've never heard of.
It will also be interesting to see the ratio of hitters to pitchers.
And finally I think the last two questions are - Do they say anyting about Bonds, and What the fuck happens if A-Rod is on the list.

I know a lot of people are ver skeptical about this report and don't expect to see anything good, but this is the same feeling that we all had when MLB went in front of congress. Everybody thought it would be a joke and nobody would ask the tough questions. Well they did, and Mark McGuire cried and Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English.

eazye76
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I just heard that Roger Clemens name is going to be in the report!

No source, but Tony Bruno just said it on his radio show

TeddyDaBear
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I just heard that Roger Clemens name is going to be in the report!

No source, but Tony Bruno just said it on his radio show

yep, i'm watching Sportscenter right now and they have a source confirming both Andy Pettite and ROger Clemens will be named in the report. :sadsmile2:

Severn
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Andy Pettitte and Clemens so far are named.

The thing is do you retroactively punish guys who took it when it wasn't against the rules?

Baseball is at fault for this as well. I remember how much the strike turned away fans. I don't think people remember how bad it was. After all the Roger Marris chase was the one that "saved" baseball. The way I see it no one comes out clean from this.

jesusatemyhotdog
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Andy Pettitte and Clemens so far are named.

The thing is do you retroactively punish guys who took it when it wasn't against the rules?

Baseball is at fault for this as well. I remember how much the strike turned away fans. I don't think people remember how bad it was. After all the Roger Marris chase was the one that "saved" baseball. The way I see it no one comes out clean from this.

That was one of my thoughts in my original posts when I talked about MLB having blood on their hands. Everyone knew steroids were used in sports, yet the MLB acts is if they were blindsided that the possibility of a player on steroids in baseball.

To single out the players is a joke. If one player is retroactively suspended, I will be upset.

WATCH LIVE NOW
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&tab=m1490&from=33&vid=821a1a92-b8b4-4563-bd5d-1dcf8229264a#