PDA

View Full Version : Schlitt vs Sylvia

BigJoe111
09-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Listen the UFC tried to give us Gann McGee vs Sylvia as the battle of the giants, but come on Gan McGee. Schlitt has fought in the UFC before and has been in against some excellent competition. He just fought for K-1, but it was a one fight deal. I think his contract with Pride is up and I would love to see him punch Sylvia in the face and knock him out, much liek he did Petey WIlliam during his last fight in the UFC> What do you all think? FOr all the Sylvia haters this is perfect. Schlitt isn't under contract anywhere and he could beat Sylvia with either strikes or subs.

Sorry I didn't include his first name for anyone who is new to MMA it is Semmy Schlitt

Intellectual
09-05-2006, 01:20 AM
the HIGHTOWER :lmfao:

i cant really judge the guy, but from the minimum number of fights (mostly his Pride fights) ive watched he seems to be skilled in what he does.

against Sylvia? im not sure what he can do against him. It would be an interesting fight, but right now i would say that the fight would go either way.

He faught against Fedor until a Decision was made, he lost by unanimous decision, but anyone that can last 3 rounds against Feodrsays alot (i think that fight was 3 rounds)...but we cant just judge it like that.

anyway,

i say Sylvia wins by Decision (Split)

killerinstinct
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Sylvia takes this fight.Tim doesn't get nearly the amount of respect he deserves.

BigJoe111
09-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Sylvua takes this fight.Tim doesn't get nearly the amount of respect he deserves.
You know I agree that Sylvia would win this fight , but I think it would make for one of the more interesting fights of his career. Schlitt is incredibly skilled both on his feet and on the ground and I think that he would take it to the ground and probably get very close to submitting Sylvia before finally beign caught at the beginning of either round four or five and losing. Sylvia is a very god fighter, but I think this would be a great fight.

William Cutting
09-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I think Sylvia would get the win if he took Semmy down (which he should be able to) but if Schilt could keep it standing I would say Schilt by KO.

warrior06
09-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Sylvia

kickbox
01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
I think Sylvia would get the win if he took Semmy down (which he should be able to) but if Schilt could keep it standing I would say Schilt by KO.

I never knew Sylvia had world class takedowns to take down a k1 striker!!if thats the case then Shilt should take him down as well.

Ramma
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
You guys are nuts. Schilt would wreck Sylvia.

That has nothing to do with my dislike for Sylvia.

Schilt is a multiple K-1 Champion who has a great height advantage

Sylvia is a sloppy striker who uses his height to his advantage

Schilt would make quick work of Sylvia because Sylvia is a lesser version of Schilt.

Submissionist
01-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Schilt by KO in the first. He is 10x better on the feet. He also went to a decision against Fedor.

Afro
01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Sylvia is a better MMA fighter clearly, cuz he has good takedown defense.. him taking Schilt down isnt likely even so can he do it enough to win a 3 round fight? dont think so IMO, and I think Schilt clearly outstrikes Tim.

btp
01-18-2008, 08:38 PM
shilts standup is >>>> than sylvias.

The only way Sylvia wins this is if he takes shilt down so I think it comes down to who has the edge in wrestling. The problem is Sylvia prides himself as a striker and if he tries to strike with semmy he cant win.