PDA

View Full Version : Semmy has his eyes on the UFC

Ramma
12-20-2007, 06:45 AM
FightHype.com recently caught up with Semmy Schilt, the first ever&nbsp;three-peat K-1 World Grand Prix winner, to discuss his recent win over Peter Aerts, his future plans and more. Check it out!<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: Congratulations Semmy on becoming the first ever 3-time consecutive K-1 World Grand Prix winner. How is life right now?</STRONG><BR><BR>SS: Life is good. I'm becoming a father soon and I didn't get injured at the Grand Prix.<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: To be so successful in K-1, how many times do you train per week? </STRONG><BR><BR>SS: 2 times a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, for a total of 3 hours a day.<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: If Tim Sylvia wins the UFC Heavyweight title again in February, any chance of us seeing you come to the US to try and knock him out?</STRONG><BR><BR>SS: My manager and K-1 are trying to work out a deal with the UFC to make this fight happen. I am ready to get back in the Octagon!<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: When you go out in Japan, are you easily recognized? </STRONG><BR><BR>SS: Well, with my height, I don't put on sunglasses and go up in the crowd. Yes, I get recognized everywhere.<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: Who is someone you look up to for inspiration? </STRONG><BR><BR>SS: My trainer Dave Jonkers, my team Golden Glory, my manager Bas Boon and all my sparring partners.<BR><BR><STRONG>TN: Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans in closing? </STRONG><BR><BR>SS: I am still developing my skills and speed. Being a world champion in karate and Pancrase and now three-time world K-1 Grand Prix Champion, I would like to get the heavyweight title in the UFC and fight a rematch against Fedor, with the right preparation. I mean, from not doing K-1, then to mma, then back to K-1, it is very hard for me to shuffle between styles. I see that as a huge challenge.

Source - FIGHTHYPE \\ CONTENT (http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1541.html)

It would be interesting to see Semmy in the UFC.

Between him and LeBanner.. if they both left, that would be bad for K-1.

P.S. Come on all you strikers... lets start utilizing this forum a little more. More interviews, pics, videos, etc.

dofking
12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice i want to see semmy go back into mma again. I dont think theres anymore challenge for him left in k1 lol. Semmy is like the pride version of Tim Sylvia... a tall striker only that his ground game is not as refined as sylvia's but his striking is way better.

valheruking
12-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Semmy really seems to be considering mma, i guess when you've won K-1 3 times in a row you might start to get bored, i think he'd be like Sylvia too, i'd love to see that fight, poor Timmy would get annihilated lol, not only is Semmy bigger and stronger but hes about 10 times better on the feet, terrible match-up for Sylvia.

Ramma
12-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Has Semmy ever fought in the cage? I don't think so, it would be interesting to see how he fairs.

neonatural45
12-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Has Semmy ever fought in the cage? I don't think so, it would be interesting to see how he fairs.

hes fought in the UFC before

Ramma
12-23-2007, 04:48 AM
hes fought in the UFC before

Totally forgot that he has fought Barnett twice, once in Inoki and once in UFC. Thanks.

deeznizzies
12-24-2007, 05:28 AM
if he's still under contract with K1 i don't see him fighting in the ufc for a belt. he'll have to have an exclusive contract with the ufc. with the celebrity status he has and the amount he makes per fight in japan, i don't see him jabbing syliva in his ugly mug anytime soon.