Nook Logan
Randy Velarde
David Justice
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite
Larry Bigbie

JoeKickAss
12-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Anybody else not surprised that the first two name leaked by a Red Sox fan were two Yankee players?

Krazikarl
12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
First off, there is nothing to suggest that Mitchell is the one who leaked it. Nobody knows who leaked it a bit early, and what fan allegiance that person had. Clemens probably was the biggest name on the list, so it makes sense that his name would be one of the ones that was leaked. Plus they have the strongest evidence against them since somebody is claiming that he personally injected them.

A lot of Red Sox were on the list (althoug not as many as Yankees, but thats because their biggest informant was a guy who did his stuff in New York). Clemens used to pitch for the Red Sox too, although of course stuff has happened since then.

SimpleJack
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
David Justice, haven't heard that name in a very long time.

atj-lucko
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
How about F.P. Santangelo (like what 5'6 21 career home runs)
on the list but Ruben Sierra not.. WTF in the early mid 90's he was jacked up when playing with Oakland...

SimpleJack
12-14-2007, 04:44 PM
This report is pretty rough. I think it should have been issued as a closed report to the commissioner and congressional committee and the findings analyzed before smudging some of the names in it based completely on hearsay and circumstantial evidence in many cases. Just my opinion.

Maniac
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
^^ I agree.

Kind of a dud. What's disturbing to me is the fact that 13 KC Royals (12 former & 1 current) players were named. That's not the disturbing part. The fact that these guys also SUCKED AT CHEATING........that is disturbing!

eazye76
12-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the new info George. Everybody in the report was already implicated at some point. He got 99% of his info from the gov't(who did all the work, and then he blamed everyone equally, and reccomended no punishment. Now if Bud Selig suspends a couple of no names, for 15 games and it looks like he did something.

:deadhorse:

The only thing this did was ruin a couple of reputations and put the final nail in the coffin of Selig's legacy. :sleepsmile1:

Also, how can a credible a report on MLB steroid use be that does not include the "The Ambiguously Juiced Duo" - McGuire/Sosa.
Come to think of it, Palmero wasn't even on the list was he? WTF, is a positive drug test not more reliable than the "gossip" that he is basing some of these accustaions on?

For future referance it might be a better idea to hire an investigative reporter as opposed to a former senator who is believed by many to have a conflict of interest.

Maniac
12-15-2007, 01:49 AM
^^^"The Ambiguously Juiced Duo"^^^ Sosa/Mcguire

HAHA! Alright....come on all you photshopers!! I wanna see it!

pa99fighter
12-15-2007, 04:58 AM
they barely had anything on David Justice. Listen to this and you will believe hes innocent
http://ne.edgecastcdn.net/0000A6/stations/1367/071214_justice_mkay.mp3

Krazikarl
12-15-2007, 05:39 AM
I think you guys missed what the Report is about. Its not meant to be a list of all the players who used. He says in the Report and in his press conference that the list isnt even close to complete because the Players Union told everybody not to talk to him, so he could only get info from a few people. So just because they didnt name somebody doesnt mean anything because they might just not have had an informant that had anything to do with them.

Anyway, all the people in the Report had a chance to defend themselves. They all chose not to. Once you pass on your chance to defend yourself because you are playing hardball, then you kind of deserve whats coming at you. Mitchell sent the Union (it would be illegal for him to directly talk to the players) giving names and accusations, but the players still wouldnt talk.

At some point you have to out these guys because if you dont they will keep stonewalling everything in the future. If you play for real with them, then it shows the public and the players that something is going to be done, and that trying to be asses and not give anything isnt going to always protect you.

atj-lucko
12-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I think you guys missed what the Report is about. Its not meant to be a list of all the players who used. He says in the Report and in his press conference that the list isnt even close to complete because the Players Union told everybody not to talk to him, so he could only get info from a few people. So just because they didnt name somebody doesnt mean anything because they might just not have had an informant that had anything to do with them.

Anyway, all the people in the Report had a chance to defend themselves. They all chose not to. Once you pass on your chance to defend yourself because you are playing hardball, then you kind of deserve whats coming at you. Mitchell sent the Union (it would be illegal for him to directly talk to the players) giving names and accusations, but the players still wouldnt talk.

At some point you have to out these guys because if you dont they will keep stonewalling everything in the future. If you play for real with them, then it shows the public and the players that something is going to be done, and that trying to be asses and not give anything isnt going to always protect you.

My point is that if your gonna name names, then name them all or don't name any. Allot seems guilty by association like Brian Roberts.

Krazikarl
12-15-2007, 09:38 PM
You're never going to be able to name everybody. Thats like saying dont presecute murders unless you can get every murderer out there. If you get evidence that the guy used, then you get that guy. You dont not do anything to him because there is probably somebody out there who used and didnt get caught.

eazye76
12-16-2007, 06:19 AM
You really can't name everybody, that would be impossible. That being said, Mitchell was unwilling to get his hands dirty. This report was a damn joke- it's called investigative reporting!!!! George needs to take an Intro to Journalism class.:rtrp:

sandywh
12-18-2007, 06:03 AM
OK OK, I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but there is some awfully fishy shit going on with this report.

Back in the first few months of this investigation, people close to it were saying that baseball would turned on its ear with the sheer number of names and which names they were that were going to caught up in this.

The report was supposedly ready to come out Nov. 1. But somehow that was pushed off.

I played 2 years of Class D ball, and still have a lot of friends playing ball. Some of the guys I've asked about this investigation, (Wes Helms, Trot Nixon, Freddy Garcia) all have said that they were interviewed and didn't say nothing, but that the investigators kept saying that "We've already got this guy, and that guy. We know you've worked out with this trainer, and we've got him too." Those same guys told me that the union was going to get a copy of the report and only the names of guys that can be convicted in a court of law will be revealed.

I'm thinking the report was edited by the Union first then by baseball. It seems really odd that the only "new" name of an active player without having one foot out the door was Paul LaDuca. But they got the Superstar Hall of Famer (Clemens), the choir boy (pettite), the obvious (Vaughn), and a handfull of other decent names that have been retired for years.

The report is a sham......IMO